The freeze has started

Flocal

Featured Posts

Landlocked in Lincoln, down to -5 last night . Quite a heavy frost this morning. Sun has melted the frost in places, but at the moment the temperature out of the sun is -1. Snow is forecast through the evening into the night, turning briefly to sleet, followed by more snow. If that comes to pass, it will make for... interesting driving conditions tomorrow.

-9 here earlier on on the Stort.Am fast in the ice now,all is lost . . . - - - . . .

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how thick the ice has to be in the Cowroast Lagoon before our trapped boats are crushed like the Endurance?

unsure.gif

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how thick the ice has to be in the Cowroast Lagoon before our trapped boats are crushed like the Endurance?

unsure.gif

I'd say about half inch but it has been cracked this morning by BW fetching a flat with hoist from the closed New Ground Bridge. They are passing you as I write so you are more likely to be crushed by "Wendover" rather than Endurance. Don't know why this was done today when the ice was cracked yesterday to free BSP (assisted by the kindly Alan Fincher who gets my vote for that selfless act alone)

Edited by beardshave

We're only just down the road from you in Staines and the marina was iced right over this morning and still not melted. I'm quite glad I haven't got a thermometer!

I had -4.5C on my outside thermometer at 8.40 this morning in Old Windsor. Heavy snow prediced for tonight.

Started snowing in Wakey about 1pm - meant I had to stop procrastinating and actually fetch some wood from the local magic pile. Now I'm back inside and settled with a warm stove I'm having second thoughts about the pub for the rugby later.

Damn this weather for playing havoc with my drinking habits.

gosh that looks impressive....

now it's a mix of rain, hail and tiny little white fluffy bits...lovely! :wacko:

It started here in South Staffs at about 1.40 and doesn't look like stopping anytime soon YIPEEEEE! Apologies to those on board tho' :P

on board and hoping for snow so can't get to work on mon...but it's not happening....not fair!!

Weather changing rapidly here now in the NE - was brilliant blue sky's and sunshine an hour or so ago - wind is building and clouds descending now - set for some snow this evening and tonight it seems.....

The Government has just given out a fresh warning and advice due to the worsening weather conditions.
People travelling should take extra clothing, s shovel, food for 24 hours, water, some rock salt, a sleeping bag if travelling.
I looked a right #### getting on the train just now.

Edited by DHutch

The Government has just given out a fresh warning and advice due to the worsening weather conditions.

People travelling should take extra clothing, s shovel, food for 24 hours, water, some rock salt, a sleeping bag if travelling.

I looked a right twat getting on the train just now.

off camping matty?