Bridgewater Gestapo Tactics

Glynn

Featured Posts

Only when putting costs in for a court case can you charge for a letter/time. As a "lip" you are restricted to £18 per hour.

Used to be £9.

I too have been and won in courtt ans claimed for time and letters.

A note telling anyone you will be charging for ketters has no merit.

Perhaps one way to deal with this is a letter of protest. A list of verifiable examples of this chaps bad behaviour, signed by as many boaters as possible and sent on real paper to head office.

I would think that is an excellent idea. Facebook page etc perhaps?

Unreasonable or not, companies are employing somebody to deal with you. They can show an ACTUAL cost of doing so.

Yours is a notional cost, because you are actually spending your spare time on it.

If you pay a solicitor to send a letter for you, you could claim that cost (but NOT the cost of your time for instructing the solicitor).

You can probably claim for the cost of having a mate who writes better letters than you!

If you can claim unreasonable behaviour by the claimant then the civil procedure rules state you can claim costs despite it being small claims. X hours @£ for your time, stationary and postage.

Your posts on private parking are correct and good advice and a good example of contract law

No wonder He didn't want to show his business card ! That Sonny Smith looks like a pasty face old man with a big nose !

As a pasty faced old man with a big nose, I take exception to that ;)

You won't get £25 for a letter.

Whilst a professional can charge for their time to send a letter, you can only claim for the expense of sending a letter;

• Paper (including the paper for any rough drafts)
  • Envelope
  • Ink
  • Postage
  • Copying the letter
You aren't going to get a court to agree that a letter has cost you more than about £2

You are a barrack room lawyer what a load of tosh you spout !

But it does have entertainment value if little else

• Greenie 2

Burnley's pretty hot. In Macclesfield I've got fifteen people sitting round the laptop waiting for the next post...

They could song some Macc Lads tunes while they wait, I'll post some of the lyrics on here, we can all join in!

You are a barrack room lawyer what a load of tosh you spout !

But it does have entertainment value if little else

Just saying a post is tosh without offering what you think is correct information, reflects more on you than on the post you are condemning.

• Greenie 3

Burnley's pretty hot. In Macclesfield I've got fifteen people sitting round the laptop waiting for the next post...

There is 20 of us outside Burnley's Mechanic's Institute watching paint dry. And cutting the grass at Turf Moor, waiting for the team to win a match.

:)

Just been reading about the plans to restore Runcorn locks and boats use the MSC to Western. They will need another Sonny if they do that.

Sadly the supply of "Sonnies" is inexhaustible. Its something in the British charecter that breeds that sort.

Top Cat

Update:

There is nothing to report !.

Makes you wonder if its a proper firm were dealing with.

Ive had nothing off them to say were excluded from the Bridgewater so in my mind we aren't.

Of course you aren't. It would take more than a few words from an aggressive thug to formalise your being banned. In fact, given that you are a CRT boat, I don't see how they could monitor and control your access to the canal.

Assuming you only ever use the Bridgewater for a few days, and that they would have to give more than a few days notice to do anything physical to your boat, I'd guess they are on a hiding to nothing, in practical terms :)

So do we know what happened at the meeting? I know NABO are trying to get details of boaters experiences.

We luckily didn't have the misfortune to meet Sonny on our trips through over the past couple of weeks.

All the C&RT licence holders seemed to be trying to get through as fast as possible which is a shame

At a recent meeting it was asked whether the enforcement officer has had any form of training etc.

It turns out he hasn't and so it was advised that he should be CRB and generally security checked aswell as being placed on an industry standard customer service training course. The canal company have stated that the enforcement officers role will be reviewed.