Jump to content

Featured Posts

After watch the foxes lads of YouTube and thinking how well made it is compared to whats on normal tv and hearing they have new boat built how much do you think they are making ??? not have a go at them if anything well done and hope they can carry on for make more shows .

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jaime66 said:

After watch the foxes lads of YouTube and thinking how well made it is compared to whats on normal tv and hearing they have new boat built how much do you think they are making ??? not have a go at them if anything well done and hope they can carry on for make more shows .

Pretty well impossible to gauge how much they make and I personally am not particularly interested. Its between them and HMRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally find all blogs (Vlogs? whatever that means) boring and mainly about the person making the film rather than the subject, so I will not be watching this one.

  • Greenie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I generally find all blogs (Vlogs? whatever that means) boring and mainly about the person making the film rather than the subject, so I will not be watching this one.

Vlog. - Is used to describe a blog but put out as a video. (Even this dinosaur knew that one).

 

The Foxes rarely talk about them selves other than Colin does occasionally talk about his mental health issues, but it's rare that he does.

 

Their videos are actually above average in quality and presentation because of Colin's background in media. The videos do contain quite a lot of interesting historical stuff combined with an affable presentation style they make an interesting 20 to 25 minutes watch when they release on Friday.

 

But for old fossils* that know everything there is to know about the waterways yes they are probably best skipped over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*For the avoidance of doubt the term old fossils was used in a humorous context.

  • Greenie 2
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Vlog. - Is used to describe a blog but put out as a video. (Even this dinosaur knew that one).

 

The Foxes rarely talk about them selves other than Colin does occasionally talk about his mental health issues, but it's rare that he does.

 

Their videos are actually above average in quality and presentation because of Colin's background in media. The videos do contain quite a lot of interesting historical stuff combined with an affable presentation style they make an interesting 20 to 25 minutes watch when they release on Friday.

 

But for old fossils* that know everything there is to know about the waterways yes they are probably best skipped over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*For the avoidance of doubt the term old fossils was used in a humorous context.

I assume that the old fossils comment is a thinly concealed swipe at myself as you quoted my post.  but to suggest that I come into the catagory of "knowing everything" is a bit of an exageration.

 

 

Edited by David Schweizer
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

I assume that the old fossils comment is a thinly concealed swipe at myself as you quoted my post.  but to suggest that I come into the catagory of "knowing everything" is a bit of an exageration.

If the cap fits feel free to wear it, however I consider myself to be a a bit of a fossil myself.

 

As I pointed out it was intended to be humorous.

 

 

humour.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Schweizer said:

I finally took up the challenge and watched their latest Vlog. Until now I never thought there could be anything worse than Gregg Wallace or  Mrs Brown's Boys, I was wrong. It was awful not only was it less than informative, it was all about themselves, with half the footage showing them talking, and looking at each other, accompanied by a very poor attempt at humor.  If this is an example of "above average quality" vlogs, it confirms my original assessment of such presentations.

 

 

I'm sure they will be gutted at your appraisal....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

 I never thought there could be anything worse than Gregg Wallace or  Mrs Brown's Boys,

AArrgghh! One of us must have a sense-of-humour bypass. I hope it isn't me.

As for Wallace, as a presenter he makes a pretty good greengrocer, yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, Athy said:
1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

I never thought there could be anything worse than Gregg Wallace or  Mrs Brown's Boys,

 

AArrgghh! One of us must have a sense-of-humour bypass. I hope it isn't me.

As for Wallace, as a presenter he makes a pretty good greengrocer, yes. 

I hope that I have misunderstood your post, please do not tell me you think Mrs.Brown's Boys is funny.

 

 

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

 

I hope that I have misunderstood your post, please do not tell me you think Mrs.Brown's Boys is funny.

 

 

I hope that you're not serious.

It's utterly hilarious. We both love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I do.

I do too, not all of it but there are the occasional laugh out loud lines. You do have to say to yourself " I need to dial down the snobbery to watch this" but actually the rapport between the cast and the carefully choreographed in show ad-libs are very funny! 

 

 

Edited by Chagall
'omg' is such a trashy line!
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like watching vlogs, they give me a chance to "see" life on the waterways, which I cannot easily do now I sold my boat. CWDF is great for what it is but doesn't paint a picture like the vlogs do. That said, many of them have the camera pointing at themselves throughout 90% of the video. Those are best avoided. Foxes afloat do a great job imho though not quite on a par with Journey with Jono - though not sure what happened to him?

Edited by RichM
  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Athy said:

I hope that you're not serious.

It's utterly hilarious. We both love it.

 

52 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

The improvisation that O'Carroll indulges in, completely wrong footing his fellow cast members is particularly funny.

 

36 minutes ago, Chagall said:

I do too, not all of it but there are the occasional laugh out loud lines. You do have to say to yourself " I need to dial down the snobbery to watch this" but actually the rapport between the cast and the carefully choreographed in show ad-libs are very funny! 

 

 

 

Oh well, once again I am in a minority of one, but not having a majority view does mot meant that the majority are correct (he said modestly!)

  • Greenie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.