London Boat prices and sellers expectations

PD1964

Featured Posts

I've come late to this topic as I was in hospital just over a week, getting home on Thursday afternoon, and quite busy since catching up on things.

As the ad under discussion has disappeared, I suppose it's doomed to stay off topic so I'll say this. Routemasters, like other buses, should be all red if run by LT, and some other local colour scheme if not.

If I go down to Eastbourne, I expect to see a yellow and green Southdown bus, not a red one. Apart from Cliff Richard taking one to Greece, were Routemasters much used outside London?, I don't know.

As to buses sinking, a Routemaster is going to go down faster than most being open at the back.

• Greenie 1

44 minutes ago, Peter X said:

I've come late to this topic as I was in hospital just over a week, getting home on Thursday afternoon, and quite busy since catching up on things.

As the ad under discussion has disappeared, I suppose it's doomed to stay off topic so I'll say this. Routemasters, like other buses, should be all red if run by LT, and some other local colour scheme if not.

If I go down to Eastbourne, I expect to see a yellow and green Southdown bus, not a red one. Apart from Cliff Richard taking one to Greece, were Routemasters much used outside London?, I don't know.

Yes, while London Transport ones were red, those operated by London Country (which was, I think, associated with LT) were green. I used to catch LC services between, for example, St. Albans and Hertford.

The LC ones were probably marginally less sinkable, as they were fitted with rear folding doors. This was in the 1970s, not sure whether the LCs had been fitted with these doors from new or whether they had been modified later.

8 minutes ago, Chrish01 said:

Between 1964 and 1967 I went to school on a LC green routemaster (I think route 346) in Watford and it certainly did not have any rear doors

Gosh, how did people get on and off it?

16 minutes ago, Ray T said:

A London bus managed to get to the South Pole so they must float.

The Sunday Sport says that so it must be true.

5824198584_14267d4be5[1].jpg

Certain members would have believed that had it been printed in " the Guardian "

On 11/23/2017 at 10:54, PD1964 said:

Nothing really winds me up, especially irrelevant things said on here.

So what's the point of having Threads and subjects? just have a open house and people can just write anything on any Thread, lets start doing it on every Thread then and see how long the Forum lasts.

The forum has been going a very large number of years, and I suspect will carry on for many many more after the last time you post on it.

Others are available......

Edited by alan_fincher
To turn it back into an approximation to English....
  • Greenie 4

22 hours ago, Chrish01 said:

Sometimes fell off the rear platform

Not a rare event, I wrote a witness statement for LT when I was 14 and the only person who saw when a woman left the rear platform of a 194 and hurt herself. As she deliberately stepped off before the bus stopped while wearing high heels, she hadn't a leg to stand on.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Peter X said:

Not a rare event, I wrote a witness statement for LT when I was 14 and the only person who saw when a woman left the rear platform of a 194 and hurt herself. As she deliberately stepped off before the bus stopped while wearing high heels, she hadn't a leg to stand on.

Saw what you did there ,have a Greenie

13 hours ago, Peter X said:

I remember some kid swinging out from the vertical pole on the platform of the school bus to jump off as it was still doing a damned good running speed and met a pillar box.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

I remember some kid swinging out from the vertical pole on the platform of the school bus to jump off as it was still doing a damned good running speed and met a pillar box.

It might have been me you saw if it was mid  60’s in London ;)