Motorbike stolen from Braunston bridge 90, beware!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Somebody stole my motorbike on Thursday night, from the lay-by by bridge 90 in Braunston. I stand sweet F.A. chance of ever seeing it again, which is doubly galling because I partially paid for it with £500 that was left to me by my foster dad when he passed away.

It was not an expensive, blingy or fast bike (22 year old CB750F) but I loved it and it was reliable and I had done a fair bit to it in the years I had owned it.

I suspect it was taken on a van as I still have all of the keys, including the one for the disclock that was on it, but again, as the bike was only worth about 1k, no idea why. Police aware etc (as an aside, 101 is a SHIT service. I was on hold for 30 mins before they took my call, and it was charged by my mobile network!) but aren't even bothering to send someone out, and have pretty much told me I won't see it again.

Anyway, beware when leaving vehicles in the lay-by by bridge 90, the one about 100 yards up from Midland Chandlers,.

Edited by Starcoaster

So sorry to hear this. I really really hope you do find it again - are you on Facebook? If you can get a photo and start sharing amongst people and encourage them to do the same you may have some luck. Friends managed to get their push bike back this way.

Bastards!

We had both our cars pinched when our house was burgled a few years ago.
Sh!tbags need a hand chopping off and thief branding on their forehead sad.png thankfully those idiots were caught and did a bit of time, one also got a bit of rough justice on release. For any of the bleeding hearts brigade that don't agree, till its happened to you you have no right of reply whatsoever wink.png

I have a feeling there was so something in the chron and echo this last week about a hoard of stolen bikes being found in the Daventry area sad.png

As for 101, I would have called 999 I'm afraid, a crime had been committed and no matter how slim, a patrol car may have spotted the #### that pinched it.

Feel for you sad.png

Edited by DHutch
language
  • Greenie 4

Disgraceful. I hope you either get it back or get a new one sorted out soon.

What I can't understand is the motive. This bike had no ignition key, so I assume it could not be ridden (unless it was a kick-start). It was an older model with little resale value. So if they couldn't ride it and couldn't flog it, what would they do with it?

Just a thought: could it have been thrown into the canal?

It's not in the cut, I have had a wander up and down there and the surrounding fields to check. It is heavy and hard to lift too.

I suspect it went on a van, and as my mate suggested, may now be being broken into parts. Just the back box I had on it will be worth about £80 on Ebay, and the tyres had less than 1,000 miles on them.

A lot of time spent on Ebay looking for bits of it lies in my future, I think.

Bastards!

Sh!tbags need a hand chopping off and thief branding on their forehead sad.png thankfully those idiots were caught and did a bit of time, one also got a bit of rough justice on release. For any of the bleeding hearts brigade that don't agree, till its happened to you you have no right of reply whatsoever wink.png

I have a feeling there was so something in the chron and echo this last week about a hoard of stolen bikes being found in the Daventry area sad.png

As for 101, I would have called 999 I'm afraid, a crime had been committed and no matter how slim, a patrol car may have spotted the ### that pinched it.

Feel for you sad.png

I'm not a fan of the community justice thing but when you see the wheels that are blatantly from your mates stolen R6 on ebay and only 15 miles away and the police are completely disinterested, going to collect the wheels you've "bought" at 4am seems like a fantastic idea.

Edited by DHutch

Bastards!

Sh!tbags need a hand chopping off and thief branding on their forehead :( thankfully those idiots were caught and did a bit of time, one also got a bit of rough justice on release. For any of the bleeding hearts brigade that don't agree, till its happened to you you have no right of reply whatsoever ;)

(

Had the same happen when my mothers house was burgled.....the police got quite arsey when I suggested as they were doing b***er all that I might get a few "mates" to sort it for me....it was a good few years ago now and I'm still rather mad about it! Personally I'm all for dishing out what they deserve.

Also had a friend who had a similar bike stolen from outside her house in Chesterfield....general though on that from the rest of my bike mates was it would be broken for parts before she had noticed it gone....very very annoying to say the least...if it ever happens to my Landie and I found out who had done it I know I would probably be the one who would end up behind bars.

Cheers

Gareth

Cheers

What you do with the creatures is open to much debate. Catching them is the hard bit. Seems to becoming quite acceptable to just nick stuff that's not bolted down, someone walked off with a winch from the tree fellers working on the footpath down the road, very likely to be someone local, possibly even someone I know, that's really pretty poor.

Ok, its hard to catch the scrotes who did this. But I don't see why the police can't set up tempters with trackers & camera coverage. With adequate support it should be possible to fasttrack trips to Her Majesty's accomodations for those involved.

My favourite hobby horse is the removal of the right to residence in the UK for those convicted of more than "n" offences against the general good. It has done no harm to Australia, has it?

My favourite hobby horse is the removal of the right to residence in the UK for those convicted of more than "n" offences against the general good. It has done no harm to Australia, has it?

I didn't realise that we still sent them over there.

• Greenie 1

Ok, its hard to catch the scrotes who did this. But I don't see why the police can't set up tempters with trackers & camera coverage. With adequate support it should be possible to fasttrack trips to Her Majesty's accomodations for those involved.

Do you have any evidence that the perpetrators were not British citizens? or are you just using Starry's misfortune as an opportunity to exercise xenophobic prejudice.

Edited by David Schweizer

Do you have any evidence that the perpetrators were not British citizens? or are you just using Starry's misfortune as an opportunity to exercise xenophobic prejudice.

I read it as him wanting to bring back penal transportation to Australia.

I didn't realise that we still sent them over there.

I read it as him wanting to bring back penal transportation to Australia.

That is very magnanimous of you , but I rather suspect that he is referring to the 1958 Australian Migration Act which allows Courts to deport any Non Citizen found guilty of a criminal offence.

Edited by David Schweizer

I understand what your saying but it does bring in the question of what to about those allowed to settle in the UK and indeed even more those given refugee status and then throw it back in our faces by commuting crime.

We have enough problems with UK criminals so certainly don't need anymore.

Now get this straight from now before the idiots come out from under the floorboards.

This is nothing to do with race. Do not read anything between the lines, there is nothing there.

It is merely that I feel people throwing our hospitality in our faces should have some come back.

Take your racism somewhere please, it's extremely distasteful and distracts entirely from the OP's horrible experience.

Last time my bike was stolen I'd certainly like to meet the thief .... to thank him. The replacement is a newer model with less miles and doesn't have a dangerous chain or a worrying rattle.

Take your racism somewhere please, it's extremely distasteful and distracts entirely from the OP's horrible experience.

Last time my bike was stolen I'd certainly like to meet the thief .... to thank him. The replacement is a newer model with less miles and doesn't have a dangerous chain or a worrying rattle.

God what will you do if that one when gets nicked as well. You might have to get a Loan out to buy an even better one!!!!!

Darren

It could only be you couldn't it? :(

Dangerous chain my arse, I have managed to keep my extremities in tact riding both road bikes and off road machines for many years and countless miles.

You do post some utter waffle at times. Thanking a thief indeed.....

• Greenie 1