The freeze has started

Flocal

Featured Posts

Second morning of waking up to ice on the Gloucester Sharpness this morning it's totally iced over. I'm sure it took more cold days last year to get to that state.

Could really do with going for water sometime soon but we do have a plastic drum to fill up if needed.

I thought the fire had gone out this morning it was so cold on the boat, but no still going just that freezing cold that it felt like it had gone out.

The thermometer outside our house in the Northamptonshire uplands was down to -11 degrees Centigrade this morning - yet it all looks very dry and frost free - in other words there is hardly any humidity and these are the circumstances that can produce deceptively dangerously cold temperatures. We are moving back aboard the boat today where we have plenty of Dusty's Anthracite to keep us toasty.

Just south of Lincoln (and landlocked), the dusting of snow has melted where it has been exposed to sunlight, but remains unmelted everywhere else. The water butt thawed slightly this morning in the sun, but back in the shade it has frozen again. I would guess that there is a good 2cm of ice on the top. The thermometer, which was in the sun this morning, reports a max of +1, and a min last night of -4. Current temperature out of the sun is 0.

Depending on which forecast one looks at, tonight will be anything from -2 to -5, and either clear, cloudy, or snowing. I think this is the meteorological equivalent of the Gallic shrug.

I'd guess last night was the coldest of the year so far in tropical Berkshire.Still very low humidity.If there's any precipitation today one of two things will happen-a light dusting of snow or worst case rain falling and freezing quickly on roads. Good weekend for some quality hibernation and keeping the fire going.

Watched the cloud bank that stretched from the south all the way north creeping across the irish sea yesterday 4 pm , the clouds cover is now way onto merseyside , no frost is visable on the coast so it looks like the warm air front is soon to meet the cold air and produce the snow .

I'd guess last night was the coldest of the year so far in tropical Berkshire.Still very low humidity.If there's any precipitation today one of two things will happen-a light dusting of snow or worst case rain falling and freezing quickly on roads. Good weekend for some quality hibernation and keeping the fire going.

I had -4.5C on my outside thermometer at 8.40 this morning in Old Windsor. Heavy snow prediced for tonight.