Boat Sunk.

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I watched it at twice standard speed. Didn't miss any of the content but the camera movement was nauseating!

Lol I did the same! 

I turned the sound down to escape the banality of the commentary and got on with something else while watching the computer screen out of one eye. Still made me feel like being sea-sick. Motion sickness, I think we call it nowadays...

51 minutes ago, MtB said:

Lol I did the same! 

I turned the sound down to escape the banality of the commentary and got on with something else while watching the computer screen out of one eye. Still made me feel like being sea-sick. Motion sickness, I think we call it nowadays...

Never go on a boat then....

7 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Hello Tony. You are not very subtle!

Subtlety was never his strong point.

He's actually apparently banned form posting on Thunderboat (and that is one hell of an achievement) but it may explain why he's rocked up here..

1 hour ago, MJG said:

Subtlety was never his strong point.

He's actually apparently banned form posting on Thunderboat (and that is one hell of an achievement) but it may explain why he's rocked up here..

I didn't know that was possible, I thought that was the reason it was set up, no moderation, say what you like, etc.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo47 said:

Proper editing does take time. Like Winston Churchill's reported apology to the House of Commons for being about to deliver a long speech because he hadn't had the time to write a short one. 

And I think he nicked the idea from Blaise Pascal:

“Please forgive the long letter; I didn’t have time to write a short one.”

Blaise Pascal

36 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I didn't know that was possible, I thought that was the reason it was set up, no moderation, say what you like, etc.

I get the impression that he was curtailed by pro boards the forum hosts not the member who runs the forum.

@kris88 may know the score. Or @nicknorman 

48 minutes ago, MJG said:

I get the impression that he was curtailed by pro boards the forum hosts not the member who runs the forum.

@kris88 may know the score. Or @nicknorman 

I got that impression as well. I am not so sure pro boards may not have received legal letters in relation to what he posted.

On 07/02/2024 at 16:55, ditchcrawler said:

There are still a few legal rules, I complained to the forum owners when he started ranting and raving, but that was a few years ago, maybe he's accumulat3d too many reports, he's probably got mental issues, maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a recent episode of Trucking Hell where one of Crouchs rescue rigs was used to tow a boat off the river bank were it had been stranded by flooding.

Two guys in a boat I presume RCR took the tow cable across the river.

It worked.

• 1 month later...

What happens re insurance in cases like this? If it was a car it'd be written off and scrapped and you'd get a pay out and sometimes the opportunity to buy it back and fix up yourself. Does this exist with boats?

Seems its not the owner making this video, is he fixing it for them, was it not fully insured? Or has he got it as scrap and fixing it up?

2 minutes ago, Andyaero said:

Seems its not the owner making this video, is he fixing it for them, was it not fully insured? Or has he got it as scrap and fixing it up?

As far as I can see he's just someone fairly local who makes boating videos, with no other connection to the boat or its owner.

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

As far as I can see he's just someone fairly local who makes boating videos, with no other connection to the boat or its owner.

It was his "please subscribe and I'll keep you up to date on its restoration" at the end of the video, which made me think he had a connection.

57 minutes ago, Andyaero said:

What happens re insurance in cases like this? If it was a car it'd be written off and scrapped and you'd get a pay out and sometimes the opportunity to buy it back and fix up yourself. Does this exist with boats?

Its all very odd - it looks like when it was recovered it was just left moored up - not secured or anything. I suspect minimal insurance but I'd be pleased to be proved wrong.

I may be wrong but I have a feeling I remember it being said that he didn't have insurance. I might be thinking about a different sinking though. 

Very sad to see the boat in such a state 

8 minutes ago, MtB said:

Being a river with a PRN, maybe there is no obligation to have insurance to get a rivers only registration. 

Just a guess, I don't know.

Not sure that I remember correctly but I think that above that bridge the river splits, the navigable channel is to the right and there is a channel/backwater off to the left with various boats moored, so it is quite possible that its not even CRT water.

9 hours ago, dmr said:

Not sure that I remember correctly but I think that above that bridge the river splits, the navigable channel is to the right and there is a channel/backwater off to the left with various boats moored, so it is quite possible that its not even CRT water.

The main navigation channel turns left into Barrow Deep Lock, the river Carrie's straight on west in a big loop past Quorn and returns to the navigation channel at Barrow boating sluices and wier.

It is all private riparisn owner operated mooring land, not CRT waters.

14 hours ago, Andyaero said:

It does, we have had a number of sinking and half were left with the shell to rebuild.