Hatton

NB Lola

Featured Posts

Our record is 2:25 just the two of us and no delays, but one of us is a marathon runner and likes to scamper ahead and back again etc. The paddles are a little tiring but the locks fill and empty very fast if you wind beyond the pain barrier!

Going up tomorrow from about 9:30am from Warwick

What are your bets on how long it will take?

We hope to double up

RLWP and I did it bottom to top in something over two hours on our trip to the Stourbridge Arm Rally last year.

I can't remember exactly how long it was but maybe Richard can.

Best time I have done is locking Alnwick down in 1 hour 56 minutes. Mind you it was heaving down with rain all the way so there was no-one to get in the way and there were 5 of us.

Doubling up I reckon you should do it in three hours easy

So many say boating is about taking it easy, yet when it comes to a flight of locks everybody talks about how quickly they have passed through. I've done it in 8 hrs, going down single handed, didn't see another boat all day and every lock was empty. Hard work but enjoyable. Suspect you will be quicker than that tomorrow.

Best time I have done is locking Alnwick down in 1 hour 56 minutes. Mind you it was heaving down with rain all the way so there was no-one to get in the way and there were 5 of us.

How odd! I can remember doing it in exactly the same time, in exactly the same conditions ....... oh and exactly the same boat :lol:

In the 60's the normal time was 1hour 50 mins. that was with two people with a pair with 50 tons on board, we used to come down empty in 1hour 40 mins. They were the days, and not another boat in sight all day.

In the 60's the normal time was 1hour 50 mins. that was with two people with a pair with 50 tons on board, we used to come down empty in 1hour 40 mins. They were the days, and not another boat in sight all day.

Not wanting to start another gate debate but I expect you didn't close the gates in the 60's when you left a lock.

Remember, there's a pub at both ends for a reason! :cheers: and it hurts more the day after the day after... Than it does on the day after ;)

Not any more. There's a pub at the bottom and an up market gastronomic experience at the top.

Richard

RLWP and I did it bottom to top in something over two hours on our trip to the Stourbridge Arm Rally last year.

I can't remember exactly how long it was but maybe Richard can.

Doubling up I reckon you should do it in three hours easy

You should have put your hatton you might have caught a chill. :mellow:

Not any more. There's a pub at the bottom and an up market gastronomic experience at the top.

Richard

Well you can certainly get a nice bacon butty at the top

Around about 1h30min breasted up with a heavy arsed Josher (Gambia, or possibly not) and twelve motivated kids, only using one engine.

A well known boat builder will tell of bringing Plover & France down in 1h 15min, but that was using both engines so JP5 power as opposed to JP2 power.

Happy days.