Winter, coming soon, stock up.

matty40s

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

When writing your post, click on the Add Files button at the bottom, then on my phone I click on My Files and then Images, and select the picture(s) to add. It will probably be something similar on your phone.

You can leave it at that and the pictures will appear in the order they uploaded, or you can position the cursor at the appropriate point in your message and click on Insert to put the selected picture at the chosen place in your post.

If you have a fairly modern camera phone, as most people do nowadays, you may well need to resize the image downwards to fit into the CWDF limit of 2.9mb per post.

Samsung, or similar, go to your gallery, select image, go down to the edit functions at the bottom and press the pencil. Then go top right to the three dots, press, and select resize image. Select 20% and then press save at the top.

This image will now fit into CWDF posts, and will be the top image in your gallery so easy to find.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

If you have a fairly modern camera phone, as most people do nowadays, you may well need to resize the image downwards to fit into the CWDF limit of 2.9mb per post.

Samsung, or similar, go to your gallery, select image, go down to the edit functions at the bottom and press the pencil. Then go top right to the three dots, press, and select resize image. Select 20% and then press save at the top.

This image will now fit into CWDF posts, and will be the top image in your gallery so easy to find.

I have always screenshoted it to do that

22 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Do you? I posted a couple of pictures earlier today which were both about 3.7Mb, with no need to reduce the file size first.

5 hours ago, David Mack said:

Do you? I posted a couple of pictures earlier today which were both about 3.7Mb, with no need to reduce the file size first.

One would think a modern day forum server programme might automatically re-size images submitted, rather than unhelpfully return a crude "Image too large" error message. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Disappointed with the temperature again this morning. Not even a frost here. A positively tropical 2 degrees.

Well, we are not that far away (as the weather travels)  and it has been very cold again overnight, it has now risen to (minus) -2° with freezing fog. Visability was about 70 yards an hour ago but is now up to about 200 yards

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Well, we are not that far away (as the weather travels)  and it has been very cold again overnight, it has now risen to (minus) -2° with freezing fog. Visability was about 70 yards an hour ago but is now up to about 200 yards

We are supposed to have family coming over this afternoon from Sheffield but they have rung up to cancel. They have 3 inch of lying snow with more falling.

Sounds like it could be an interesting drive to work tomorrow morning!

Just now, Naughty Cal said:

We are supposed to have family coming over this afternoon from Sheffield but they have rung up to cancel. They have 3 inch of lying snow with more falling.

Sounds like it could be an interesting drive to work tomorrow morning!

Yes Liz has said the same, she is in Sharrow enjoying the snow.

Snow here yesterday so I went to the boat to finish winterisation. Bright sun and a 70's female vocal group here today.

The  view from my phone crossing edge of Exmoor yesterday on my way to the boat. Yes I am tramping on a bit, the advantage of all season tyres and 4x4.

I did do a braking test and it stopped as normal 😱

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

Snow here yesterday so I went to the boat to finish winterisation. Bright sun and a 70's female vocal group here today.

The  view from my phone crossing edge of Exmoor yesterday on my way to the boat. Yes I am tramping on a bit, the advantage of all season tyres and 4x4.

I did do a braking test and it stopped as normal 😱

I have driven in Norway with full studded mud and snow tyres, it wont save you if something goes wrong! You wake up car on its roof like hundreds if not thousands have done before you!

• Greenie 2

Been out for a walk at Idle Valley Nature reserve this afternoon. Was a very pleasant 4 degrees when we set off. 6 miles down the road 0 degrees and the fog had yet to fully lift.

The lakes were frozen over unsurprisingly. 

A pleasant walk non the less. No signs of ice on the roads. In fact the roads and the reserve were unusually quiet.

FB_IMG_1670773276571.jpg.e2ad9ac78311e4e8dbbd01426503a116.jpg

FB_IMG_1670773298138.jpg.0a301a449c7a0e250a0e79ab404d0d73.jpg

FB_IMG_1670773307191.jpg.5bb6e2f21e2ffa4390c1dee1eda6f237.jpg

• Love 1

Great birthday celebration week for eldest daughter spent in Mickleton in Teesdale. Pretty Baltic all week end but the house was fairly modern and had a wood burner.

They enjoyed the hot tub as cold as it was.

Came home to a freezing cold house at 7.5 degrees inside.

Edited by M_JG

5 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Great birthday celebration week for eldest daughter spent in Mickleton in Teesdale. Pretty Baltic all week end but the house was fairly modern and had a wood burner.

They enjoyed the hot tub as cold as it was.

Came home to a freezing cold house at 7.5 degrees inside.

Did you not heat the house while you were away?

Just now, Naughty Cal said:

Did you not heat the house while you were away?

Made the mistake of turning the stat off.

We normally leave it ticking over in winter but I'd been messing about with the settings and putting new batteries in and didn't turn it back on.

The frost override setting would have kicked in if it had got much lower.

Anyway fired it back up and the stove is alight now so warmed back up.