Marinas are the real slums

kris88

Featured Posts

I don't recall CM'ers spoiling my enjoyment (unlike the control freaks who have nothing better to do than lobby CRT to put up more signs).

It's not that they are spoiling your enjoyment, it's that they are defrauding CRT of much needed mooring income.

It's not that they are spoiling your enjoyment, it's that they are defrauding CRT of much needed mooring income.

I think the word "defrauding" in this context is as sensationalist as my use of the word "slum" in the thread title.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

confirmed - an apologist for CMers.

Why? I don't remember foxhunters spoiling my enjoyment of the canals. That doesn't make me an apologist for foxhunters. It simply means that they have never got in my way on a canal or a towpath.

I never said they spoil anyone's enjoyment, however it seems that several posters are quick to defend CMers by stating that they don't spoil our enjoyment. QED.

as usual MtB is on the money, correctly identifying why CMers might PI55 people off.

if you are a habitual CMer then maybe you should get treatment for the complaint rather than trying to excuse it.

Edited by Murflynn
  • Greenie 1

Why? I don't remember foxhunters spoiling my enjoyment of the canals. That doesn't make me an apologist for foxhunters. It simply means that they have never got in my way on a canal or a towpath.

I think mr murflynn just likes to pidgeon hole people. It helps him understand complex situations.

I see the forum pedants managed to make an appearance in this thread, thank you very much for your useful input. What would you do without people to correct on the internet. It must be so full filling and rewarding.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

Now now don't hold back, why don't you say what you really mean?

Regards kris

Because the forum has rules and people are choosing to abide by them.

Much as the canals have rules that most of us choose to obey.

Doubtless those who don't think the rules of the canal apply to them wouldn't understand why people obey rules.

I think mr murflynn just likes to pidgeon hole people. It helps him understand complex situations.

I see the forum pedants managed to make an appearance in this thread, thank you very much for your useful input. What would you do without people to correct on the internet. It must be so full filling and rewarding.

Regards kris

Pigeon, I think you'll find ... and fulfilling.

Awful conditions in our slum last night. The relevant authorities have been informed.

11873487_10153577022462959_5948762033476

Good grief, just how do you stick it!

We shall be at the same slum shortly for a few days checking the boat for BSS exam and getting it examined hoprfully it will pass and we can go for a short cruise to celebrate.

Regards kris

Think nothing of it, I'm glad I'm appreciated. My input was indeed useful, as the mods have now removed the apostrophe from the title and thus clarified what it's about.

• Greenie 1

Pigeon, I think you'll find ... and fulfilling.

Before you go any further and see your roll as correcting any spelling or grammar mistakes that I make. I'm dyslexic and as such feel it is my right to abuse the written language in any form that I wish.

Regards kris

Before you go any further and see your roll as correcting any spelling or grammar mistakes that I make. I'm dyslexic and as such feel it is my right to abuse the written language in any form that I wish.

Regards kris

...... suggesting that you proactively get things wrong in that you'd have to know what was right to know when you were abusing? The literary version of Les Dawsons piano playing.

Anyway - off for a bacon role.

• Greenie 1

Now now don't hold back, why don't you say what you really mean?

Regards kris

I suspect he is thinking what a lot of folk are though.

Try stepping away from the keyboard and go and firtle with some part of your boat that needs fixing, it will be infinitely more productive than digging yourself into an ever deepening hole on here.....

Awful conditions in our slum last night. The relevant authorities have been informed.

11873487_10153577022462959_5948762033476

Disgusting!

. I'm dyslexic

kris

Ahh..that old excuse for shoddy spelling... Amazing being dyslexic you can get 98% of your posts right, and can even manage to spell 'dyslexic'.. Amazing achievement!

Uneducated troll more like !!

Edited by andyberg

Ahh..that old excuse for shoddy spelling... Amazing being dyslexic you can get 98% of your posts right, and can even manage to spell 'dyslexic'.. Amazing achievement!

Uneducated troll more like !!

Spelling is the last thing anyone should worry about. Those who think they are smarter than everyone else are more worrying.

Spelling is the last thing anyone should worry about. Those who think they are smarter than everyone else are more worrying.

Have to agree with this. The amount of people on here who lecture others or come across as grammar nazis is a joke. Given that it's a canal forum I have never come across these people in real life on the canal.

Well to bring this back on topic..I moor in a small Marina for security and peace of mind.

Kris's seems to want to provoke people..why? who knows?

There are always those who rise to his bait.,

I don't consider where I more to be a real slum, but then Ive seen real slums and know what they are.

Kris's you really seem to be quite unhappy and feel the need to be a tad silly and introduce threads calculated to stir people up.

Relax. chill..

Have to agree with this. The amount of people on here who lecture others or come across as grammar nazis is a joke. Given that it's a canal forum I have never come across these people in real life on the canal.

I haven't come across it when we are away in our caravan either, but I see grammar police in action on caravan related forums, it's a feature of forums and this one is no better or worse for it.

The biggest joke is people not realising this forum is no different from many many others.

Edited by MJG

How often do you write interactively with people in 'real life'?

I can't see the spelling when I am talking with people

Richard