Are we all sheep?

matty40s

Featured Posts

Sorry but things move on. If you like being controlled stay here. If not move on. It's a simple choice.

Thank you Biggles47 with your amazing contribution to the forum of 30 fatuous and antagonistic posts. It's so reassuring to know you are now in charge.

Sorry but things move on. If you like being controlled stay here. If not move on. It's a simple choice.

I actually believe that Daniel wouldn't want a forum full of folk "happy to be controlled".

The choice isn't as simple as you might think.

It's like this biggles47 . I can wander off if I'm bored, I've done it before . Having a life kind of gets in the way of arguing on the Internet .

However I think Matty deserves some input to his thread, he asked for opinions and got mine.

Nobody on here controls me ,have you tried herding cats :) Anyway why are you here if it's all so bad ?

ETA . I'm here because I know some of the people in real life and I like the History and Heritage threads and some of the technical stuff

Edited by madcat

One of the new mods (can't remember which) drew up a list of people they wanted banned, based on their posts on the other forum. At that point I'd had enough and let Dan know quite clearly that I didn't want "Site Staff" underneath my name, even if I simply did the admin stuff. He prompted a discussion amongst the other mods and it went quiet for a bit, I left and a smooth handover was done. A couple of weeks later, the people on "the list" were dropping like flies. Once again Nick's got it spot on, despite not having access to any of the mods internal communications etc. I guess its not that hard to work out.

Come on Dan, sort it out - you know exactly what to do, you just need the guts to do it. If you delay much longer (some say its already too late) there won't be a forum worth saving.

I think the two mods that need removing know who they are.

I certainly think a large number of forum members know when the 'rot' started.

• Greenie 1

One of the new mods (can't remember which) drew up a list of people they wanted banned, based on their posts on the other forum. At that point I'd had enough and let Dan know quite clearly that I didn't want "Site Staff" underneath my name, even if I simply did the admin stuff. He prompted a discussion amongst the other mods and it went quiet for a bit, I left and a smooth handover was done. A couple of weeks later, the people on "the list" were dropping like flies. Once again Nick's got it spot on, despite not having access to any of the mods internal communications etc. I guess its not that hard to work out.

Come on Dan, sort it out - you know exactly what to do, you just need the guts to do it. If you delay much longer (some say its already too late) there won't be a forum worth saving.

Thanks for that Paul. To be honest I didn't realise it was quite that bad but it certainly makes total sense. How very sad. Just as well you have conveniently "forgotten" which mod it was although I have my suspicions!

When the new mods came in it was a complete mess, they had no idea of the current rules (which were quite adequate and needed only tiny tweaking), wanted to re-write the rules (eventually they did) and before then, made their own up. Maybe I should have, or could have done more, but its a bit late now.

Having said that there's still a huge number of followers of this forum, a good deal of patience and perseverence from long term members, its entirely up to Dan to set the direction the site takes and whether he wants to run it as it is now; or in a more hands-off way. All he needs to do is "press the button" (3 times).....

Jesus wept.

I can't think of much else to say to that tbh.

Thanks for sharing that Paul.

• Greenie 1

Thank you for your candor. I had no knowledge of such activity or discussion amongst the mods to target a number of people.

I can see it is natural to have a view of the people who may be trouble makers on the forum but to be actively looking for reasons to ban someone is putting the cart before the horse. A few years ago I helped Mod a railway modelling forum and I struggled with it when one of the mods started to campaign for his list of people he thought should be banned on what seemed to be the basis of who had upset him or he didn't like. Anyhow I decided given that he seemed to be the site owners pet Mod I stepped down and wanted no further part in it.

One of the new mods (can't remember which) drew up a list of people they wanted banned, based on their posts on the other forum.

And that's exactly the sort of person who should never be allowed to be a moderator. Contemptible.

• Greenie 1

Thank you for your candor. I had no knowledge of such activity or discussion amongst the mods to target a number of people.

I can see it is natural to have a view of the people who may be trouble makers on the forum but to be actively looking for reasons to ban someone is putting the cart before the horse. A few years ago I helped Mod a railway modelling forum and I struggled with it when one of the mods started to campaign for his list of people he thought should be banned on what seemed to be the basis of who had upset him or he didn't like. Anyhow I decided given that he seemed to be the site owners pet Mod I stepped down and wanted no further part in it.

Don't forget, they were banned for stuff posted elsewhere, not on here.

That's beyond the pale for me. Moderating members for their conduct elsewhere on the net is absolutely ludicrous.

I understood that was the suspicion of those that had been culled, Paul's post above confirms their suspicions.

• Greenie 1

I have kept out of this stuff, and broadly support this forum, but if the above is true, I for one would want nothing more to do with this forum. If this did happen, it is a witch hunt too far.

Off with their heads !!

From Google :

The Queen of Hearts is a fictional character from the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by the writer and mathematician Lewis Carroll, in which she appears as the primary antagonist. Wikipedia
Personality :Explosive, Cruel, Villainous, Powerful, Tyrannical, more
Appearance: Fair skin, Both gold crown and earrings, more
Goal: To keep Wonderland under her control