Are we all sheep?

matty40s

Featured Posts

google thunderboat

Rog

I responded to this post a few minutes after it went up but my post was removed. Oh and I made no mention of names etc etc. Anyone care to tell me why my post was removed sometime later?

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

Not being 'fans' is not quite the same thing as Mr Dunkley's unreasoning and relentless hatred of them.

Yes Tony D and others do go over the top with CART knocking which is a tad boring but I know Tony and have talked many times with him and we have lost a bloke with quite simply far more knowledge of boats. boating and the river Trent for instance than any other poster I have come across on this forum which is a shame.

Tim

I responded to this post a few minutes after it went up but my post was removed. Oh and I made no mention of names etc etc. Anyone care to tell me why my post was removed sometime later?

Phil

I think cock-up with the site maintenance. I saw a load of new threads started by Tree Monkey that disappeared as well. If it was conspiracy why would 'that' post still be here?

JP

I think cock-up with the site maintenance. I saw a load of new threads started by Tree Monkey that disappeared as well. If it was conspiracy why would 'that' post still be here?

JP

I'm not surprised that Tree Monkey's post about scaffold Poles has been deleted it must have broken every rule 'in the book' - It was just an 'empty rant' and actually said nothing - maybe TM has also been removed.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I'm not surprised that Tree Monkey's post about scaffold Poles has been deleted it must have broken every rule 'in the book' - maybe TM has also been removed (it was pretty bad !!)

I didn't read them but I saw them in the new topics banner. As we haven't heard much from Tree Monkey lately I did wonder if his profile had been hi-jacked!

JP

I'm not surprised that Tree Monkey's post about scaffold Poles has been deleted it must have broken every rule 'in the book' - It was just an 'empty rant' and actually said nothing - maybe TM has also been removed.

I miss all the good stuff

I'm sorry what rant? I was asking for help getting some scaffold poles to my mooring

I agree the loss of Tony Dunkley (he has been 'banned') is a Bad Thing as he has a tremendous amount of knowledge about boating techniques and other historical information which was of value to the forum. I do know he was always ranting about CRT and that he can not reply to this thread unless he has a sock puppet. This comment applies to other banned members as well.

I did mention this ages ago in this thread :)

Maybe we should have a plebiscite to see if forum users want banned members to be allowed back. There would have to be an eligibility filter to remove peopke who only make one or two posts.

With the other site gaining some momentum I would guess a lot of people there would not want to return anyway so best to just keep an eye on both forums for information.

Typo

Edited by magnetman

JP

The first attempt at Broad Canals I posted disappeared. Shortly after that the site went as well. When normal service was resumed I just reposted.

Just a glitch, no conspiracy.

What you thought you wrote and what actually appeared are obviously two very different things.

What I wrote

Can anyone help? I need a couple of scaffold poles to mount a wind genny on my mooring.

Unfortunately I drive a micra and I am blowed if I can figure how to get a 10 ft pole back to the mooring.

So on the off chance anyone happens to have one or two and is passing grendon moorings?

Obviously for a suitable exchange of cash

A shot in the dark I know ;)

I see you are only quoting the 'good bit' - Afraid to quote the rest ?

But in fairness IF that line was the only bit that he missed it was hardly a big deal and unlikely to upset even the most timid of people surely?

Tim

What I wrote

Can anyone help? I need a couple of scaffold poles to mount a wind genny on my mooring.

Unfortunately I drive a micra and I am blowed if I can figure how to get a 10 ft pole back to the mooring.

So on the off chance anyone happens to have one or two and is passing grendon moorings?

Obviously for a suitable exchange of cash

A shot in the dark I know wink.png

You put it in the passenger seat, sticking out the back window with a rag on top and drive carefully.

Alternatively you put two old pillows on the roof and strap it down through the windows

Alternatively carry it on a pushbike.

You put it in the passenger seat, sticking out the back window with a rag on top and drive carefully.

Alternatively you put two old pillows on the roof and strap it down through the windows

Alternatively carry it on a pushbike.

ohmy.png A pushbike!!!!!.....Ban this poster!!

Tim

I may just start contributing again. I stopped because of:

Posts turning into arguments in no time

Members using posts to unfairly criticise beyond what I recognised as reasonable

Over zealous mods

Seems things are achangin again, fir the better I hope

Back on topic;

it seems to me that CWDF is where it wants to be, the Latest Posts are full of technical problems with a scattering of ethnically-cleansed history (Tony Dunkley could have contributed but says 'thanks Ray' anyway). No social issues, no general discussions (they call it politics), no controversy, no amusing spats between grownups.

The problem is a 'baby with the bathwater one'. There is now a couple of mechanical experts, a smattering of DIY knowledge but look at the "what is wrong with my batteries" thread. Three pages of a simple problem and the only answer "get a smartgauge". I know there is an electrical expert still but perhaps he's doing something else this weekend.

It's getting a bit thin. Yes, it's probably the first port of call for boating problems or holiday suggestions but that's just a little like unpaid work.

But in fairness IF that line was the only bit that he missed it was hardly a big deal and unlikely to upset even the most timid of people surely?

Tim

Ok fair cop I did rant about the zombie apocalypse there was loads of factual advice about how to dismember and kill zombies, very very bloody.

I would like to formally apologise to the forum for my blood filled zombie rant.

All of the above is obviously nonsense