Motorbike stolen from Braunston bridge 90, beware!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Yes I'm keeping an eye on Ebay for the complete bike and also certain identifiable parts of it cheers.

Really sorry to hear about the theft - are you keeping an eye on Gumtree too? I don't know anything about motorbikes but there's currently fifteen CB750s listed. Fingers crossed.

LCx

... Catching them is the hard bit. Seems to becoming quite acceptable to just nick stuff that's not bolted down, someone walked off with a winch from the tree fellers working on the footpath down the road, very likely to be someone local, possibly even someone I know, that's really pretty poor.

Very annoying it it, I think its very important not to wrongly convict someone, and while appealing at the time am actually against 'chopping of hands' etc. However I do something watch these police programs and think 'well yes, I can see why to do it' when people are getting £250 fine for not having insurance for two years, etc.

Daniel

It's true there's a strong market for Jap stuff of that age that people want to restore but not because they can't get British stuff. Anyone my age (40) and younger is unlikely to be even slightly interested in British bikes because the stuff we lusted after as teenagers was infinitely more exciting than a shonky old Triumph or a Brough Superior that looks like something someone cobbled together in a shed out of their sisters push bike and a lawnmower. A 90's CB750 isn't likely to appear on someone's list of must have bike to make factory, good bike but not a 70s CB750. Early Blades, ZXRs, YZF705s and the like though are starting to fetch money. Bikes that were desirable in the 80s have been strong for a long time.

According to MCN, that cb750 is popular in the former Baltic States, and Poland. I wonder if it's already abroad, alas

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is interesting!

I had a call from Northamptonshire police today with some information. The officer said that someone had reported what looked like a dumped bike that was a bit ropy-looking (when I asked she clarified that the witness described damage in-keeping with attempts to hot wire the bike) on a residential road in Warwickshire a few days ago, and the bike matched the description of mine.

So the police went to look at the bike and informed the owner (me), right? Wrong! They did nothing until the member of the public who had first reported it phoned in again to say that someone in a car had returned to the bike, hot wired it and rode it away. Said member of the public (whom I am now referring to as my New Best Friend) called the police again to report that they witnessed the bike being hot wired, and also, providing the registration of the car that the hot wirer came out of.

The police have now taken a formal witness statement from me about the theft (nope, they didn't do this at the time-they never even came out or asked me to come in) and are investigating the ownership of the car that was involved.

So dopey Mutley didn't break the bike down for parts or export it abroad, and is actually enough of a numbnuts to still be using it, just a few miles up the road from where he nicked it from...

Funnily enough, they won't tell me where in Warwick this is all going down...

Edited by Starcoaster

Here's hoping for you, but what an absolute bugger they did not take suitable action on the first report they got.

At least they have apparently managed to have enough of a system to link what is probably a stolen bike to somebody who has actually reported one stolen, so there does seem to be someone involved with at least a few brain cells, hopefully!

Funnily enough, they won't tell me where in Warwick this is all going down...

I'd start with the nearest bit to Braunston if I were you.

The bad news is than the car numbnuts parked when he drove off on yer bike was probably hot wired and nicked too...

I would have thought you had grounds to raise a complaint regarding failures on their part?

That's the most amusing post on the entire forum.

Have you ever made a complaint against the police?

Starcoaster: I sincerely hope you manage to get reunited with your bike, despite the efforts of Northamptonshire Constabulary.

Edited by NilesMI