Stolen narrowboat - Chilton [***found***]

malcolmm

Featured Posts

The tank was full so would last for many days - depending of course how many hours a day the engine was run. There is no lock on the tank - however anyone resourceful enough to have stolen our boat from a mooring in a marina would probably have been able to cope with a locking cap.

I have today contacted every marina and boatyard within an extremely wide area that I can find details for to ask them to keep an eye open for the boat and let me know if it has visited them for diesel or any other reason.

Several people have also been good enough to post details about the boat on their Facebook pages which is much appreciated - many thanks if you are one of those.

offtopic.gif This has probably been mentioned before in previous threads, and I apologise for repetition if it has.

But to avoid this anguish and hardship, why don't more peeps conceal one of these on their boats?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VEHICLE-GSM-GPRS-GPS-TRACKER-CAR-TRACKING-LOCATOR-TK102B-DEVICE-CHARISMATIC-/111936751790?hash=item1a0ff348ae:g:HsgAAOSwP~tW3PZ7

Thanks to all those who have posted.

Here are a couple more pictures:

Z0V78y.jpg

FBRZOv.jpg

We were alerted to the loss by CRT yesterday afternoon, as one of their inspectors had found the boat moored (neatly) just north of Penkridge on the Staffs and Worcs, heading south, last Friday morning, with index number and licence information removed. The same inspector checked again last night - the boat is no longer there.

I could post many more pictures but I'm not sure they would help - there are hundreds of boats on the network with similar colouring, many with similar features - but there are no other boats with the name Chilton. The name was applied with vinyl lettering so could now have been removed - but it hadn't been last Friday.

Once again we would appreciate any information anyone may have, though if the boat is seen the police should be informed. Thanks all.

ref that location have you contacted Gailey and Hatherton marinas to be aware as they are south of this location

Looks close but aren't the window tops rounded? - anyway I shared the report on Facebook

They look spot on to me. Bear in mind that the 'spotted' picture is pretty grainy.

Looks close but aren't the window tops rounded? - anyway I shared the report on Facebook

can't tell on the picture whether it's rounded windows at the top.

everything else is a match though (including the apparent height of the mushroom vents) apart from the rear red panel (which is odd not having any name / artwork on it)

I would certainly be having a look at it if I were nearer

They look spot on to me. Bear in mind that the 'spotted' picture is pretty grainy.

I'm hoping you're correct maybe it's the angle that makes them look all-rounded. Someone on here who lives close by will no doubt be on the case.

offtopic.gif This has probably been mentioned before in previous threads, and I apologise for repetition if it has.

But to avoid this anguish and hardship, why don't more peeps conceal one of these on their boats?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VEHICLE-GSM-GPRS-GPS-TRACKER-CAR-TRACKING-LOCATOR-TK102B-DEVICE-CHARISMATIC-/111936751790?hash=item1a0ff348ae:g:HsgAAOSwP~tW3PZ7

With regards to that particular product ...... China and the words Posted by eBay Mobile would put me off.

Althyough the general idea must have merit especially should boat-napping become more prevalent.

Probably because a Narrowboat is pretty much a Faraday cage with limited openings. The mobile phone signal won't reach it in many places on the boat and the GPS receiver may have even more trouble if it can't 'see' the satellites. It would work placed in a box on the roof and perhaps fairly often if in a window, but it's concealing it where it will work that is the biggest challenge. Great in grp boats though!

Encouraging to see the photo of the similar boat above - I'm no longer in that area to assist, but my fingers are crossed for the rightful owner!

THAT IS IT!!!

Someone has painted out the rear end in red and covered up the Chilton name - but that's it.

Who has the Facebook link, what time was the photo taken?

Anyone nearby? Is it still there?

With regards to that particular product ...... China and the words Posted by eBay Mobile would put me off.

Althyough the general idea must have merit especially should boat-napping become more prevalent.

I have two of that exact product here from when I was testing various gps trackers for a business venture, they do work but have a few downsides in the way they use their gps sensor and gprs data connection which means that they kill their battery very quickly even if you set them up for minimal use, they manage 6-8 hours compared to other (externally almost identical) ones that will get 50+ hours out of the same battery

THAT IS IT!!!

Someone has painted out the rear end in red and covered up the Chilton name - but that's it.

You need to call the Police Malcolm, they may well want to hang around and catch the thief when he returns. Or at least do their SOCO thing and dust the boat for fingerprints.

• Greenie 1

THAT IS IT!!!

If i were you i would get some fishing gear, a small tent and a couple of days worth of food and drink.

Go and sit 100yds away from the boat and wait for someone to return to it. It would be so satisfying to not only get the boat back, but to catch the arseholes red handed. Call the Police as soon as anyone goes back to it.

Although I must say, if it were mine I'd be in my car on the way up to find it, and lurk around waiting for the thief to return myself. Not necessarily to give hima good battering but to see if he arrives say in a car and get some photos of him. Maybe wait at a lock with some boys in blue after he sets off again.

• Greenie 2

I can get there within 2hrs if you need any help.

You need to call the Police Malcolm, they may well want to hang around and catch the thief when he returns. Or at least do their SOCO thing and dust the boat for fingerprints.

Seconded.

THAT IS IT!!!

Malcom, I understand you're getting the details of the poster on Facebook. Here's the comment from that post though - "Is this Chilton. Just passed it on Staffs & Worc by Milford Bridge 105. No one on board."