Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

That fence doesn't inspire confidence!

That fence is no real deterent to a thief. I can get through it in a minute or so with the right bit of kit. It would be more secure with a third rail. Why people put steel pallisade fencing up is beyond my comprehension it can only give a false sence of security. Fine welded steel mesh is much more secure and more pleasing aesthetically but that only needs a battery powered angle grinder to get through it.

Maybe they had too many people coming around for a bath. 3 bathrooms. 

More seriously it will to be prevent ingress by the scrotes rather than an effort to deter burglary. 

I don't know exactly where this is in the flight but middle of Wigan flight was one place where I had scrotes all over the boat one night and I ended up mooring it in an empty lock to lose them. They were no harm but a little feral. 

This was about 14 or 15 yars ago. One imagines it is worse now. 

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Whatever mooring rights it might have, you aren't going to be able to keep a very big boat there.

True, but I had a lot of fun in Reading with a little Viking 20 at the end of the garden. If you live by the waterway, you only really need a day-boat or weekender for going shopping or to the pub...

31 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

True, but I had a lot of fun in Reading with a little Viking 20 at the end of the garden. If you live by the waterway, you only really need a day-boat or weekender for going shopping or to the pub...

True, but in this case I think the boat would have to be quite a bit shorter than 20 ft.

51541_32483595_IMG_12_0000.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bacchus said:

A more affordable place "believed" to have mooring and fishing rights on the Shropshire Union

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/137793665

Or with a 60' mooring on the appropriately named Longmoor lane in Sandiacre

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/132193247

I know the Sandiacre house.  The extension is subsiding, cracks in the walls.

52 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Lindy Fosters House, once a Hire Boat Base, Bridgewater Boats.

No, its the house which was built next door about 11 years ago, on the site of the old boat shed (which was partially burnt down  by a local juvenile arsonist after the boat hire business closed).

13 hours ago, David Mack said:

That fence doesn't inspire confidence!

253883_32484820_IMG_28_0000.jpeg

I think that whoever buys it will remove the fencing and invest in cctv cameras. The towpath is usually busy with walkers, joggers, cyclists, dog walkers and a few fishermen.

8 minutes ago, Batavia said:

No, its the house which was built next door about 11 years ago, on the site of the old boat shed (which was partially burnt down  by a local juvenile arsonist after the boat hire business closed).

So it is the house on the right with the slipway, while Lindy lives next door in the house on the left. So she has the garden and you have no garden. We'll overpriced then

47 minutes ago, Batavia said:

Do I recall a narrow boat with your username being moored there? 

39 minutes ago, Tonka said:

So it is the house on the right with the slipway, while Lindy lives next door in the house on the left. So she has the garden and you have no garden. We'll overpriced then

Correct!  You get the paved area fronting the canal and a microscopic garden round the back.

3 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Do I recall a narrow boat with your username being moored there? 

Your recollection is correct!  We moored our boats (2 x Daedalus + Batavia) there, on and off, for 40 years.

3 minutes ago, Batavia said:

Correct!  You get the paved area fronting the canal and a microscopic garden round the back.

Your recollection is correct!  We moored our boats (2 x Daedalus + Batavia) there, on and off, for 40 years.

So are you Frank