take care, turn your stove vents down. North

matty40s

Featured Posts

Watch out, overnight a vicious low is developing that will cross North Scotland and move down the North Sea.

Winds wil generally be westerly switching north and affect Scotland and Northern/eastern England.

Coastal Flooding is a real risk due to the high tides along with low pressure and high winds down the East Coast.

luckily for us, the worst will be felt elsewhere in Europe. Holland will shut the new flood gates for the first time and Northern Germany has put all emergency services on high alert,

Obviously, not an issue to the media seeing as London not affected.

Watch out, overnight a vicious low is developing that will cross North Scotland and move down the North Sea.

Winds wil generally be westerly switching north and affect Scotland and Northern/eastern England.

Coastal Flooding is a real risk due to the high tides along with low pressure and high winds down the East Coast.

luckily for us, the worst will be felt elsewhere in Europe. Holland will shut the new flood gates for the first time and Northern Germany has put all emergency services on high alert,

Obviously, not an issue to the media seeing as London not affected.

Yes but what about Thrupp? The media always ignores Thrupp too, as have YOU!

MtB

Is Macclesfield far enough North to be under threat? I'm not sure if I'm in the North or the Midlands - I think the latter but the local news channel and weather reports tell me we're in the North.

it will burn your fuel quick!!

I mentioned this as the midlands is no wind at the moment,and people might go to bed with vents wide open to keep warm, the winds will pick up very quickly overnight.

So Thrupp will ok, right?

MtB

You mean there is no media outside London? That's not been my experience since moving out of London.

Tbf, when the last storms were due to hit London, it was all over the News days upto the event. Don't think I've seen anything on the main News warning of this one.

Not the News I've been watching anyway.

I know some of you take the piss, but this bugger, linked to lunar high tides, is really going to be no joke for a LOT of people.

Lunar high tides, eh?

Whatever next?

Where I come from, we have lunar high tides twice a day, but I 'spect you Northerners might not be able to afford such luxuries.

BTW, MTB will be interested to learn that the Environment Agency spokesman on stormy matters is a Mr Dave Throup. He is twittering away madly at the moment, anxious not to miss his 15 minutes of fame.