Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

On 26/12/2021 at 17:56, Ex Brummie said:

Don't own up to that on a public forum, you'll have the testing nazis around in no time. On the other hand, don't you realise that you are missing out on the only freebie you can get off the Government.😅

Don't own up to that on a public forum, you'll have the testing nazis around in no time. On the other hand, don't you realise that you are missing out on the only freebie you can get off the Government.😅

How are they free. We all pay taxes, and national insurance of some type. This goes to the NHS

35 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Yesterday I ordered a test pack of 7 tests using the NHS online system

Doesn't that just get you a code which you need to show at a pharmacy that has some in stock?

41 minutes ago, MtB said:

Our town centre branch of Boots has a big hand-written sign up on the counter saying "Will you please fkuc off and stop asking for lateral flow tests, we don't have any".* It's been there for weeks. 

* Well the sign probably doesn't put it quite like that, but that is the gist of it. 

Our local pharmacies have variations on that sign too. Usually stuck to the front door so you don't have to mask up and go in.

39 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Yesterday I ordered a test pack of 7 tests using the NHS online system

I had to log on  several times before any were available. A Tory minister admitted it was so, they get a few in, they go, keep logging in till you strike lucky. 

What a way to manage a pandemic eh? 

To ask everyone to test test test, before you Party, without checking there would be enough tests, is incompetent. 

Some of us need tests for more important reasons too, eg day 6 and 7 isolation tests, or before seeing someone vulnerable, not just to attend parties by the Party Party. 

• Unimpressed 1

I really tend to agree that folks should still restrict their activities to a minimum, having parties is totally non essential. 

I am still being sensible, in that I do not mix with people who might carry the disease and who take no precautions. You have to assume that most people come in to this category or we would not have a pandemic. 

Being older, and high risk and having a scientific background, including disease control, I know that strict protocols are the only solution. It rests with every individual to take responsibility. This message is not being promoted by UK government. The leaders are not leading. 

Edited by LadyG

15 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I had to log on  several times before any were available. A Tory minister admitted it was so, they get a few in, they go, keep logging in till you strike lucky. 

What a way to manage a pandemic eh? 

To ask everyone to test test test, before you Party, without checking there would be enough tests, is incompetent. 

Some of us need tests for more important reasons too, eg day 6 and 7 isolation tests, or before seeing someone vulnerable, not just to attend parties by the Party Party. 

Forgive me for wondering, but it sounds to me as though you may have a few minor doubts lurking in the back of your mind about Boris's handling of the pandemic. 

May I extinguish such doubts by reminding you Matt Hancock repeatedly assured us "We are making the right decisions, at the right time, guided by the science". So that should be fine then. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

Forgive me for wondering, but it sounds to me as though you may have a few minor doubts lurking in the back of your mind about Boris's handling of the pandemic. 

May I extinguish such doubts by reminding you Matt Hancock repeatedly assured us "We are making the right decisions, at the right time, guided by the science". So that should be fine then. 

If we were making the right decisions the disease would be under control. 

The government are aware that the country, ie the general population won't take any more lockdowns, and the economy is struggling. 

Having parties at 10 Downing Street was the last straw for the middle aged, middle class. The other age, other class don't give a damn anyway. 

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The government are aware that the country, ie the general population won't take any more lockdowns, and the economy is struggling. 

Having parties at 10 Downing Street was the last straw for the middle aged, middle class, and the underage, other class don't give a damn anyway. 

There is always one who misses the extreme irony in some of my posts and takes them straight! 

:giggles:

• Horror 1

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Doesn't that just get you a code which you need to show at a pharmacy that has some in stock?

You can choose either a code for pharmacy collection, or alternatively a pack by post (usually for next day delivery, but can be 3-4 days at the moment due to postal delays). The postal option isn't always available, with batches being released at various times each day.  

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

Having parties at 10 Downing Street was the last straw for the middle aged, middle class. The other age, other class don't give a damn anyway. 

Not actually necessarily true - to be so assumes that there is a means of control to be found.

I suspect that today's ministerial statement implies that the gov is in effect now just going for herd immunity but are too afraid of a backlash to say so.

• Greenie 1

In the 1990's a work colleague once mentioned that one of his uncles was a very successful professional gambler who was good at spotting horse racing winners. Apparently he lived on his winnings, which were not taxable because they were not earned income. 

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo47 said:

In the 1990's a work colleague once mentioned that one of his uncles was a very successful professional gambler who was good at spotting horse racing winners. Apparently he lived on his winnings, which were not taxable because they were not earned income. 

but he would have bought something so paid Vat, drove a car so paid road tax and tax on petrol. Drunk beer so paid tax on alcohol. Etc etc

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Don't work

see above

20 hours ago, MtB said:

There is always one who misses the extreme irony in some of my posts and takes them straight! 

:giggles:

No, I was just playing Devil's Advocate, trouble is that there is a degree of truth in all politician speak. They always seem to believe they are right until exhaustively proven otherwise, or until their political masters (currently led by that master of prevarication, Boris) dictate otherwise. 

Edited by LadyG

On 01/01/2022 at 20:45, Ronaldo47 said:

Gambling winnings are not taxable because HMRC do not wish to get into the situation where gambling losses became allowable (against other income). Note that the USA takes a different view.