Serious Incident - Shropshire Union Nr Chester 11/03/2015

Colin Smith

Featured Posts

Whatever the underlying causes and whichever camp you are in (feckless vs unstable), I think it sensible to try to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Given the woman's apparent lack of remorse (even denial of events), temporarily disabling the boat while investigations continue would seem a reasonable option.

Whatever the underlying causes and whichever camp you are in (feckless vs unstable), I think it sensible to try to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Given the woman's apparent lack of remorse (even denial of events), temporarily disabling the boat while investigations continue would seem a reasonable option.

That may be sensible, but is there such a law within CRT's remit, to allow this?

That may be sensible, but is there such a law within CRT's remit, to allow this?

I was thinking of the police rather than CRT, assuming that criminal investigations are in hand.

(Edited because I couldn't spell "than".)

Edited by Willber G

Steady on. She hasn't killed anyone!

Nor have people who moor a bit to long in one place or just not move as much as others , funny you don't say steady on , when dealing with them ,

Why would you of all people try to minimise this womans actions.

Then, after 14 days of it not being moved C&RT could section 8 the boat and remove it from the waterways.

Although there may be a defence under the 1995 Act :

"...........without remaining continuously in any one place for more than 14 days or such longer period as is reasonable in the circumstances".

Then, after 14 days of it not being moved C&RT could section 8 the boat and remove it from the waterways.

Although there may be a defence under the 1995 Act :

"...........without remaining continuously in any one place for more than 14 days or such longer period as is reasonable in the circumstances".

....Except she's not a CCer, read the detail properly.

Do they have navigable waterways in the worlds 'largest cat litter tray' as my father in law called Saudi?

Suez canal? I know it's Egypt's but I think a Saudi border goes to the eastern edge but not entirely sure. If not I guess they just have the red sea on the Western edge of the country.

Edited by churchward

Do they have navigable waterways in the worlds 'largest cat litter tray' as my father in law called Saudi?

A couple of Irish builder friends of mine went to Saudi Arabia on holiday. They felt very intimidated by all the sand, and decided to terminate their holiday before the cement arrived.

• Greenie 1

The new T&Cs impose the same conditions on those with a home mooring - there have been several threads about them

Not while actually on their home mooring which is where I presumed the boat would be sited.

The new T&Cs impose the same conditions on those with a home mooring - there have been several threads about them

Do you HONESTLY believe the quoted section of the law, applies here and now??????

1. They're PROPOSED DRAFT amendments, not finalised

2. They don't come into effect yet

3. The wording of the proposed T&C changes is not the same as the law, nor does it refer to it

4. The law you quoted ONLY applies to CCers, there is an either/or choice in the declaration.

I guess you could say what you said, but its somewhat scaremongering, and somewhat misleading too.

A couple of Irish builder friends of mine went to Saudi Arabia on holiday. They felt very intimidated by all the sand, and decided to terminate their holiday before the cement arrived.

Certainly a helluva beach

That's a different story in a different part of the country, this occurred on the SU in Cheshire.

I think she means that there is a precedent for this type of incident rather than it is the same one.

That's a different story in a different part of the country, this occurred on the SU in Cheshire.

oh I know it's a different story, but atleast this boater didn't get away with it, so maybe the offender in question will have to deal with consequences to her actions.