Are we all sheep?

matty40s

Featured Posts

I don't. I'm reporting what Dan said on here.

OK.

Do you not see how farcical this stance has now become?

I joined cwdf 8 odd years ago, it's a shadow of its former self.

Hand on heart, can you say this forum and it's governance now is an improvement on what went before?

Indeed.

I have a pretty good idea who it was, innocent until proven guilty prevents me from naming them, that and a sense of perspective, but I will say I think it's someone with a prolific post count on here.

He protest too much would be a fitting clue.

There was of course the very strong suspicion that some of those things said were by members from here who joined with the sole purpose of causing exactly what turned out to be the outcome......an embargo on mentioning the other 'place'.

Of course it will never be proven unless the two admins. started comparing IP addresses. (I suspect hell will freeze over before that happens).

I am not saying you are wrong as I have no real clue as to who said what or even what was said but that all sounds more Machiavellian than even Machiavelli would be comfortable with!

Edited by churchward

I am not saying you are wrong as I have no real clue as to who said what or even what was said but that all sounds more Machiavellian than even Machiavelli would be comfortable with!

Maybe, but, having been on here for 8 years you do get a feel for how other's conduct themselves online, I am not brilliant at it and missed some glaringly obvious doppels, but in this particular case I don't think I'm that wide of the mark.

The real shame about the idiot from here that posted as Nutter over there has driven a wedge between the two forums that never looks like it will be knocked out.

I had to join over there to distance myself from accusations it was me. I declared I wouldn't post over there as all I was interested in was preventing my cwdf forum name being hijacked.

I was wrong, it is possible to use both without causing too much disharmony, it's a shame that nutter's posts have created a rift between the two forums that should be able to coexist.

• Greenie 3

Oh and if you take offence about what people say about you then I suggest you either need to man up or not go out anymore....surely we are all big enough to look after ourselves!....it's not primary school anymore!

The irony is that, having read back the exchanges between Tony and Graham it would seem that Graham gives as good as he gets, if not more so.

Tony states his opinion in his customary forthright manner and Graham follows up with sneery comments about Tony's "chip" or makes "here we go again" type stage whispers.

Nothing worth reporting of course, thus retaining the holier than thou position,

• Greenie 3

Maybe, but, having been on here for 8 years you do get a feel for how other's conduct themselves online, I am not brilliant at it and missed some glaringly obvious doppels, but in this particular case I don't think I'm that wide of the mark.

The real shame about the idiot from here that posted as Nutter over there has driven a wedge between the two forums that never looks like it will be knocked out.

I had to join over there to distance myself from accusations it was me. I declared I wouldn't post over there as all I was interested in was preventing my cwdf forum name being hijacked.

I was wrong, it is possible to use both without causing too much disharmony, it's a shame that nutter's posts have created a rift between the two forums that should be able to coexist.

I agree there should be no issue that both forums exist people have a free choice to join either or both. I have not joined as I will probably get confused what I have posted where for one thing. I have had a look as a quest and scanned a few threads. The only thing I thought was rather odd was a whole section on CWDF where people are commenting on what goes on here. The forum should be happy with what it is not be obsessed with what is happening here. It was another reason not to join.

The irony is that, having read back the exchanges between Tony and Graham it would seem that Graham gives as good as he gets, if not more so.

Tony states his opinion in his customary forthright manner and Graham follows up with sneery comments about Tony's "chip" or makes "here we go again" type stage whispers.

Nothing worth reporting of course, thus retaining the holier than thou position,

Carl! You're covered in dust. Have you been down in them archives again?

I agree there should be no issue that both forums exist people have a free choice to join either or both. I have not joined as I will probably get confused what I have posted where for one thing. I have had a look as a quest and scanned a few threads. The only thing I thought was rather odd was a whole section on CWDF where people are commenting on what goes on here. The forum should be happy with what it is not be obsessed with what is happening here. It was another reason not to join.

I agree with pretty much all that bar the last sentence.

The CWDF forum was/is used to discuss/vent how frustrated former members are over how things have gone.

I think it has probably served its purpose and now needs canning.

The solution to the last sentence is to not click on that sub forum :)

The only thing I thought was rather odd was a whole section on CWDF where people are commenting on what goes on here

The whole reason for setting up the new forum was because people who valued this one greatly felt that they had lost something when the new regime kicked in.

As I have said, I and many others have invested a lot of time into this and we are pretty pissed off that it has been taken away from us.

Why should they not follow and comment on what was once important to them?

• Greenie 2

The whole reason for setting up the new forum was because people who valued this one greatly felt that they had lost something when the new regime kicked in.

As I have said, I and many others have invested a lot of time into this and we are pretty pissed off that it has been taken away from us.

Why should they not follow and comment on what was once important to them?

That's fine and I can certainly understand why people regret the changes that have occurred and miss what seems to have been lost. I have been a member here since October 2006 so have seen what has happened.

But I was describing that when I looked at the other forum the dedicated CWDF section struck me as odd and did put me off. I understand your reasoning but you cannot deny what my feelings on the subject are as they are mine and mine alone.

I would understand various threads being started much as there are occasional ones here on Narrowboat world articles but I would think it odd if we had a narrowboat (or indeed any other forum/website) world section here and it would put me off if it seemed to exist only to complain about or mock what happened there.

But I was describing that when I looked at the other forum the dedicated CWDF section struck me as odd and did put me off. I understand your reasoning but you cannot deny what my feelings on the subject are as they are mine and mine alone.

I personally share your feelings and don't bother looking in that section.

Any comments I make about CWDF will be made here until someone shuts me up with a ban (apart from one post about why I have started contributing there).

I agree with pretty much all that bar the last sentence.

The CWDF forum was/is used to discuss/vent how frustrated former members are over how things have gone.

I think it has probably served its purpose and now needs canning.

The solution to the last sentence is to not click on that sub forum smile.png

Sure, I agree you could ignore it and not visit that section and at least if it concentrated all those kind of posts it would make ignoring them easier. It is just that knowing it exists does not sit well and for me and does not indicate a healthy state of being. But since I am not a member it doesn't really matter what I think.

Edited by churchward
  • Greenie 1

I do hope they never impose that as a requirement for forum membership,,,

Hmmm on reflection I think your right!

Actually while I am in reflective mood I am not so sure about ignoring things or rather people. I am not really a fan of having an ignore list. I do not believe any one is always right or always wrong so even the most annoying of folk can say or contribute many worthwhile posts and make me think. I would rather not miss those times.

Edited by churchward

Hmmm on reflection I think your right!

Actually while I am in reflective mood I am not so sure about ignoring things or rather people. I am not really a fan of having an ignore list.

Me neither though I am not easily offended or outraged either.

When I say ignore I mean "skim over" or not get bothered by it.

Forums go south. Every forum I have been on does. Break away forums and over moderation are typical in such situations regardless of the topic e.g. Boating , gaming, music ...

There is one fundamental factor that correlates with them all:

https://msdnshared.blob.core.windows.net/media/TNBlogsFS/BlogFileStorage/blogs_technet/doxley/WindowsLiveWriter/GreaterInternetDickwadTheory_D799/dickwad-theory_thumb.jpg

and yet Tony's invaluable posts on the working boats and waterways of the North are now gone because those who feel the need to be outraged insisted on reading his hobby horse posts.

Two cheers for the oversensitive flowers who have destroyed this forum.

His opinions on CRT never affected me because I exercised my right not to read them.

Totally agree with this sentiment