New Licencing system rubbish

matty40s

Featured Posts

I have successfully paid for licence online for last 5 or 6 years bar 1 where it was posted in from elsewhere.

It was a process that took less than 5 minutes.

BW and CRT have had the same email for me for the last 9 years now anyway.

I have gone online to do my 2016 licence and wasted the last hour and a half trying to register for a new system.

It either does not send me a new validation code, doesn't validate as it doesn't recognise code and email last sent, or comes back with system problem, our engineers are aware a dealing with it - yeah - on New Years Eve!!

I have done all the obvious like clearing cookies, only using latest generated validation code etc, but no joy.

So I have sent an email to Leeds and am now giving up.

I have successfully paid for licence online for last 5 or 6 years bar 1 where it was posted in from elsewhere.

I have gone online to do my 2016 licence and wasted the last hour and a half trying to register for a new system.

It either does not send me a new validation code, doesn't validate as it doesn't recognise code and email last sent, or comes back with system problem, our engineers are aware a dealing with it - yeah - on New Years Eve!!

I have done all the obvious like clearing cookies, only using latest generated validation code etc, but no joy.

Please tell me you didn't wait until the last possible moment to do this...

It took me several days and multiple phone calls to get registered on their new system. That was 6 months ago and they still haven't got it working?

Renewed mine 5 mins including re setting DD up confirmation email with new window decals etc arrived in seconds

Cant fault it, C&RT even emailed me with all the new stuff I needed a couple of weeks before I renewed, confirmation email even had a copy of my BSC attatched

First class service

Ray

My experience of renewing my license was quick and easy this year with the new system much the same as the old one.

Mine too. I don't remember having to do any registering. It knew about me already.

Most difficult bit of the process was prizing my debit card out of my wallet haha!

The marina sorted out my licence when we bought the boat, we wrote the cheque within a few days we had a email confirming it with the licence to print off.

I feel cheated now I didn't get one in the post.

Why do some I see have a green strip on them.

Mine too. I don't remember having to do any registering. It knew about me already.

Most difficult bit of the process was prizing my debit card out of my wallet haha!

Which was why I always do it on the 31st Dec. It has always worked perfectly and simply before now.

Why should I deposit a grand in someone else's account a month early?

The marina sorted out my licence when we bought the boat, we wrote the cheque within a few days we had a email confirming it with the licence to print off.

I feel cheated now I didn't get one in the post.

Why do some I see have a green strip on them.

All licences had a coloured strip, different colours for different years but to save money C&RT decided to stop printing them and used up old stock (green ones).

They do not now provide printed ones unless requested, they do send e-mails with the licence on them, that you print off yourself.

There's been a new security update for IE which seems to have caused a lot of problems with interactive stuff - maybe this has caused a glitch. There's also been a couple of DOS attacks going on... Leaving stuff to the last minute is always dodgy if you're relying on computers.

When I bought my first licence under the new system earlier this last year, it all worked fine, other than it gave me a link to print them off which gave a "page not found", so I was unable to.

I had no choice but to phone CRT, and they posted some out to me.

So clearly, then, at least, it was not bug free, even if it has worked perfectly for many of you.

If CRT send you the paper licences they are just as anonymous as those you get if you print them, and ours were printed on very insubstantial paper, and the ink runs if the windows they are in get damp. So perhaps it is just as well CRT say they are no longer important to them!

There's been a new security update for IE which seems to have caused a lot of problems with interactive stuff - maybe this has caused a glitch. There's also been a couple of DOS attacks going on... Leaving stuff to the last minute is always dodgy if you're relying on computers.

The problems are across all browsers and have been going on for at least 6 months, which would be a long DOS attack Who would want to DOS CRT anyway?