42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Don't worry, the spiders are seasonal and the season is just coming to an end (August to July). Next it is the earwigs - every rope knot will have 3 - 4 earwigs in it. Did you know that earwigs can fly? They don't like to so that they don't do it much, but they can if they really want to.

I'm not sure MissMax is ready to hear about the flying earwigs yet.

Never mind those marine JUMPING spiders we get in autumn...

ninja.gif

Just wait until she hears the 'fish farts' in the quiet of the evening / early morning.

WHAT! ohmy.png

Fish??

I thought it was the giant UNDERWATER spiders that did those...

I thought i gave the mods a tip to 'have a word'

orders a crate of (Special Brew)

Edited by MissMax

Congratulations on your boat purchase Miss Max.clapping.gif

I bet your excited but a bit nervous at the same time, I was beaming with happiness when I moved on board and nervous at the same time as I hadn't ever, even started my boat or gone out on one. I did the RYA course out of Stourport and really enjoyed the days training. When I finally set off to my Marina 54 miles away the nervousness soon evaporated and I got into a routine single handing the locks. I really enjoyed it even though it was wet and muddy.

You will soon feel very at home, especially once you have your things just so and if you ever get a problem you can always ask on here or ask a fellow boater. When I was moving my boat I didn't have a trolley to get coal, empty the elsan and a fellow boater at Great Haywood put them in his wheel barrow for me and wheeled it, which was very kind of him.

If constant cruising I would seriously consider solar panels and a genny and a smartguage.

I would love to CC but need to be based at a resi mooring for work, so quite envious if you are going to CC as I would love to explore the network and meet new people.

Jamescheers.gif

• Greenie 1

Thank you James

(looking at the last couple of post seems to be the only normal member)

The seller told me the boat will be ready on Thursday. Removal van booked for 7am and everything

that can be packed is packed (can't pack the cats....i tried).

I'm not sure if i am nervoues, sick, or blooming happy. It seemed to have taken forever searching for a boat.

Thank you for the advice about power saving. Need to sort that out.

I keep on telling myself 'Avoid falling in' biggrin.png

no, don't.

try and do it ASAP, preferably in a clean part of the canal on a nice day, with good access to a climbing out point.

once you have fallen in you have experienced the worst that can ever happen, and it will no longer hold any fears for you.

Thank you James

(looking at the last couple of post seems to be the only normal member)

The seller told me the boat will be ready on Thursday. Removal van booked for 7am and everything

that can be packed is packed (can't pack the cats....i tried).

I'm not sure if i am nervoues, sick, or blooming happy. It seemed to have taken forever searching for a boat.

Thank you for the advice about power saving. Need to sort that out.

It will all sort itself outcheers.gif

I slipped once and my leg went into the water between the bow and the jetty. It hurt a bit as I had to push the boat away from pressing on my leg against the jetty. I have a rubber mat outside now so not slippery when wet.

The only thing I have lost in the water was a spirit level, no use on a boat though, but need one for work, so bought another!

James cheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?
  • Greenie 1

Congratz.

The quilt is overkill, would be ok on a 60' boat with the stove at the front.

The torch is rubbish compared to what else it's out there for the same money.

The drill won't be much good at only 12V & who buys NiCd stuff these days, should be lithium ion.

Bucket way overpriced.

What colour is it?

Congratz.

The drill won't be much good at only 12V & who buys NiCd stuff these days, should be lithium ion.

Bucket way overpriced.

What colour is it?

In the end, when she finally understood that colour should not limit her choice, she was willing to buy any colour, as long as it was blue.

Peter.

Congratz.

Bucket way overpriced.

What colour is it?

Aldi do a brilliant small Li-ion drill/driver for £29.99.

Aldi do a brilliant small Li-ion drill/driver for £29.99.

You and Ssscrudddy could of mentioned it before i ordered ....no hummus for the pair of you

Only had red ones :( But it will match my engine :)

Go and eat another Yorkshire pudding and Cornetto and get the packing finished.

One of these days i'm going to stop stalking you........but not today ninja.gif

No Pot Noodle for you pair of.....naughty people judge.gif

Thank you Trillian. When i take over the world, you'll be safe (unlike the rest of the naughty people here)

You don't know me (and I don't know you) , but although I am a very peace-loving person, I don't think somehow that I would let you takeover the world without a serious fight, so if you have a little bit of common sense left, you'll quickly forget this silly idea.

A few questions just came up after reading what you wrote, 1/ Do you know your family history ? If so : 2/ was there a male member that had a little moustache, who created a lot of missery everywhere, because of the same ideas as yours., if that's the case (which I hope it isn't) it's not entirely your fault, as it must be in your genes detective.gif

Peter.

You don't know me (and I don't know you) , but although I am a very peace-loving person, I don't think somehow that I would let you takeover the world without a serious fight, so if you have a little bit of common sense left, you'll quickly forget this silly idea.

A few questions just came up after reading what you wrote, 1/ Do you know your family history ? If so : 2/ was there a male member that had a little moustache, who created a lot of missery everywhere, because of the same ideas as yours., if that's the case (which I hope it isn't) it's not entirely your fault, as it must be in your genes detective.gif

Peter.

Surely you don't mean this little chappie, he made lots of people laugh:

the-great-dictator-charlie-chaplin-1940.

Edited by Ray T