Jump to content

Historic Boats for sale online


alan_fincher

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, magnetman said:

 

The counter had been rebuilt in a slightly displeasing way but to my mind a boat with original back cabin (if any of it is actually still there) would be very pleasant. Have not been up there for about 15 years but I remember the bloke he bought the boats from. Forgot the name but I've always been bad with names. 

 

 

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darrenroberts said:

I was moored opposite Lapwing a few months ago at city road basin in London. I saw it go backwards and forwards a few times with a few  volunteers but she basically just sits there, or so I’ve seen. I wasn’t aware it was for sale? Is it still/ has it been advertised? Or was this a few years ago? 

Malcolm must have sold lapwing then as it was available not that long ago as I enquired about it, but was too much for me. I assume your talking about the fmc lapwing that was converted into a trip boat/bar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Malcolm must have sold lapwing then as it was available not that long ago as I enquired about it, but was too much for me. I assume your talking about the fmc lapwing that was converted into a trip boat/bar 

Yeh that’s the one, strange I’ll cycle down the cut tomorrow to see if it’s still there as iam just the other side of the tunnel. do you have a contact for Malcolm? And if you don’t mind me asking what was he asking for her when u  enquired? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Yeh that’s the one, strange I’ll cycle down the cut tomorrow to see if it’s still there as iam just the other side of the tunnel. do you have a contact for Malcolm? And if you don’t mind me asking what was he asking for her when u  enquired? 

Malcolm is on here, bargeboy (think that's correct) if not he's on Facebook which is how I normally talk to him. Not sure of price to be exact but was in the mid to high 20s I think it was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Malcolm is on here, bargeboy (think that's correct) if not he's on Facebook which is how I normally talk to him. Not sure of price to be exact but was in the mid to high 20s I think it was

That’s great Brilliant. Thanks again to all for your advice and leads. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Malcolm is on here, bargeboy (think that's correct) if not he's on Facebook which is how I normally talk to him. Not sure of price to be exact but was in the mid to high 20s I think it was

A few for sale https://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/boats-for-sale/brokerage/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice job on the stern. The top tubbing band is a bit thin on the counter compared with the very generous originals on these boats. 

 

Not sure about the 3 pot John Deere engine but you could do worse I suppose. 

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That 46ft Les Allen "Hinksford" is a nice boat. If I was in the market for a narrow boat I would be well tempted by that. Nice size as well for doing lots of boating in without getting too tired. Noisy engine though is a bit of a nuisance but bullet proof. 

Edited by magnetman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Nice job on the stern. The top tubbing band is a bit thin on the counter compared with the very generous originals on these boats. 

 

Not sure about the 3 pot John Deere engine but you could do worse I suppose. 

Last time I was on LITTLE ACORN it was fitted with a Ruston Hornsby, and I think it also had 3 cylinders :captain:

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, magnetman said:

Does it blow smoke rings?

 

Or am I thinking of the BD3. 

The BD3, I think, is the Beta marinised Ford dexter tractor engine but de-rated. There were other companies which did a much better job of marinising it and getting more power out of it I believe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Chris-B said:

Both ends put back together mate ....to keep it right ... you only had to ask ...

 

 

She looked awesome moored at Pyrford. Shame you are selling. "Nellie the elephant" 3LW. :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stagedamager said:

The BD3, I think, is the Beta marinised Ford dexter tractor engine but de-rated. There were other companies which did a much better job of marinising it and getting more power out of it I believe

At low revs mine will  sometimes puff rings, I don't know how different they are to the CRK3, I have the Lister manual with mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/06/2020 at 18:34, matty40s said:

Ah, his boats are special self steering boats too....?

Jules has added several boats to the fleet in the past few years, good business to be had with the increased liveaboard population. Never going to be a millionaire, but hey ho.

Do you have a link to the self steering boat please? I remember seeing the video some years ago. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Edited by monkeyhanger
Added info.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.