TugBoat 28FT By 8ft BetaLister 52Hp Turbo No Reserve

Featured Posts

Ooh! Read the description! :o

Now, I appreciate that he's a bit tee'd off by a buyer not turning up but, seriously, would you get involved with the seller after seeing such a rant? 

Edited by Sea Dog
Apologies Nomad - I didn't read your new post as I was typing.
  • Greenie 1
16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ooh! Read the description! :o

Now, I appreciate that he's a bit tee'd off by a buyer not turning up but, seriously, would you get involved with the seller after seeing such a rant? 

I'm surprised eBay allowed that.

I always thought it has 'profanity' filters on the software??

Clearly I'm mistaken.

6 hours ago, matty40s said:

28 foot boat with a 52 hp .......submarine when you engage reverse.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TugBoat-28FT-By-8ft-BetaLister-52Hp-Turbo-No-Reserve-Auction-/293950903380

Screenshot_20210114-125557_Chrome.jpg

I do like the boat,but is unsuitable for narrow canals at 8ft beam. 2'-6" draft is probably a bit deep.My last narrowboat drew 27inches (2'-3") and scraped the bottom fairly frequently.

A big turbocharged engine is an unecessary complication on canals.

Apart from that,I would go and look at it.

Having been messed around when I sold my last two boats (people not turning up,stupidly low offers,exaggerating minor faults etc)

One person was so dismissive of my boat,I told him to "go ......his grandmother"and that is really out of character for me.

I fully understand the vendor's frustration.

28 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

2'-6" draft is probably a bit deep.My last narrowboat drew 27inches (2'-3") and scraped the bottom fairly frequently.

Really? I have boated on boats drawing 3 ft for over 25 years. Yes you do touch the bottom from time to time, and you can't always get as close to the bank as you might want, but it isn't really a problem.

6 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

So if you cross him, he'll threaten to beat seven bells out of you?

Having bought three boats,two of the vendors were quite ok with me grovelling around their boats,and offers were made.The third vendor was rather "prickly"and as I was looking at various things asked if I was a dealer (I'm not) and was hovering around me constantly.

His attitude softened a bit when I made an offer (which he refused) so I upped it a bit and it was accepted.

I found being polite and respectfully examining a prospective purchase then most people are ok.

I have looked at other boats,and the ones I didn't want,I thanked the vendors and told them it wasn't what I was looking for,and not mess them about.

Most,although perhaps a bit disappointed accepted this.