Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Ray T

Waterworld TV series 1998

Featured Posts

Some interesting historical information here.

The fight to have the Stourbridge Rally including a short clip of Max Sinclair plus other notables.

Some early clips of Dudley Tunnel too.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 2

Well done Ray, I must have missed this first time around.

Looking at all those people stuffed onto old coal boats regardless of DTI regs, and no life jackets.

Little cruisers with petrol outboards no secondary escape hatches and portable stoves ..... all without a single Safety Certificate in sight.

One can only assume they must have died in their hundreds on that day. Or perhaps common sense and personal responsibility were more embraced?

• Greenie 1

About time the series,multiple, are screened again.

Always good to watch, through eyes with more experience and knowledge than last time.

Looking at all those people stuffed onto old coal boats regardless of DTI regs, and no life jackets.

Little cruisers with petrol outboards no secondary escape hatches and portable stoves ..... all without a single Safety Certificate in sight.

One can only assume they must have died in their hundreds on that day. Or perhaps common sense and personal responsibility were more embraced?

Naahhh....

Nobody ever gets injured in petrol fires on boats.

Intrinsically safe fuel:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-two-men-taken-to-hospital-after-fire-broke-out-on-boat-at-sawley-bridge-marina/story-29590290-detail/story.html

At least one made it back out as I am still here to testify.

Sadly most of the contributors are no longer around to share their memories and wisdom.

We owe a great deal to them and other enthusiasts of that time without which there would be considerably less of the current network available for cruising.

Steve

Love the way folk just got stuck in for the sake of it without seeking any long term reward. Pure enthusiasm and hope. So much would have been lost had those two elements been missing.

There was an episode that featured Buz Collins the singing lock keeper together with another friend of mine Andy Robinson accompanying him. Be interested in tracing that one

if anyone is interested in specific episodes of waterworld as part of my search for ash and oak for @stagedamager i have managed to find 37 episodes..

Have you got the one with Zac and Caro showing off Victoria? One of the earlier ones I think.

One episode featured Vesta as the owner then also owned a 1935 car same age as the boat

Off topic has anyone got Go with Noakes from 1978 titled "Around The Cheshire Ring"

some it was filmed digging the Droitwich

as a non NB owner, thoroughly enjoyed watching that, now don't laugh as It made me think of a question to ask, after seeing the bit on the sea otter..... what would be the difference or complexity of having your steel NB recovered in ali ? I suppose the initial outlay would be high, but if you own a boat for a long time, how would that compare to having to blacken it every x amount of years or even replating

Off topic has anyone got Go with Noakes from 1978 titled "Around The Cheshire Ring"

some it was filmed digging the Droitwich

But if I remember rightly the Droitwich was passed off as the Rochdale, although physical restoration of the Rochdale hadn't started then.

But if I remember rightly the Droitwich was passed off as the Rochdale, although physical restoration of the Rochdale hadn't started then.

Yes that was true, John Noakes didn't want to go in the mud but went, I think someone pushed him, also there was more than one shep, had to keep

a clean dog.

I did the boating when not filming, here we are at Ducie Street about to go down the Rochdale in Manchester, the Ship Canal was the best bit, and yes there were 2 steps.

Sheps

post-5842-0-97994900-1486114743_thumb.jpg

Used to watch these series with my late father, Zac on Victoria looked very similar to a guy i knew when was in my late teens..