Marinas are the real slums

kris88

Featured Posts

Mooring in a marina is no guarantee that your boat won't get photographed.

Ours appeared in the promotional shots for BWML's marina at Lemonroyd for a while, even after we left. And nobody asked our permission either, not that it bothered me either way.

Mooring in our marina is a guaranteed way to get your boat photographed!

http://www.burtonwaters.co.uk/moorings-in-lincoln

Edited by Naughty Cal

I don't know where the idea I don't like my boat photographed came from. I said I don't mind the general shot, th close up of the liscence I find creepy,what was the intention of taking such a photo? Then to use it to spread the wrong assertion that my boat isn't liscenced is very wrong in my opinion.

Regards kris

I have removed the picture of the license.

Thank you.

No word from the poster, I think an apology for spreading the lie that my boat is unliscenced. Would be in order.

Regards kris

He didn't. He posted a picture of a licence with a particular date on it. Nothing more. Not saying I agree with that, but don't go getting all wounded and hurt, bit of an own goal really.

I don't know where the idea I don't like my boat photographed came from. I said I don't mind the general shot,

I would take a stab that the idea came to some of us through reading the below posts - they were made by you were they not?

I stand by the thread, maybe slum is too emotive a word. Marinas are ghettos, that I wouldn't want to live in thanks. Even if it stops curtain twitching people taking photos of your boat and posting them anywhere. Because it's private property. This still wouldn't encourage me to live in a marina.

Regards kris

I'm not sure what I think about posting a picture of sombyelses boat on the internet without there permission.

Exactly that, I wonder how many more photos of my home he's taken.

Completely wrong as we'll, I think he should check his facts before posting. I don't appreciate him posting pictures of my liscence or boat on the internet.

Regards kris

ETA - missing word

Edited by Bettie Boo

I stand by the thread, maybe slum is too emotive a word. Marinas are ghettos, that I wouldn't want to live in thanks. Even if it stops curtain twitching people taking photos of your boat and posting them anywhere. Because it's private property. This still wouldn't encourage me to live in a marina.

Regards kris

But you live on a linear housing estate by the picture earlier.

Change the record, it's boring.

Edited by Graham Davis

Thank you.

No word from the poster, I think an apology for spreading the lie that my boat is unliscenced. Would be in order.

Regards kris

You do seem to be fixated that this was the motive for the post.

Personally (and without any comment as to the rights and wrongs of posting the image) I didn't see that implication.

What I saw was "well your previous licence expired at the end of July, so what was the outcome? Did they re-licence for 12 months or are you on a restricted 3 or 6 month licence?"

Top Gear thought Marinas were crap ............... but 'slums'?

Hmmm .................................. maybe. rolleyes.gif

Are caravan / moble home sites slums?

Thank you.

Regards kris

I thought you were off sailing to Reunion island?

How do you know not displaying my liscence?

Regards kris

I don't, was just pasing on some advice after you said earlier that paper licences have been abolished and you don't need one anymore.

Well Good Gurl has removed the photo of Kris88's licence.

It is a little difficult to understand why Kris has objected to that photo, since most of the information displayed on the licence was posted onto the forum by Kris himself on 22 June when he posted a copy of the letter he had received from CRT. The letter gives the boat name, index number and licence expiry date. The only information from the licence not included in the letter is the licence number itself and the mooring location code - which presumably indicates a CC licence in this case.

Kris hasn't answered the question that I asked though - whether he has satisfied CRT sufficiently to get a 12 month licence. But having now reread the CRT letter I see they haven't given him that option. Kris has confirmed that he now has a licence. I just hope that in 3 months time we aren't hearing that he is in the next stage of enforcement.

Edited by David Mack
  • Greenie 2

To the moaners and haters, you don't have to read the thread. It's not compulsory to reply.

To the amateur detectives/ curtain twitches, I suggest you use the internet. As I'm of the opinion my liscence situation is between myself and the navigation authority. As such it's none of your buissiness.

To the amateur psycho therapists, thanks but no thanks.

This thread was posted in response to all the posts about scruffy boats/ boat owners.

Whilst I except most marinas aren't slums, in my opinion they are ghettos of under used boats.

Which I find a crying shame, to have a boat and just let it rot away.

I also feel, that the still water in marina's isn't good for a boats blacking. Especially once there is a little bit of diesel in it. This combined with stray electrical currents, is a recipe for the speeded up demise of the boats kept there.

So for me marina's no thanks, but it takes alsorts so if it's what floats your boat as it where good luck to you.

Regards kris

I

To the moaners and haters, you don't have to read the thread. It's not compulsory to reply.
To the amateur detectives/ curtain twitches, I suggest you use the internet. As I'm of the opinion my liscence situation is between myself and the navigation authority. As such it's none of your buissiness.
This thread was posted in response to all the posts about scruffy boats/ boat owners.
Whilst I except most marinas aren't slums, in my opinion they are ghettos of under used boats.
I also feel, that the still water in marina's isn't good for a boats blacking. Especially once there is a little bit of diesel in it. This combined with stray electrical currents, is a recipe for the speeded up demise of the boats kept there.
So for me marina's no thanks, but it takes alsorts so if it's what floats your boat as it where good luck to you.
Regards kris

It's amazing that anyone should post a topic entitled "Marinas are the real slums" and get annoyed when others take offence.

• Greenie 1

Regards kris

So let me see, you post something with a blatantly outlandish title and content which is bound to get a reaction (AKA Trolling) and when people do reply you state the obvious and say they don't have to reply even though you know full well people will.

wacko.png

POO ! I have just finished wading through the slum boats thread and thought this was another interesting dud car thread.....deeply disappointed.!!!

Coming soon to a forum near you:

Polos Full Of Holes, an anti-small VW rant.

Astral Projection, about the future of Vauxhall hatchbacks.

Hudson Rivets, about non-welded classic American cars.

So let me see, you post something with a blatantly outlandish title and content which is bound to get a reaction (AKA Trolling) and when people do reply you state the obvious and say they don't have to reply even though you know full well people will.

wacko.png

So all in all another typical post from Kris.

Regards kris

Bizarre response about the licence details, given you posted the communication from CRT on another thread recently

POO ! I have just finished wading through the slum boats thread and thought this was another interesting dud car thread.....deeply disappointed.!!!

We are being good - well, good for us

Should this thread end up in the VP...

Richard