Easter at Ellesmere Port

Featured Posts

I have no personal or financial interest in either the Wooden Boat Society or The Boat Museum at Ellesmere Port, but this may be of interest:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easter-at-Historic-Boat-rally-Shanty-Festival-aboard-Hazel-3-nights-up-to-3berth-/131741644583?hash=item1eac69f727:g:uRkAAOSwmmxW11Ax

It may provide a more involving option to a Premier Inn (other hotels are available) captain.gif

• Greenie 1

A rather attractive idea, but is it legal? Whilst donations to the society is a grand idea I do wonder if licencing and insurance are in place at the correct levels.

God doesn't life get boring if you have to muck about with things like this. What's up with just piling onto the boat sleeping eating having a good time then paying and buggering of in the morning, Like it used to be done.

Darren

• Greenie 4

A rather attractive idea, but is it legal? Whilst donations to the society is a grand idea I do wonder if licencing and insurance are in place at the correct levels.

Well Hazel has been explicitly restored as a residential "well being" boat, so I'm not sure this use deviates hugely, does it?

I'm keeping an eye on this. We will be at Ellesmere Port and are booked into an hotel. I'd much rather be staying on site and am happy to hand our money over to the WBS. But what if we are outbid at the last moment and have nowhere to stay?

Richard

• Greenie 1

I'm keeping an eye on this. We will be at Ellesmere Port and are booked into an hotel. I'd much rather be staying on site and am happy to hand our money over to the WBS. But what if we are outbid at the last moment and have nowhere to stay?

Richard

How close to the date can you cancel the hotel? This auction ends 12th March, so almost a fortnight before the dates the letting is for.

Thanks for pointing this auction out, we have succeeded in bidding and will be staying on Hazel for the event.

Better value for us, and our money is going into maintaining a wooden boat so it's win all round.

Sue

• Greenie 2

Thanks for pointing this auction out, we have succeeded in bidding and will be staying on Hazel for the event.

Better value for us, and our money is going into maintaining a wooden boat so it's win all round.

Sue

Nice, I hope you enjoy the stay and the event.

I am planning to visit the event myself.

I am hoping to go on Friday, and may even have copies of my new history of the L&LC for sale - £25 if you see me in person, or £27-50 to include postage. It is twice the length of my previous book published 25 years ago.

I will have 20 or so copies of my new L&LC history with me at Ellesmere Port during the day on Friday, should anyone want to buy a copy. It is double the length of my previous history of the canal, with 40 maps and 70 pages with colour, and weighs 1.4kg. Price as mentioned above. (sorry for using the forum to advertise, but you will get it cheaper from me than in the shops)

We are sitting in a very comfy hotel bedroom in Chester ready to get to Ellesmere Port first thing tomorrow to set up for the show.

If anybody is going, please come and find us to say hello. We will be outside in a lime green gazebo so you can't miss us, and in a blatnet attempt at bribery I've got some home made flapjack and shortbread biscits, first come first served!!

Sue

We are sitting in a very comfy hotel bedroom in Chester ready to get to Ellesmere Port first thing tomorrow to set up for the show.

If anybody is going, please come and find us to say hello. We will be outside in a lime green gazebo so you can't miss us, and in a blatnet attempt at bribery I've got some home made flapjack and shortbread biscits, first come first served!!

Sue

IMG_20160324_175550397_zpsfqua2noj.jpg

Large contingent in the bottom basin today, you should have had a wander down.

See you tomorrow!

Edited by junior

Which is the best day to go, if you chose one day out of the weekend?

I'd answer that by looking at the weather forecast.

Large contingent heading up to EP tomorrow lunchtime so if you like to see activity and historic boats then tomorrow would be my suggestion as there will be at least 15 arriving from Chester and locking down to the bottom basin.

We have seen a number of the oldies chugging past us on their way. Lovely to see and hear them.

Saw Halsall in Nantwich with Brian on board. Martin, you get so much time off.(smilie)

Enjoy the weekend all.

Martyn

Good old days of all just piling in the hold with sleeping bags etc.. primus to make the first brew etc

to many people forget the early days and now are contented to wallow in their own self smugness

'

IF I wasn't working all weekend I would have jumped at the chance to be in a cabin .. amongst friends rather than a bland hotel