mystery object found with magnet

magnetman

Featured Posts

I put a comment on this topic saying that another members comment made me laugh.

I have received a warning for this and the comments have been removed. Can someone explain please.

Rog

I hope that the explanation has made all clear.

Theo

I also found it amusing, must admit that i think its removal was a bit harsh - you need a bit of good banter on a forum or it becomes robotish.

Very true, without bit of banter and humour it makes the place seem like the Dementors have taken over.......we need a bit of fun.

Phil

However I maintain the rules are stupid.

Rog

I don't have problems with the rules.

I am quite happy to have rules that protect us from bad language and offensive remarks.

There is too much artistic license nowadays - particularly on TV - where there is 'in your face' gratuitous swearing, sex and violence

but I do have a bit of trouble if rules are applied arbitrarily though.

If our posts/threads are monitored and likely to cause offence then they can be 'edited' to remove offending words - but not banned.

I have received a pm explanation from Theo that the post, and subsequently my quote of the post, were removed, so as not to offend the sensitive. I appreciate receiving the explanation.

However, if it is now necessary to remove such humorous comments it is a very sad state.

Our nation built an entertainment industry on such humour. Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howard would have been permanently banned here.

But no one died.

However I maintain the rules are stupid.

Rog

Surely that we be a good thing! About as funny as acute hemorrhoids rolleyes.gif

RIP Father Ted.

cheers.gif

Indeed. They were funny people.

I have a teeshirt with the "down with this sort of thing" sign on it. Number of people who ask what it means! Most people mustn't have watched Father Ted.

Edited by Guest

We still haven't been told which rule was breached.

" that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, aimed to deceive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented,"

Richard

Surely that we be a good thing! About as funny as acute hemorrhoids rolleyes.gif

Indeed. They were funny people.

I have a teeshirt with the "down with this sort of thing" sign on it. Number of people who ask what it means! Most people mustn't have watched Father Ted.

One of the funniest comedy moments ever in my opinion :)

Anyway MtB the rule regarding not using profane language or sexual references was the guideline that was breached.

RWLP (NOT ME :rolleyes: ) suggested the item may have a more personal role which is not related to road works and this was judged (probably correctly) to be breaching the sex guidelines or something like that.

Others judged it as funny (which it was) but it was technically in breach.

Oh dear. I'm guilty of rule breaking then, for saying that the hole is for blowing soapy bubbles into the air through. knowingly false I suppose that comes under. But on the other hand I might have genuinely and sincerely thought that that was its proper purpose. sad.png

• Greenie 1

One of the funniest comedy moments ever in my opinion :)

Anyway MtB the rule regarding not using profane language or sexual references was the guideline that was breached.

RWLP (NOT ME :rolleyes: ) suggested the item may have a more personal role which is not related to road works and this was judged (probably correctly) to be breaching the sex guidelines or something like that.

Others judged it as funny (which it was) but it was technically in breach.

Right up there with Father Ted trying to explain perspective to Father Dougal. Small, Far Away, Small, Far Away.

:)

Oh dear. I'm guilty of rule breaking then, for saying that the hole is for blowing soapy bubbles into the air through. knowingly false I suppose that comes under. But on the other hand I might have genuinely and sincerely thought that that was its proper purpose. sad.png

I think you know that was false so yes you were technically in breach sir.

" that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, aimed to deceive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented,"

Richard

So why was the entire thread which I started a couple of weeks ago on the subject of topical beer completely removed without any explanation? Not locked, not the odd offending post hidden, but the whole thread entirely disappeared!

So why was the entire thread which I started a couple of weeks ago on the subject of topical beer completely removed without any explanation? Not locked, not the odd offending post hidden, but the whole thread entirely disappeared!

To some people beer is a religion, perhaps that was why?