Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Not entirely on topic, but a pic of the new cafe / bistro furniture installed on friday at Pillings.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IzwPEdWF3ncY347ars4i6LLR2CxgtUY9vPY1GlOLl-rWMJyN8P5u5rw9rvRsqyMvUg=s400

From that link I'm getting:

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /IzwPEdWF3ncY347ars4i6LLR2CxgtUY9vPY1GlOLl-rWMJyN8P5u5rw9rvRsqyMvUg=s400 from this server. (Client IP address: 94.196.211.139)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

Me too; but assuming the furniture picture is not a spoof, the purchase of new furniture at this time is further proof, if any were needed, that PL has lost the plot. If I had a business struggling as badly as Pillings Lock, I'd make do with the existing furniture unless (1) someone wanted it so badly they offered me more than the cost of replacing it, or (2) it was so terrible that it was frightening customers away and I could expect to recoup the replacement cost quickly through an increase in trade. They have MUCH bigger problems that ought to be receiving management attention.

Such as what appropriate tunes the band should be playing at the "On the water" day in May. I suggest:

Drive in Saturday by David Bowie

Hole in the Ground by Bernard Cribbins

The Beginning of the End by Eddie and the Motors

From that link I'm getting:

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /IzwPEdWF3ncY347ars4i6LLR2CxgtUY9vPY1GlOLl-rWMJyN8P5u5rw9rvRsqyMvUg=s400 from this server. (Client IP address: 94.196.211.139)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

Sorry, the share from Google drive was working.... I've added it to photos, and made it public... Hopefully that will help.... If not, I'll upload to some other service if anyone want to view the horror!

Not entirely on topic, but a pic of the new cafe / bistro furniture installed on friday at Pillings.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IzwPEdWF3ncY347ars4i6LLR2CxgtUY9vPY1GlOLl-rWMJyN8P5u5rw9rvRsqyMvUg=s400

There was certainly no new furniture installed in the café last Saturday, it still had the tatty second hand stuff. But there were a lot of tubular and plastic rattan chairs chained up at the bottom of the outside stairs.

Me too; but assuming the furniture picture is not a spoof, the purchase of new furniture at this time is further proof, if any were needed, that PL has lost the plot. If I had a business struggling as badly as Pillings Lock, I'd make do with the existing furniture unless (1) someone wanted it so badly they offered me more than the cost of replacing it, or (2) it was so terrible that it was frightening customers away and I could expect to recoup the replacement cost quickly through an increase in trade. They have MUCH bigger problems that ought to be receiving management attention.

Such as what appropriate tunes the band should be playing at the "On the water" day in May. I suggest:

As I said they still have the old auction house tat, which apparently has collapsed on a couple of people just recently.

I thought the café was supposed to be PL's pride and joy? You'd think in that case he would have originally kitted it out with chairs good enough not to collapse under someone a few years later. A well made chair can withstand decades or even centuries of use.

I'm sitting on a chair I bought for £20 from a junkshop in 2008 and it's fine. Admittedly another identical one I bought with it did go wobbly, but I mended that down the shed and it's now fine too. That's the trouble with the economy nowadays I reckon, there's not enough people tinkering around in their garden sheds. These youngsters blah blah blah...

For those who moor there its either:

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place by The Animals

Or

Stuck in the Middle With You by Steeler's Wheel

This months Tillergraph Page 4

The former operators of Pillings Lock Marina, whose company went into liquidation owing £180,000 in network access fees to the Canal & River Trust,
have said that they expect that a new company will be able to sign a new agreement with CRT, staving off the Trust’s threat to dam off the marina.
Marina managing director Paul
Lillie has passed on a message from solicitors, announcing that they have been instructed to press ahead with the transfer to “your new company”,
named as ‘No 750 Leicester Ltd’, with the legal transfer due by 21 March. This is well before the 14 April CRT deadline for blocking the entrance. Mr Lillie
said he hoped that the transfer would assure CRT “there are best intentions to formulate an agreement for the future”

Sorry, the share from Google drive was working.... I've added it to photos, and made it public... Hopefully that will help.... If not, I'll upload to some other service if anyone want to view the horror!

Yes please....lets see

It's not a "new" fitout, the café has been full of old tat for months, all sourced from various furniture auctions etc. Quite an original look, you might say.......

Originally the cafe/bistro/restaurant/bar had nice Italian style furniture but i reckon due to a restaurant critic acting on behalf of a "living " magazine said due to the long waiting the seats became uncomfortable..So i guess in the managements eye they visited the auction rooms for a "homely look".

I once worked for a childrens hospice charity collecting furniture to re sell..We actually rejected stuff like that..