sad but positive.

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

sorry to hear luctor, wtf at my text?

I've had a pain in the ass few years, glad I've actually moved from cornwall now, hopefully I can get things on track

cause I wasn't getting any help from anyone else.

hope you stick around and take it easy ;)

Re boot. May you re boot and be happy. It takes time, guts, toil, tears and laughter, but may you enjoy it, revel in it, roll in it and find your dreams. Live it, live it to the full!

Edited by Bones

Hi Lucky

Some phases of life are inevitably short lived, even though they seem exciting and "the right thing" at the time. I should know, I've done it a couple of times. Just because they are short lived doesn't mean that they were the wrong decision, and rule 1 is to never regret anything you did with your life (well, provided you didn't hurt any small animals etc).

Clearly this change is the right thing to do and no loss of self respect because the previous phase is over. At least you are talking about another boat! Is there any reason not to continue to participate on CWDF? I for one would miss your super-grumpiness if you ceased.

And lets face it, selling ice cream from a boat was always going to be difficult.

Best of luck with your next phase.

Sorry that things didn't work out for you and Heart of Gold.

Reboot might be a good name for your repacement boat.

And as others have said, stick around, we need you in the Unstable Bar! I'm a hirer not an owner and I feel more than welcome here.

Alyson

Edited by Dyertribe

Thanks everybody.

I'll stick around, this place is addictive (don't you know it.. Lol). And despite the arguing, bickering, and name calling, you're a good lot. Closest to biking that I know of, but without the violence.

A powerfull O.P.

Glad to hear you won't vanish. Good luck & best wishes with the re-build & hopefully meet you on the water some time.

Best wishes to you in whatever direction life takes you, we have also been through the mill and back, and after 4 years getting our life back on track only to be hit with my son's cancer, life is mean,kind,cruel,great up and down. Life is not fair and always asking 'why me' but it is sent to try us, so chin up and look forward.

We never did have that beer at the 'shoes!

Keep posting here. Those without a boat but a dream of a boat in the future post so much, but those who have lived on a boat and had to stop just don't post anymore Why?

Heart of Gold, and making a living as a roving trader, was a very ambitious project.

I guess you have to put the kids and life first etc, but they do grow up very quickly. It might all be a lot easier in just a few years, Save as much money as you can, get a boat that needs just a little less work, and do it all again. Or get a cosy boat and a project boat!

There are many routes to a life on the cut, but I wish I had done it 25 years sooner, at least you tried.

............Dave

• Greenie 1

Well, my next boat won't be on the canal. The plan is to buy a motor sailer, and spend some time in a coastal harbour/marina. I look forward to the fact that I don't have to move 'for the sake of it', but also that if I want to move, i will have all of the Bristol Channel to play with. And beyond when on holiday.

Having said that, I would like to get back on the canal, and do as Cotswoldsman or Dr Bradley, properly travel the system. But that is a dream for later in life.

I remember you working on your boat at Stone 3 years ago. You don't remember me but I moored up returning a hire boat next to you (cocked up the mooring manoeuvre) and had a quick chat re your upcoming venture on the K+A before you disappeared into the boat and carried on working. Good luck - your posts are always worth reading! so keep on here :)