Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Mike C

Railings for Manchester Canals

Featured Posts

The pressure to have railings fitted along the Rochdale in Manchester has a lot of momentum. Somone has started a counter petition which needs a lot of support to be taken seriously. 

For those that think railings would be damaging and present their own risks and dangers here is the link. To a petition that aims to slow the momentum down a bit. 

https://chn.ge/2M4uUUn

Many thanks

Edited by Mike C

I fear this petition will do more harm than good.  Almost 96,000 people have signed the petition in favour of fitting railings. If only a couple of hundred sign the opposing petition, it will only serve to demonstrate how insignificant the opposition is!

I agree it's very unfortunate that it was started, but now it has been then the argument may be used that the contributors are direct users of the waterway whereas the pro-railings contributors are expressing a detached, less well informed view. 

We can but try. 

Well whatever.......I've signed it anyway.

96,000 people have signed- well fitting railing may affect mooring and as has been said access to the waterway. I wonder if the railing option has been caused by cyclists forcing pedestrians to the waters edge. Now railings for a cycle lane that could be an option.

5 hours ago, Heartland said:

96,000 people have signed- well fitting railing may affect mooring and as has been said access to the waterway. I wonder if the railing option has been caused by cyclists forcing pedestrians to the waters edge. Now railings for a cycle lane that could be an option.

Indeed, it should provide miles of points to easily attach mooring lines to. 😂

Also, the horse boating society need access for their tow ropes should they come into Manchester. They have enough problems as it is with infrastructure change.