Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

58 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Or Richard of York gained battles In vain.

The resistor colour code had one as well but it's a bit un pc so I won't post it.

I cant remember the one I knew, it was a long time ago. I remember the first was black possibly followed by boys

10 hours ago, Athy said:

Plows if you're American!

Words which include "ough" must be a minefield for people learning English as a foreign language. There are at least eight ways of pronouncing those letters.

I know I am a bit late on this one. I studied at Loughborough University and at one point presented at a conference in the US. I got introduced as

.... gained his Masters degree from Lowbrow University in England ....

and stood there in front of 400+ people trying not to crack up.

Next time I presented I spelled it phonetically for the session chairman.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PeterF said:

I know I am a bit late on this one. I studied at Loughborough University and at one point presented at a conference in the US. I got introduced as

Isn’t it Loogabarooga to the Aussies? :D 

19 hours ago, PeterF said:

Funny: I'm sure they have burrahs in the US spelt exactly like the borough at the end of Loughborough and Scarborough (but not Middlesbrough).

Maybe the Muricans aren't as clever as they claim.

18 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

Funny: I'm sure they have burrahs in the US spelt exactly like the borough at the end of Loughborough and Scarborough (but not Middlesbrough).

New York has boroughs - see https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-boroughs-of-new-york-city.html for instance.

37 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

There's a suburb of Toronto spelt Scarborough, but pronounced more like "Scar borrow".

2 hours ago, George and Dragon said:

Over on another forum I post on, we call them "Merkins", as that's what it sounds like they call themselves... 

On 01/12/2021 at 18:05, ditchcrawler said:

image.png.c0249805929357d61366d829f50ea531.png

I've done my own research and refuse to wear a coat. If you want to learn more about the money making conspiracy by Big Coat to get us all scared in to wearing bits of cloth on our bodies, read this excellent article by News Thump. Wake up Sheeple!

The shivering and goosebumps are just the signs of my healthy immune system fighting off the cold.

• Greenie 2