take care, turn your stove vents down. North

matty40s

Featured Posts

Scotland has just about shut down, rail completely closed, Forth Bridge and many roads as well. Glasgow station evacuated.

Severe flood warnings all down the East Coast from Northumberland to Kent - most in the Anglian Region London Barrier closed.

Just spoken to a friend who lives on a boat in Sandwich Marina (Kent) on the Stour (I think).

Breezy but no problem at the moment - it's later when the tide comes in that there may be a problem.

Having stayed with them the tide normally flows in and out a quite a rate.

Just looked at Sandwich Marina website - someone with a sense of humour detailing their facilities........

http://www.sandwichmarina.co.uk/facilities/

• Greenie 1

Is Macclesfield far enough North to be under threat? I'm not sure if I'm in the North or the Midlands - I think the latter but the local news channel and weather reports tell me we're in the North.

No need to worry in Macclesfield. I have read in the past that when the polar ice caps melt and East Anglia disappears, Macclesfield will be one of the few places where you can keep your head above water!

As I write (1045) the wind is building and it begins to look a bit fierce out there. Time to hunker down methinks and sympathise with those folk already suffering from the effects of this storm. On a good note, SWMBO has declared that we will not be doing any Christmas shopping today....now, where have I put my book?

We're boating on the lower Macc, just approaching Congleton. It's blowing a bit of a whoolie & the wind has a bite to it. Looks like working our way up Bosley Locks this afternoon should be interesting ;-). And yes Ang, Macc is in the Norf ;-)

Cheers, Brian

post-7292-0-38214600-1386198095.gif

I know some of you take the piss, but this bugger, linked to lunar high tides, is really going to be no joke for a LOT of people.

Coo. That look like an old Met Office fax like we sued to get in the 70's

N

Just spoken to a friend who lives on a boat in Sandwich Marina (Kent) on the Stour (I think).

Breezy but no problem at the moment - it's later when the tide comes in that there may be a problem.

Having stayed with them the tide normally flows in and out a quite a rate.

Just looked at Sandwich Marina website - someone with a sense of humour detailing their facilities........

http://www.sandwichmarina.co.uk/facilities/

Very off topic but I wish I could give you a greenie.

Twasnt so windy last night here on my part of the Nene just bitterly cold.The wind suddenly started to pick up around teatime. Around 5.15am moi was woken by my clothes rail which is next to my bed,falling on me ..well you have never seen a human move so ruddy fast, recon moi was faster than Us a in Bolt !!!! Its been gradually gathering in strength all morning and the river is turning into gentle waves, but its quite noisy and was a minx to cycle in. Otherwise its dry and sunny with smokey grey clouds. Stay safe everyone.

The wind is whistling through our partially open windows and I'm getting real concerned. George the dog is looking up at me with the look in his eyes that say "are we going to be okay?"

Methinks it's now the time to evacuate to the pub, for safety, as it is a much more substantial building than that of our humble abode.

I may report back later if I'm able...............

As a footnote..unrelated. When smoking was allowed in pubs the wife could always tell where I'd been. I got earache.

Yippee! Smoking banned.

However, now I've grown up a bit, after a couple or more of ales she's knows where I've been after a little session of interrogation.

I get earache. You just can't win.

Coo. That look like an old Met Office fax like we sued to get in the 70's

N

Very off topic but I wish I could give you a greenie.

I agree. Wonderful map just like I used to see on telly as a child. I remember our geography teacher at skool teaching us all about how to read weather maps like that. Thank you Mr Bamford!

MtB

Edit to add, thank you Matty too.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

And yes Ang, Macc is in the Norf ;-)

Cheers, Brian

And I though Macclesfield was down south, well a long way south of Teesside anyway.

There is a continuous bluster in the air accompanied by occasional heavy showers on Teesside. The recycling people are supposed to be collecting today, but most of the cardboard, plastic bottles and tin cans have been liberally redistributed around the street.

The Dee estuary is overtopping, roads closed and evacuations taking place.

Deeside Flood Warning & Weather Live Updates
By Jonathan on December 5, 2013

#FLOODAWARE

LIVE UPDATES:

Properties at risk in the Chester area including Chester retail park, Greyhound retail park, Chester Way employment park, Sealand Industrial Estate, Sewage Works, properties off Sealand Road and New Crane Street to Watergate Square and Roodee Racecourse.

Ho Hum. I am not on my boat at the moment because I am having my house roof replaced…. And the family cottage in Suffolk is forecast to be under 2 feet of water on Friday.

Never mind, I am uplifted and enthralled by the Chancellor's Autumn Statement - Not.