Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

But I had already stated the identity of this boat in post 1760 of this thread when I also posted the initial link to the Apollo Duck advert. It looks more and more like I am wasting my time, or not believed :banghead:

:captain:

You are always believed and definitely not wasting your time Pete

Richard

Circus Field.

We'll be in the adjacent dry dock next week.

Gawd 'elp my memory! smile.png

Great dock beats the poly tunnels!

ETA perhaps the Castle came from the boat logo "Castle Wharf" ;)

Edited by mark99

.... and owned by another former owner of Badsey and Barnes!

No prizes for a lot of detail though - doesn't even say what engine - I seem to recall maybe an Armstrong, but may be imagining that?

Also some nagging feeling is telling me it maybe has a wooden cabin, rtaher than steel, though I may be wrong.

And Otter.

Armstrong AS3, Parsons 'box. 59ft. Wooden cabin. Massive headroom - 6ft 9" plus. Lovely beams and boards.

Well, according to a Facebook post this morning, you can now buy rather more of "Ling" should you wish to.......

£55K, though!

Don't know if it is more formally advertised anywhere?

Well, according to a Facebook post this morning, you can now buy rather more of "Ling" should you wish to.......

£55K, though!

Don't know if it is more formally advertised anywhere?

I would not take anything too seriously this morning. I will not amend my records just yet captain.gif

I would not take anything too seriously this morning. I will not amend my records just yet captain.gif

Yes I think that is a fair precaution to take.

That said, I would put the possibility that it is actually serious at (say) 50:50. (Maybe!).

The pontoon's are ex dockyard spacers, to keep the hull side away from the not so vertical dock walls.Wood Hall & Heward have a pair which we can make into a expanding work platform. Jim Macdonald had a pair which he used to make his floating wet dock at Maple Lodge. WHH now own this.

"The original back cabin and engine room still exists"

But who wants a back cabin in the bow of their boat??

Im sceptical it will be an 'original' back cabin. Wasnt that bit chopped off and welded onto the front of another boat? ;-)

Quite obviously the cabin is NOT the butty's cabin from pre-british waterways chop in 1959 and therefore not now in the fore-end of the boat. The pictures show that clearly and yes she originally never had an engine 'ole from new.

There is no confusion with 1959 as when she was cut in half and put to service in the BW hire fleet she was shorter and had a wooden cruiser cabin as was the style of the day.

The wording has been changed on the advert as it obviously is causing a great deal of confusion. So just to clear the 'original cabin' situation up. The boat 'INDUS TOO' as it is constructed today (Not butty 'INDUS') which was in a carrying condition and did a great deal of carrying, contract work & towpath works around London as well as coal diesel etc for a number of years -- still has her original cabin and engine room intact! along with the added steel conversion.

Yes - IIRC they are the ones that formed the paint dock at Norton Canes in the 70s/80s

And still do today!! Quite historic pieces in their own right, pity there isn't the "Grafton" to go with them!

Yes - IIRC they are the ones that formed the paint dock at Norton Canes in the 70s/80s

I think Malcolm sold the two in my pics above a couple of years ago. Not sure where they went (did you buy them?).

That's a lovely boat. I see it regularly around Brewood, it's moored at Gailey at the moment. I almost bought it before Satellite but it was over my budget at the time. Interestingly, it seems to be on the market for less than it was when I looked in 2004/5.