Government realises boats exist!

frangar

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

If it is so difficult to catch the virus how is it that we have been getting 1200 -1300 new cases for 10 days or so.   Those new case will also not be all cases they will only IIRC hospital admissions.

because 1200 to 1300 people a day are finding the one person in 1500/6000 in such a way as to become infected. These numbers sound large but, in the scheme of things, (a population of 67 million), they are relatively small, although not as small as the flu numbers yet.

presumably, (on average), around 1050 to 1150 people a day are also recovering from infection, (if 150 a day are dying), thus leaving a fairly static number infected at any one time. This number will be between about 10,000 and 50,000, dependent upon whether 1 in 1500 are infected, or 1 in 6000 are infected, or somewhere in between.

My ramblings obviously depend upon the figures being "bandied about" being correct.

I would add that I struggle a bit with the fact that a very small people with the virus in this country spread it to the levels that it reached, whereas 10,000 to 50,000 infected is now being considered a relatively small number. I guess distancing and containment is critical to control.

I would also add that the WHO are telling us that the virus is spreading at its fastest rate in the rest of the world, (presumably India, Brasil, and similar - big countries who are a bit behind on the timeline), so complacency is not an option.

Armed with this information, my guess is that our donkeys will be lifting the quarantine requirement when it comes up for review, and it is a foregone conclusion that "the science" will find that it is safe/appropriate to reduce the social distancing distance to 1m, given that government will be able to find someone willing to say what they want to be said. 

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Indeed if you type in our postcode you get Northamptonshire or Warwickshire which is odd. 
1200 out of 64 mill is pretty good odds.

Interestingly, the number that was shown for deaths in our area yesterday was 1329.  Today, the total number is 1328. Must be Easter again...