Government realises boats exist!

frangar

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, MartynG said:

10 Lincolnshire schools reported covid infections  since reopening . So it seems  the virus is very much  still out there and active.

There's no reason it should ever go away, short of a mutation. Viruses don't, in general. It still does very little harm to kids and young adults.  Maybe they should just lower the retirement age for teachers...

15 hours ago, matty40s said:

Our marina, workshop and brokerage has been the epitome of self distancing/ safe working/ self isolation/ shielding. Most of the local area has been similar, along with most shops and customers.

However, I was returning back the other day with laden bags, and a new boat owner (well over 60) shouted to me that he wanted assistance lighting his diesel stove. He strode up to me, chomping a sandwich and invaded my space, crumbs flying out of his mouth as he asked again. I moved backwards and he came forward,  so I forgot how to light a diesel stove and bade my farewell.

You should have doused him in meths, to ensure he was sterilised! ?

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

There's no reason it should ever go away, short of a mutation. Viruses don't, in general. It still does very little harm to kids and young adults.  Maybe they should just lower the retirement age for teachers...

Children may be at lower risk but the parents and other  household family members will be put at risk of the virus  which they may in turn pass on.

Sending five year olds back to school for half a term is certain way of transmitting the virus. The government clearly wants a controlled  spreading of the virus.

5 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

It isn't the kids that are mainly at risk, it is the spreading of the virus to parents who are back to work and them spread it round the workforce.

5 hours ago, MartynG said:

10 Lincolnshire schools reported covid infections  since reopening . So it seems  the virus is very much  still out there and active.

So already 5% (approx) of their opened schools closed

Re

This lockdown is rapidly turning into total nonsense. I'm not at all surprised large numbers are now ignoring it.

There is an element of a farce here. I wonder if with bubbles, West Ham supporters are exempt

•  

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

I thought all social distancing had ended when the police bowed on one leg and permitted a demonstrators last week... is it still a thing?

You of all people should know you can't police without consent, which, in view of what the demo was about, had been withdrawn.  You could of course had armed the cops and shot people,or baton charged them, or ridden horses at them (all done in the past) and had a riot. As it was, there wasn't one. I'm sure the Mail would have preferred one,as would some of the police. Others had more sense.

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, Arthur Marshall said:

You of all people should know you can't police without consent, which, in view of what the demo was about, had been withdrawn.  You could of course had armed the cops and shot people,or baton charged them, or ridden horses at them (all done in the past) and had a riot. As it was, there wasn't one. I'm sure the Mail would have preferred one,as would some of the police. Others had more sense.

Ron's not a copper, he's just not very quick ....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

I thought all social distancing had ended when the police bowed on one leg and permitted a demonstrators last week... is it still a thing?

Yes. But only if you are not demonstrating destroying or protesting against something that happened in a galaxy far far removed. 
Or if you are in a hurry in the booze isle at Tesco and can’t be arsed to follow the arrows they put there for others.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, MartynG said:

Children may be at lower risk but the parents and other  household family members will be put at risk of the virus  which they may in turn pass on.

Sending five year olds back to school for half a term is certain way of transmitting the virus. The government clearly wants a controlled  spreading of the virus.

I'm getting tired of repeating this. You can't legislate a virus out of existence. Most people recover. We don't even know if kids are contagious (though they probably are). No-one WANTS a spread, but it's better to have a controlled one than total chaos.

Edited by Arthur Marshall
  • Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I'm getting tired of repeating this. You can't legislate a virus out of existence. Most people recover. We don't even know if kids are contagious (though they probably are). No-one WANTS a spread, but it's better to have a controlled one than total chaos.

Sending children to school  so soon is a recipe for total chaos.

Edited by MartynG

I'm watching channel 4 news and they're talking about a single mum who sent a letter to Dominic Cummings after his downing Street rose garden speech which might have prompted him and Boris to introduce this new support bubble lockdown measure for single parents of children under 18. But is it only for single parents and if so why not also for any other single people who live alone including those without children?

Edited by blackrose

5 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I'm watching channel 4 news and they're talking about a single mum who sent a letter to Dominic Cummings after his downing Street rose garden speech which might have prompted him and Boris to introduce this new support bubble lockdown measure for single parents of children under 18. But is it only for single parents and if so why not also for any other single people who live alone including those without children?

No, it's for adults who live alone or with children.  If two or more people over 18 live in your primary residence you can only "bubble" with one single adult who lives alone.

