Stolen narrowboat - Chilton [***found***]

malcolmm

Featured Posts

The monkey may well have seen that the theft has been noticed, published on the Web, that folks are searching his area and hence moored up and legged it. With many boats, if the theft isn't noticed until the owner next visits the perps could have weeks or even months to move it and do their thing before the search even starts.

Let's hope were seeing the start of a happy ending!

THAT IS IT!!!

Someone has painted out the rear end in red and covered up the Chilton name - but that's it.

I hope it is, and that it's OK. I guess you need to contact the police asap (if you've not yet done so). Your original photos did not show a "tide mark" along the side, so if it was not there when you last used the boat it is possible that the scrote has emptied a lot of stuff from it.

Tam

• Greenie 1

What baffles me is, didn't "the monkey" expect the theft to be noticed and the boat to be quickly found? It's not like nicking a silver Ford Focus.

Your original photos did not show a "tide mark" along the side, so if it was not there when you last used the boat it is possible that the scrote has emptied a lot of stuff from it.

Tam

Most observant, Tam, and a very good point. But have another look: I think that this "tide mark" is there on the original snap, it's just that the light isn't shining directly on to it so it doesn't show up so well. At least, I hope that's the case, as it will suggest that the boat is about as heavy now as it was before.

What baffles me is, didn't "the monkey" expect the theft to be noticed and the boat to be quickly found? It's not like nicking a silver Ford Focus.

Most observant, Tam, and a very good point. But have another look: I think that this "tide mark" is there on the original snap, it's just that the light isn't shining directly on to it so it doesn't show up so well. At least, I hope that's the case, as it will suggest that the boat is about as heavy now as it was before.

If someone only visits their boat at weekends they won't notice until the next visit and other people on the marina would naturally assume that the owner has taken the boat out - or something like that I guess.

THAT IS IT!!!

Someone has painted out the rear end in red and covered up the Chilton name - but that's it.

Who has the Facebook link, what time was the photo taken?

Anyone nearby? Is it still there?

Apparently the picture was taken at 2pm today so with any luck the thief has legged it as previously suggested. As long as it is the right boat of course.

Although I must say, if it were mine I'd be in my car on the way up to find it, and lurk around waiting for the thief to return myself. Not necessarily to give hima good battering but to see if he arrives say in a car and get some photos of him. Maybe wait at a lock with some boys in blue after he sets off again.

hmmmmm decisions, decisions?

Er yes, that's what he's said

Twice.

Point of order your Athyness,

The local fuzz is no longer called a Police Force. It's the 'Police Service'. Or it is around here. And they wear black too, not blue now!

The boys in black - yes!

Chilton was built by one of the volume boat builders, so there must be a possibility that it is a very similar boat at Milford. Under the RCD the HIN number should be marked on the hull externally and in a 'secret' place inside. It would help the OP to confirm this is indeed his boat if he can show the police the RCD paperwork.

Our narrowboat Chilton has been stolen from Kings Bromley Marina on the Trent and Mersey - has anyone seen it?

Malcolm,

Can you post all of the information together in a single post, so that we can create an 'announcement' out of and place it at the top of each screen.

I will also pin this topic for the next few weeks and or until it is found, which ever is sooner.

Daniel

Rather excellent news I must say!

And makes an excellent illustration of how picking away at the owner for ever more details yields a result.

I doubt such a solid identification would have been achieved, if at all, had we not been arguing the toss over C scrolls, the layout of the starboard side windows and their frame shape!

• Greenie 1