Does one drink Pimms?

Ben69

Featured Posts

Pims is disgustin shouldn't bother no matter where you are..I never did..ah but then I got ditched by him who did the whole Pims thing.....

maybe then Pims/lemonade/cucumber and other bits n bobs..speak in posh voice..you'll be fine....

• Greenie 1

Hi,

Was wondering if I should start drinking Pimms now I moor by Henley-on-thames ? If so, how should I take it?

Please excuse my ignorance

1 litre pimms mixed with 2 litres lemonade, some chopped up fruit and loads of ice, then enjoy.

• Greenie 1

Scrap the cucumber & ice cubes (btw I love ice in my drinks), and use frozen berries instead, lovely treat at the end of glass :icecream:

I like the frozen berries idea Bettie! We keep wedges of lime in the freezer for similar alcohol-based reasons, but I'd not thought of that one.

Edited to add: yes, one does drink Pimms, although it's very definitely a sunny afternoon tipple, so how it reminds anyone of Christmas is beyond me!

Edited by Sea Dog

I like it with dry ginger rather than lemonade, borage flowers add to the pomposity should you wish.

It is also difficult to tell the Aldi version from the real thing

Agree, tonic water with it is good, agree about the Aldi Version - any Pimms is improved with a nice measure of Gordon's added.... also chop the fruit into very small segments and wash the mint.......

Happy days.

L

I like the frozen berries idea Bettie! We keep wedges of lime in the freezer for similar alcohol-based reasons, but I'd not thought of that one.

Edited to add: yes, one does drink Pimms, although it's very definitely a sunny afternoon tipple, so how it reminds anyone of Christmas is beyond me!

Maybe they are Australian?

One is only required to drink Pimms during the Regatta week and then you must put the jug on a table with a white cloth.

Gentlemen should / must wear a boater and One's rowing club blazer and tie.

Any other behaviour is quite out of order....

1 litre Pimms mixed with 2 litres lemonade, some chopped up fruit and loads of ice, then throw it away and enjoy a decent beer instead

You missed a few words out, Phil.

Nope... 1 bottle of pimms and 2 bottles of prosecco far better result

Better, but why waste decent Prosecco (or Cava)?

Either is perfectly good on its own!