42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Aha, but do you run a 300 watt load from it?

If you do, and it hasn't melted the socket, please can you tell me the manufacturer of these 25 amp lighter sockets as I need to replace most of mine this winter - they've nearly all been melted by my little 12v 10amp Dustbuster over the years.

Good point, no I don't. Just phone and laptop chargers etc, prolly nothing more than 150W.

I notice if I plug the bigger lappy charger into it, it will often object with an unpleasant BEEPING noise. I imagine this is due to the input voltage falling too much due to feeble wires from the engine room to the front of the boat.

MTB. I have put your name forward as a good bet for painting the inside of the water tank. Did I do good?

NO!

It's your turn now to look after the lemon wedge...

I have a 300W Maplins inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. It hasn't melted the plug in the three years I've had it...

(To my surprise!)

yeah, me too except mine is 4 years old.

Not sure the max power thing i use it with though - probably the shaky-bucket which is 150W

Hay Cuthound and Bargemast. Why don't you both come over and I will give you the 'Thing' I bought.

Don't tell anyone and bring a adjustable spanner smile.png

PS

One of you may need a snorkel

I have a feeling that that would be me, if I came over.

Have a lovely birthday anyway.

Peter.

• Greenie 1

The red thing my iPhone was plugged into beside the cooker

And that knob which emptys the emptys the file where the engine is. The liquid is oil, I thought it was diesel,

I got nappies from Aldi. I'm moving tomorrow as it looks like the bridge is fixed :)

PS have lots of diesel ( it looks like lots)

Thank you for a great Birthday :)

The red thing my iPhone was plugged into beside the cooker

And that knob which emptys the emptys the file where the engine is. The liquid is oil, I thought it was diesel,

I got nappies from Aldi. I'm moving tomorrow as it looks like the bridge is fixed :)

PS have lots of diesel ( it looks like lots)

Thank you for a great Birthday :)

Ace thread made me smile lots

Before you leave the marina, fill the diesel tank, fill the water tank and empty the poo bucket

Oh and fill the fridge with the tipple of choice

I need help. I'm between the swing bridge and the swing bridge. Nearly took out several boats and the marina (staff buried there heads)

I am a pants driver. Anyone around?

PS

Nappies for the pup and nappies for engine room.

May have killed several trees and bushes....maybe a cow as well. Should have listened to the grown ups in the forum :(

HELP

I need help. I'm between the swing bridge and the swing bridge. Nearly took out several boats and the marina (staff buried there heads)

PS

Nappies for the pup and nappies for engine room.May have killed several trees and bushes....maybe a cow as well. Should have listened to the grown ups in the forum :(

HELP

The trick with steering is to always keep looking ahead. Always. A moment looking down to see what a dog/cat/spider is doing and the boat will throw itself at the bank. After a while, a long while, you will begin to learn how to take quick glances around you, but not long glances.

Some boats are twitchier than others, and all of them go better at certain amounts of engine noise (revolutions of the engine as shown on the rev counter). Less revs is often better than lots.

Nappies are really good for soaking up spilled oil from under engines.

Keep smiling and posting .

PS

Nappies for the pup and nappies for engine room.

May have killed several trees and bushes....maybe a cow as well. Should have listened to the grown ups in the forum sad.png

HELP

Think duck.

Calm on the outside but paddling like hell underneath the surface. If you look in control then you are in control.

It is easy,Max. Just think. Calm and collective. Do things slowly.

Regarding bridges. I know people who will wait ages for another boat to come along. Single handed swing bridges are not easy, initially. You'll get the hang of it. Moor the boat on the non tow path side if possible. Or better still nose onto the swing bridge.make sure you have a rope between you and the boat at all times. Open bridge pull boat trough and tie stern (back end) onto bridge or other non moveable structure. Close bridge and climb back onboard. Off you go.

Sorry,can't come out to you, have guests and we are out and about all day.

Rotten weather, but you will tell this story for years to come.

• Greenie 1