The freeze has started

Flocal

Featured Posts

Ditto, i filled up two weeks ago, still have plenty but would of liked a full tank. Looks like its weashing up once a week and a dip in the bowl for body scrubs until it thaws ;)

I also have loads of wood to get to boat which was planned for weekend but may have to wait

Lets not get carried away. We have had a night or two of sub zero temperatures that hardly makes for a big freeze. The daytime temperatures are above freezing so it isnt even worth calling a "freeze".

We didnt even have a frost last night oop ere in the frozen north. Tis plus 4 today but I am on the waterpoint, I go usualy twice a week this time of year to keep topped up, tis too late if we have a freeze to then decide to go for water :cheers:

Wind's picked up a bit here on the Lincolnshire coast, and it feels like it's straight from Siberia. The temperature is a few degrees above freezing, but the wind chill makes it feel a few degrees below.........and the dog wants to go out!

If Candlemas Day is clear and bright, / winter will have another bite.

If Candlemas Day brings cloud and rain, / winter is gone and will not come again.

Firesprite

In the damp Fens

Candlemas is in two days' time, on February 2nd. We can but hope.

Mike

In the nippy and rather raw Fens.

I've just checked the max/min thermomajig here in Lincoln-ish (hanging in the middle of the garden, on the washing line). It was reset at about this time last night, and since then it has recorded a minimum temperature of -2 and a maximum of +1. There was a frost this morning, but it has all gone by about 10.30. However, the water butt is frozen and hasn't un-frozen today that I've noticed. According to Aunty Beeb, we can expect more of the same tonight, but tomorrow should be a degree or two warmer. We'll see.

Wind's picked up a bit here on the Lincolnshire coast, and it feels like it's straight from Siberia. The temperature is a few degrees above freezing, but the wind chill makes it feel a few degrees below.........and the dog wants to go out!

Yep - when the winds in the east there's nothing to stop it between here and the Urals - that's why it cuts right through you

The Fire brigade pump water on to the playing fields to make an ice rink http://www.112nederland.nl/Gelderland/nieuws/17279/brandweer-bereid-ijspret-voor.html

Now the kids can play http://www.zideo.nl/zideomediaplayer.php?playzideo=6c4957586e6c7872&zideo=6b3447616d673d3d&config= sorry about the adverts at the start