Motorbike stolen from Braunston bridge 90, beware!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

It could only be you couldn't it? :(

You do post some utter waffle at times. Thanking a thief indeed.....

Any chance to pose as holier than thou. Or claim the moral high ground. Ever noticed he always slams the real individual whilst worshiping a theoretical <of his minds choosing> diety? This time a thief. Laughable. A veritable Viz character. Edited by mark99

How the chuffin ell did we get from a heads up about a motorbike theft to an argument about race?

Utterly priceless........

Any way sorry about the bike Starry.

Sorry to hear of your bike theft..

My sister who lives in your area had a visit from boys in blue following break in in neighbours house..apparently characters speaking in non English dialect had gone to lone woman house and apparently threatened her..and apparently there has been a spate of breaking and thefts...I'm not pointing fingers but I know police concerned and meeting held due to problems in this rural area.

I hope you get sorted...we all need to keep our eyes open but be careful..the perpetrators of some of these crimes armed with items that could quite potentially be seen as weapons.

Take care..belongings can be replaced..people cannot.

How the chuffin ell did we get from a heads up about a motorbike theft to an argument about race?

Sadly, Your question hardly needs answering :(

I understand what your saying but it does bring in the question of what to about those allowed to settle in the UK and indeed even more those given refugee status and then throw it back in our faces by commuting crime.

We have enough problems with UK criminals so certainly don't need anymore.

Now get this straight from now before the idiots come out from under the floorboards.

This is nothing to do with race. Do not read anything between the lines, there is nothing there.

It is merely that I feel people throwing our hospitality in our faces should have some come back.

You're the nearest but I didn't intend to identify a specific destination. But the Falklands would be a candidate.

You are both missing the point. My concern has nothing to do with whether non UK citozens should, or should not, be deported if found guilty of a criminal offence, but the assumption that the offender was a non UK citizen, without there being a thread of evidence to support such an assumtion.

Because System 4-50 implied that the perpetrtors were not UK Citizens, without any justification to make such a suggestion, and the "argument" is not about race, it is about Nationality.

Edited by David Schweizer

Any chance to pose as holier than thou. Or claim the moral high ground. Ever noticed he always slams the individual whilst worshiping a theoretical diety? This time a thief. Laughable.

Indeed!

3 years on from having our home broken into whilst asleep up stairs and the last thing I would do on this earth is thank the bastards that did it, regardless of where they are from.

They happened to be clueless hone grown shites, not that it damn well matters :(

You are both missing the point. My concern has nothing to do with whether non UK citozens should, or should not, be deported if found guilty of a criminal offence, but the assumption that the offender was a non UK citizen, without there being a thread of evidence to support such an assumtion.

Because System 4-50 implied that the perpetrtors were not UK Citizens, without any justification to make such a suggestion.

No I didn't. I was describing the removal of residential rights from British citizens. I apologise if my writings skills were insufficient to prevent you inferring that I was referring to others.

No I didn't. I was describing the removal of residential rights from British citizens. I apologise if my writings skills were insufficient to prevent you inferring that I was referring to others.

I accept your explanation, but it certainly didn't look like you were referring to Transportation, especially as you made no suggestion ( other than Australia) as to where any offenders migh be sent. Under Intenational Law people can only be deported back to their county of origin, which for UK citizens is the UK!

Edited by David Schweizer

Somebody stole my motorbike on Thursday night, from the lay-by by bridge 90 in Braunston. I stand sweet F.A. chance of ever seeing it again, which is doubly galling because I partially paid for it with £500 that was left to me by my foster dad when he passed away.

It was not an expensive, blingy or fast bike (22 year old CB750F) but I loved it and it was reliable and I had done a fair bit to it in the years I had owned it.

I suspect it was taken on a van as I still have all of the keys, including the one for the disclock that was on it, but again, as the bike was only worth about 1k, no idea why. Police aware etc (as an aside, 101 is a SHIT service. I was on hold for 30 mins before they took my call, and it was charged by my mobile network!) but aren't even bothering to send someone out, and have pretty much told me I won't see it again.

Anyway, beware when leaving vehicles in the lay-by by bridge 90, the one about 100 yards up from Midland Chandlers,.

Sorry to hear this Starry. What colour is is? Mileage? I'll stick a notice up in bikers cafe near here. sherburn in elmet. And coastways cafe. I go to both on occasion. Oh I still ride a Suzy jixxer 750 Edited by larkshall

It's not in the cut, I have had a wander up and down there and the surrounding fields to check. It is heavy and hard to lift too.

