Jump to content

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, RichM said:

…Journey with Jono - though not sure what happened to him?

he sold his soul to Victron :D 

they gave him a job so he flogged the boat, shut down the channel, and rode his dog into the sunset

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

 

 

 

Oh well, once again I am in a minority of one, but not having a majority view does mot meant that the majority are correct (he said modestly!)

Just think though what a boring world it would be if we all liked the same thing.

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Athy said:

As for Wallace, as a presenter he makes a pretty good greengrocer, yes. 

And he should have stayed as one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

 

 

 

Oh well, once again I am in a minority of one, but not having a majority view does mot meant that the majority are correct (he said modestly!)

 

Two

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

I finally took up the challenge and watched their latest Vlog. Until now I never thought there could be anything worse than Gregg Wallace or  Mrs Brown's Boys, I was wrong. It was awful, not only was it less than informative, it was all about themselves, with half the footage showing them talking, and looking at each other, accompanied by a very poor attempt at humor.  If this is an example of "above average quality" vlogs, it confirms my original assessment of such presentations.

 

 

 If you wish to see the New Breed of middle class boaters/Vloggers check these New Vloggers out. These two come across as desperate to be on the Social Media Platform. Even have a weekly Pod Cast to tell the world of their experience of living in a Marina for a month, a shop for their merchandise (even though they have never been out yet or through a lock) and the obligatory Donations page (to pay for the running costs of their new car and residential Marina mooring)

 

https://www.lovelifetriumph.co.uk/

 

Never seen anyone who has just bought a boat wanting it so much (Not the boating life but Social Media acceptance) Total Pantomime performances and tragic that a couple of their age are trying so hard to be accepted by the other Media boaters. They must dream of being like “Foxesafloat” A sad reflection of what seams important to new boaters no matter what age.😔

Edited by PD1964
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

 If you wish to see the New Breed of middle class boaters/Vloggers check these New Vloggers out. These two come across as desperate to be on the Social Media Platform. Even have a weekly Pod Cast to tell the world of their experience of living in a Marina for a month, a shop for their merchandise (even though they have never been out yet or through a lock) and the obligatory Donations page (to pay for the running costs of their new car and residential Marina mooring)

 

https://www.lovelifetriumph.co.uk/

 

Never seen anyone who has just bought a boat wanting it so much (Not the boating life but Social Media acceptance) Total Pantomime performances and tragic that a couple of their age are trying so hard to be accepted by the other Media boaters. They must dream of being like “Foxesafloat” A sad reflection of what seams important to new boaters no matter what age.😔

For somebody who clearly holds vloggers and podcasters in such disdain you do seem to go to some considerable lengths to seek them out and view/listen to them.

 

Why not leave them to get on with their lives whilst you get on with yours?

 

You might be old enough to remember Mary Whitehouse who used to get all upset and angry about pornography on TV and in other media. 

 

The answer to her back then is the same as the answer to you.

 

Perhaps don't watch it?

Edited by The Happy Nomad
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

For somebody who clearly holds vloggers and podcasters in such disdain you do seem to go to some considerable lengths to seek them out and view/listen to them.

I think Disdain is going a bit over the top Martin, FYA I know a few high profile Vloggers who I talk to regular. 
 The Vloggers above are trying too hard to be Vloggers and like you know little about living on the canals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PD1964 said:

I think Disdain is going a bit over the top Martin, FYA I know a few high profile Vloggers who I talk to regular. 
 The Vloggers above are trying too hard to be Vloggers <snip> know little about living on the canals.

But it doesn't really matter, surely? There is no set criteria that one must or should fulfil to post a vlog, it is simply that, a video blog... - Some viewers who are new to boating may want to see vlogs from others who are also new to boating, perhaps they can relate moreso to their vlogs? Conversely, experienced boaters may not find vlogs posted by inexperienced boaters to be of interest and may look for content uploaded by likeminded individuals. Choice is a great thing imo. 

 

Horses for courses, as they say. Live and let live. 

Edited by RichM
  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PD1964 said:

I think Disdain is going a bit over the top Martin, FYA I know a few high profile Vloggers who I talk to regular. 
 The Vloggers above are trying too hard to be Vloggers and like you know little about living on the canals.

If you check the meaning of disdain I think you will find it was the perfect choice, amply demonstrated by your post above.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a point of discussion...... surely if these vloggers make money from "hits" on their videos, that surely classes as an income and as such I would like to.assume they would have a roving trader licence??? As this is becoming more popular I wonder if CRT will change their licence terms to include vloggers......

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

he sold his soul to Victron :D 

they gave him a job so he flogged the boat, shut down the channel, and rode his dog into the sunset

Rode his dog into the sunset  lol think thats a special channel me thinks 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, stagedamager said:

As a point of discussion...... surely if these vloggers make money from "hits" on their videos, that surely classes as an income and as such I would like to.assume they would have a roving trader licence??? As this is becoming more popular I wonder if CRT will change their licence terms to include vloggers......

This came up in another thread about vlogging and it is possible to interpret the current business licence conditions in that way. Its not explicit though, so I suspect when CRT catch on they will make it so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

This came up in another thread about vlogging and it is possible to interpret the current business licence conditions in that way. Its not explicit though, so I suspect when CRT catch on they will make it so.

I dont know the details of the trader licence with CRT but surely vloggers are not selling from their boat so no licence needed - they are in the class of working from home on a domestic insurance policy (such as computer work) so all covered?

Edited by robtheplod
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

I dont know the details of the trader licence with CRT but surely vloggers are not selling from their boat so no licence needed - they are in the class of working from home on a domestic insurance policy (such as computer work) so all covered?

That is how I personally interpret it yes. You can do things like draw up wills etc. and send stuff electronically, much like posting a video on you tube to me. Others may have a different view.

 

The wording of the licence is in this post.

 

 

Edited by The Happy Nomad
To add a link
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed some of the Vlogs are hard work and all have boring parts but the drone filming in some is excellent and well worth watching. Like TV, one always has the option of the ON/OFF button or fast forward.

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Just what I was thinking, a mole to give them twice as much publicity?

Yep, said as much on page 1...the cynic in me says somebody will get a free trip. 

Edited by Chagall
damnit! it wasn't me!
Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh if I had a vlog sufficiently popular for Amazon to be paying me to make it, I doubt I'd bother promoting in a forum that already knows about it, already knows about boating and seems to be disproportionately angry about the whole idea of people videoing themselves boating and putting it on the internet :D

 

now when I need subscribers six, seven and eight for my first series of How Not To Narrowboat things might be different...

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

tbh if I had a vlog sufficiently popular for Amazon to be paying me to make it, I doubt I'd bother promoting in a forum that already knows about it, already knows about boating and seems to be disproportionately angry about the whole idea of people videoing themselves boating and putting it on the internet :D

 

I'm considering setting out the begging bowl with the unique proposal that I won't make a canal vlog if enough people pay me.

 

I should make a fortune on here! :D

 

  • Greenie 2
  • Happy 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2021 at 09:34, jaime66 said:

After watch the foxes lads of YouTube and thinking how well made it is compared to whats on normal tv and hearing they have new boat built how much do you think they are making ??? not have a go at them if anything well done and hope they can carry on for make more shows .

It's not as much as Boris, but more than the man who sweeps the towpath. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

 

I'm considering setting out the begging bowl with the unique proposal that I won't make a canal vlog if enough people pay me.

 

I should make a fortune on here! :D

 

I have known people to make that offer about singing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.