42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Congratulations on your new boat. I wish you much happy sailing (was going to say cruising but that has connotations...ninja.gif)

I do hope the cat doesn't change his/her mind about turkey and rice. They do that you know, just when you've stocked up for the next 6 months.

Well done, looks like a very nice boat. Pity the signwriter could not spell, Should be "Water Arachnid", you'll find out why soon enough clapping.gif

Edited by Bill
  • Greenie 1

Thank you. I've been practicing waving a cuttlefish and going 'Toot Toot'

About the cat food blush.png Technically it's not my fault i had to buy so much of the same brand and type

I have to buy the same type of cat litter and same type of dry cat food and the same type of wet cat food

or else both cats go all 'Possessed by demons' It's not pretty when they have a tantrum (i dare not sleep)

I remembered everything Mr Enfield said about 'haggling' and then i opened my mouth and asked if it was enough blush.png (not getting my haggling badge)

I can't beleave this day has finally come (it took decades!) waiting on the seller to get her things out (it's taking forever!)

Now all i have to do is get my stuff to the boat Any tips Bettie Boo (i'm serious....help)

Stop talking about my loo, you cheeky young scamps. I'm at home stroking it (it still has the plastic on cool.png ) Brian Blessed would be proud of it,

Ignore this bit

Have no home mooring

Can't swim

Haven't made plans for winter

Never done proper Narrowboating or those locks by myself (i did help once)

Mortal fear of spiders

Get a icky feeling when i think about what i have done sad.png

How will i get my Amazon cat food!

I remembered everything Mr Enfield said about 'haggling' and then i opened my mouth and asked if it was enough blush.png (not getting my haggling badge)

You did WHAT !!!

(I'm so disappointed - my teaching skills obviously need refreshing.)

You never mentioned that bit - you said you went from offering the price to having a 'hug' and a 'done deal'.

You did WHAT !!!

You never mentioned that bit - you said you went from offering the price to having a 'hug' and a 'done deal'.

I felt guilty about all the things she was giving me and i never told you as the sound of you banging your head against the hull

is starting to upset the other boaters blush.png

Nice one Max. Are you to be staying on the L&L for now?

You said the boat needs a paint? Add it to your to-do list.

When I first got my boat, my to-do list had about ten things on it. Now it runs into the hundreds. I try not to think too hard about it.

Thanks for the thanks. Whisky, Ferrero Rocher and Star Wars merchandise is always a winner!

You did WHAT !!!

Min d you, I bet the seller was equally clueless and said "YES"!!

Nice one Max. Are you to be staying on the L&L for now?

You said the boat needs a paint? Add it to your to-do list.

When I first got my boat, my to-do list had about ten things on it. Now it runs into the hundreds. I try not to think too hard about it.

Thanks for the thanks. Whisky, Ferrero Rocher and Star Wars merchandise is always a winner!

I wasn't expecting to meet a normal person (thought it would be some salty old seadog) you were extremely nice to me

and oh so helpful. I'd of never of thought a Narrowboat needed so much equipment and what it takes to keep them going.

Not sure where i will lurk just yet. Seems nice up there though

Besides according to the internet all NBers have sophisticated tastes (and like Star Wars) smile.png

Edited by MissMax

Spiders have been no problem since I got my electric spider sucker-upper, I think it was from Lakeland but I'm not sure. It has a nice long spout so I don't have to get too near them, and I've not met a spider that has been too big for it to deal with. I wish it had reverse then I wouldn't have to shake them out. Did you know that some of the big ones can walk on water? I used to shake them out over the canal until I saw one march across the water straight back onto the boat! Now I shake them into the grass where they get lost.

Essentials:

1 x spider sucker-upper

2 x fly swatters

Spiders have been no problem since I got my electric spider sucker-upper, I think it was from Lakeland but I'm not sure. It has a nice long spout so I don't have to get too near them, and I've not met a spider that has been too big for it to deal with. I wish it had reverse then I wouldn't have to shake them out. Did you know that some of the big ones can walk on water? I used to shake them out over the canal until I saw one march across the water straight back onto the boat! Now I shake them into the grass where they get lost.

Essentials:

1 x spider sucker-upper

2 x fly swatters

I never wanted to sleep ever again, anyway ohmy.png

I never wanted to sleep ever again, anyway ohmy.png

Starcoaster used to say stuff like that.

But I explained that a boat without spiders wasn't a boat at all, and a boater who can't cope with spiders will have to sell the boat and move back on the bank.

Strangely and impressively, the desire to live on a boat trumped the irrational fear of spiders. That and me pointing out there weren't any really BIG spiders on her bote. (I lied...)

This is the year of the spider to be sure!! I cleaned down all the outside of them and then discovered that they had all hid in the boat!! :ninja: little beggers they are

Mmm, there's good eating in spiders, lots of protein and a nice salty backtaste.

Anyway,French & Peel,damn good boatbuilders, based on the Rochdale, home of rufty, tufty boaters. To be honest you have to be given the usual weather. Best of luck and enjoy.

Mmm, there's good eating in spiders, lots of protein and a nice salty backtaste.

Anyway,French & Peel,damn good boatbuilders, based on the Rochdale, home of rufty, tufty boaters. To be honest you have to be given the usual weather. Best of luck and enjoy.

A French and Peel boat? Really?

How lovely. The gurl dun well!!

Got back home recently after a summer cruise.First morning home... woke up with a GIANT tarantula (only bigger) above my side of the bed).Reckon we bring them back to the house as our cratch is a giant spider breeding ground .Off again soon for another 5/6 weeks,reckon the spiders will be the size of squid by then...