I suspect it went on a van, and as my mate suggested, may now be being broken into parts. Just the back box I had on it will be worth about £80 on Ebay, and the tyres had less than 1,000 miles on them.

A lot of time spent on Ebay looking for bits of it lies in my future, I think.

Really sorry to hear this. I suspect your theory of it being broken is likely. That is how lot of stolen Japanese bikes end up I believe.

101 is a shit service, fourth five mins attendance time as a mate of mine was watching a ATM being removed from a garage. I said he should have used 999. He said no, it's not life threatening. Is this true these days?

Do you have any evidence that the perpetrators were not British citizens? or are you just using Starry's misfortune as an opportunity to exercise xenophobic prejudice.

Well here is your post again.

Having read it again I still understand your point so please don,t say I'm missing the point. You are stating it's not correct to assume without evidence.

101 is a shit service, fourth five mins attendance time as a mate of mine was watching a ATM being removed from a garage. I said he should have used 999. He said no, it's not life threatening. Is this true these days?

No, you were right, he was wrong.

Even domestic arguments warrant 999 over 101.

Last time I spoke to the police and queried if it was a 101 call they advised if you have any doubt just ring 999.

There's a strong market for stuff of that age because all the Brit bikes have been restored or people who want to do a restoration can't afford the Brit parts prices.

Enter stage left the big Jap stuff from the late seventies and eighties.

Even a restored CB200 changes hands for £5K

I've had a couple of bikes nicked over the years. Mine mostly lives on a rack off the back of the boat where it's secured with straps and a thick chain. Sometimes, when I get in late and am leaving again early in the morning I leave it on the grassy bit between the towpath and the canal, on its side stand, leaning towards and virtually touching my boat. Heavy chain employed again, through the back wheel then the frame. If someone tried to nick it I'd certainly be woken up! CRT probably wouldn't take to kindly to this but it can't fall on anyone, it can only fall against my boat, because it's leaning that way.

I'm very careful about leaving it anywhere out of sight/ sound.

Mine is like yours, old and not very valuable in terms of money, but very valuable to me.

How very annoying. I suppose older bikes without electronic security systems are easier to steal - or at least sell on - because you don't need the fancy de-immobilising key.

Trouble is most people including me disconnect alarms coz of the power drain. Modern triumphs have a bad reputation for this. I use disc locks and the bike is AlphaDot marked.

'My bike IS being stolen' or 'The ATM IS being removed' = 999.

'My bike HAS been stolen' etc = 101.

There's a strong market for stuff of that age because all the Brit bikes have been restored or people who want to do a restoration can't afford the Brit parts prices.

Enter stage left the big Jap stuff from the late seventies and eighties.

Even a restored CB200 changes hands for £5K

It's true there's a strong market for Jap stuff of that age that people want to restore but not because they can't get British stuff. Anyone my age (40) and younger is unlikely to be even slightly interested in British bikes because the stuff we lusted after as teenagers was infinitely more exciting than a shonky old Triumph or a Brough Superior that looks like something someone cobbled together in a shed out of their sisters push bike and a lawnmower. A 90's CB750 isn't likely to appear on someone's list of must have bike to make factory, good bike but not a 70s CB750. Early Blades, ZXRs, YZF705s and the like though are starting to fetch money. Bikes that were desirable in the 80s have been strong for a long time.

'My bike IS being stolen' or 'The ATM IS being removed' = 999.

'My bike HAS been stolen' etc = 101.

Personal Experience - 2.00 am I've been mugged .... 999 ..... Police rush around next morning at 9.30, and decline to take the torch I'd been hit with to check for dabs because ..... "it had been a cold night so probably no sweat to leave greasy prints ..... we don't have quick enough turn round on these ...... There's no SOCO available". 3 days later I get a standard letter saying case closed due to lack of information or evidence.

Another Personal Experience - Driving along M6 following a flat bed Transit with an untethered pallet sliding around on the back. My passenger dials 101, but gives up after 45 minutes having still not spoken to a human.

Lessons learnt? ...... Until they're properly funded, and then retrained, I wouldn't bother.

He should have rung 999. It's not just for life threatening situations, it is also for use when a crime is actually in progress, which in the situation described was clearly the case.

Link to the Met Police but they all say much the same.

Starry, Have you looked on Ebay?.

When my Dahon bike got nicked, I just thought I'd have a look on the site, and low and behold, there it was!

I was given it back the next day by a very nice young police lady!

So Starry, it's always worth a look on there!

Best of luck

Nipper