pointless signage or stating obvious

b0atman

Featured Posts

This is one of the best crt signs I've seen.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Regards kris

Actually I think that is a BW sign that has been "rebranded"......

CRT would still be on their 3rd round of meetings trying to finalise an exact wording, before passing it to their legal team to check whether they are allowed to erect it.

all French towns seem to have those signs - 'Toutes Directions'.

But in France the signage is around the corner you should have taken, but didn't because the sign was around the corner so you you missed it!

Road signs should always be erected by someone who does not know the route - French signs are mostly just confirmation that you are going the right way for those who know the way already.

mad.gif

Tam

Actually I think that is a BW sign that has been "rebranded"......

CRT would still be on their 3rd round of meetings trying to finalise an exact wording, before passing it to their legal team to check whether they are allowed to erect it.

Your getting very cynical about CRT Alan. I do agree with you though.

Regards kris

It does seem they have lost there sense of humor.

Edited by kris88

I've seen one that said "£25 per day" charge for overstaying on a visitor mooring. When I queried it with the CRT bloke on site he said there is no way or process in place that any charge could be invoiced to anyone, and I should ignore it. He had just spent the morning concreting in the sign post !

Whilst out on Sunday afternoon drives my Father would often complain ......

"We always end up going through this blasted village"

As we passed a sign proclaiming "Loose Chippings"

Mind you I'm talking about the man who during The War suddenly woke up on a train back to camp in time to see a sign slowly passing the window.

"Hell" He shouted to everyone else in the carriage. "Cheltenham! I'm supposed to change here."

Chucking his kit out of the door he leapt after it. Sitting up and rubbing his battered elbows he saw the sign said "Gentlemen"

In the mid 90's I used to commute from Coventry to Northampton by rail.

I never took a photo but some wag had altered the B of Long Buckby to a F on one of the platform station names. It was like that for a couple of weeks before it was removed and replaced.

35136911.jpg

But in France the signage is around the corner you should have taken, but didn't because the sign was around the corner so you you missed it!

Road signs should always be erected by someone who does not know the route - French signs are mostly just confirmation that you are going the right way for those who know the way already.

mad.gif

Tam

Sorry, but I think 'Toutes directions' translates as 'All routes' rather than 'all directions' - the word in this sense is a false friend. (Cf libraire and library)

For those who get confused or miss the sign, they can always follow 'Autres directions'! biggrin.png

Edited by Machpoint005

But.

The coffee was too hot in an inappropriate container wink.png McD knew they were burning people severely with their coffee already but made no attempt to address it or add warnings.

You can spill normal home made coffee and not end up in hospital. Commercially sold takeaway coffee is much hotter. Is a person an idiot for not knowing that?

Yes

But.

The coffee was too hot in an inappropriate container wink.png McD knew they were burning people severely with their coffee already but made no attempt to address it or add warnings.

You can spill normal home made coffee and not end up in hospital. Commercially sold takeaway coffee is much hotter. Is a person an idiot for not knowing that?

Yes

But idiots can still sue, which is what KentuckyMcBurgerHut was worried about.

Sorry, but I think 'Toutes directions' translates as 'All routes' rather than 'all directions' - the word in this sense is a false friend. (Cf libraire and library)

For those who get confused or miss the sign, they can always follow 'Autres directions'! biggrin.png

My French is pretty good - it's just that I don't have eyes on stalks that can look around each corner before I get to it just in case that was the one I needed to take. That means I never know if the road I want is one of the other routes or not.

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di

Here is a sign we just saw last week on the Isle of Skye;

Pig.JPG

Not sure what the pig is about but when I was at school that sign (excluding pig) meant 'warning - naked women lying in road'

:rolleyes:

Edited by magnetman