Are we all sheep?

matty40s

Featured Posts

Whilst generally agreeing with Carlt on all his points made in this thread (which is in itself a miracle and even more so since I've given him a greenie) we are in danger of having a robust and interesting discussion and I would caution against this since it is clearly against the current forum rules. Just sayin...

Wrong, Tony and others did take away my enjoyment of this forum by their antagonistic attitude, their personal insults, and their general disregard for the rules Dan introduced.

I consider it is those people that have ruined this forum.

No. For me, it is you and your ilk that have done that. I find much to disagree with Tony, Loafer, and others hence departed. But I respect them and tune out the bits I disagree with. why can't you?

• Greenie 4

No. For me, it is you and your ilk that have done that. I find much to disagree with Tony, Loafer, and others hence departed. But I respect them and tune out the bits I disagree with. why can't you?

I agree that ignoring something is often the best way but why not practice the same with Grahams posts? If it is just a matter of ignoring what you don't like.

Please will someone just name the other site....I'd quite like to take a look & ive yet to be pointed in the right direction....,.surely not naming it shows that free speech is dead here....what are the powers that be worried about?

Cheers

Gareth

Cwch Taranau (you may have to translate)

Edited by churchward

Why not practice the same with Grahams posts? If it is just a matter of ignoring what you don't like.

It is not what Graham adds to the forum that I dislike. It is what has been taken away.

I, for one am more than happy to discuss the forum's demise with him or anyone else

Please will someone just name the other site....I'd quite like to take a look & ive yet to be pointed in the right direction....,.surely not naming it shows that free speech is dead here....what are the powers that be worried about?

If by the powers that be you mean Dan, he's not worried about anything.

When the other forum was started a lot of very unpleasant things were said there about him, so in high dudgeon he banned any naming of that place here. Fair enough in my opinion.

• Greenie 1

This forum is at it's best when someone asks a question, and a person with the answer responds.

Oh and it's quite good when it's just funny too.

Rog

PS For goodness sake don't anybody ask an electrickery question wink.png

What's electrickery?

Many thanks for the PM's and the replies on here. I really appreciate it.

Oh and if you take offence about what people say about you then I suggest you either need to man up or not go out anymore....surely we are all big enough to look after ourselves!....it's not primary school anymore!

Cheers

Gareth.

• Greenie 1

When the other forum was started a lot of very unpleasant things were said there about him, so in high dudgeon he banned any naming of that place here. Fair enough in my opinion.

There was of course the very strong suspicion that some of those things said were by members from here who joined with the sole purpose of causing exactly what turned out to be the outcome......an embargo on mentioning the other 'place'.

Of course it will never be proven unless the two admins. started comparing IP addresses. (I suspect hell will freeze over before that happens).

I thought you'd never visited?

There was of course the very strong suspicion that some of those things said were by members from here who joined with the sole purpose of causing exactly what turned out to be the outcome......an embargo on mentioning the other 'place'.

Of course it will never be proven unless the two admins. started comparing IP addresses. (I suspect hell will freeze over before that happens).

Indeed.

I have a pretty good idea who it was, innocent until proven guilty prevents me from naming them, that and a sense of perspective, but I will say I think it's someone with a prolific post count on here.

He protest too much would be a fitting clue.

• Greenie 1

Wrong, Tony and others did take away my enjoyment of this forum by their antagonistic attitude, their personal insults, and their general disregard for the rules Dan introduced.

I consider it is those people that have ruined this forum.

but if you find certain posters antagonistic annoying and you find they spoil your enjoyment of the forum why do you read and reply to their posts.Its just as easy to put them on ignore or to find another thread which does give you enjoyment .

• Greenie 2