The guidance is on https://www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-people-from-outside-your-household if you want the detail

from 13 June, single adult households – in other words adults who live alone or with dependent children only – can form a ‘support bubble’ with one other household. All those in a support bubble will be able to spend time together inside each others’ homes, including overnight, without needing to stay 2 metres apart. We are making this change to support the loneliest and most isolated. It is a targeted intervention to provide extra support to some of those most impacted by the most difficult effects of the current social restrictions, while ensuring we continue to keep the rate of transmission down

2 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Indeed. With those officers kneeling they gained the respect of the demonstrators, but lost it from the general public. 

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Indeed. With those officers kneeling they gained the respect of the demonstrators, but lost it from the general public. 

It’s been more than a while since this member of the general public has had any respect for the police I’m afraid 

22 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Didn't lose it from me. They do have a way to go to regain it completely though, having kicked my door down and beaten me up, held me illegally overnight on another occasion, refused to accept my home address existed... unfortunately, humans being what they are, we need police. But whether we need some them is another matter. Watch the news tonight? 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

No, it's for adults who live alone or with children.  If two or more people over 18 live in your primary residence you can only "bubble" with one single adult who lives alone.

The guidance is on https://www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-people-from-outside-your-household if you want the detail

from 13 June, single adult households – in other words adults who live alone or with dependent children only – can form a ‘support bubble’ with one other household. All those in a support bubble will be able to spend time together inside each others’ homes, including overnight, without needing to stay 2 metres apart. We are making this change to support the loneliest and most isolated. It is a targeted intervention to provide extra support to some of those most impacted by the most difficult effects of the current social restrictions, while ensuring we continue to keep the rate of transmission down

Thanks. They only talked about single people with children under 18 on the news and showed a clip of Boris saying the same thing so I was a bit confused.

Having worked with the police both in uk and Australia, I have massive respect for them.

They had far more patience than I ever did, and assisted many times with difficult people, letting me do my job without question.

When I was seriously injured by a patient, they were brilliant, good at first aid and containing the situation.  They are seriously multi skilled.

And yes in a former life as a long haired lairy student they overstepped the mark and arrested me without good reason, but I probably deserved it.

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

But is it only for single parents and if so why not also for any other single people who live alone including those without children?

Allegedly, he went round(just to test his eyes) and thought it was a splendid idea to pitch to the cabinet.

He has been round to test his...

Eyes, several times since seeing as Neil Ferguson only had to stay away from public view for 4 weeks before returning to spout his latest shite model guidance to the public ,.media and Government.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I would love to know what the source of this is, just seen some stuff on Facebook saying the say.  Has there been something announced officially that says this is going to happen, and of course that it would include boats?

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

I would love to know what the source of this is, just seen some stuff on Facebook saying the say.  Has there been something announced officially that says this is going to happen, and of course that it would include boats?

Not seen an official announcement yet, but the date of 4th July has been knocking around the hire fleets for quite a while.  It's the overnight stay thing we are all waiting for from the government.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

I think that Boats and Marinas will closely follow camping site 'rules'.

As I read it, it is simply the Camping & Caravan club saying they will open their sites (not all, or independent operators) and that without Government approval they will not be properly open :

The Camping and Caravanning Club have announced they are aiming to reopen a majority of campsites from July 4.

An extensive list of social distancing measures have been introduced, however they can only open toilet and shower facilities if they get the go-ahead from the government.

In a statement on their website, the company said: "At the current time we plan to open the majority of Club Sites …………."

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Not seen an official announcement yet, but the date of 4th July has been knocking around the hire fleets for quite a while.  It's the overnight stay thing we are all waiting for from the government.

Yes it has, but that just seems to be an aspiration, not any fact.  I would like to think it is possible, but with all these demo/riots and the shops opening, I am not optimistic.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I think that Boats and Marinas will closely follow camping site 'rules'.

As I read it, it is simply the Camping & Caravan club saying they will open their sites (not all, or independent operators) and that without Government approval they will not be properly open :

The Camping and Caravanning Club have announced they are aiming to reopen a majority of campsites from July 4.

An extensive list of social distancing measures have been introduced, however they can only open toilet and shower facilities if they get the go-ahead from the government.

In a statement on their website, the company said: "At the current time we plan to open the majority of Club Sites …………."

I would have thought they would follow the guidance for boats as published yesterday, and as emended.