Canals and alcohol

Felshampo

Featured Posts

My fear on the legalisation of marijuana is it is a relatively safe drug and by bringing it into establishment control it becomes part of normal society.

When the young want to kick against society, today lots smoke a bit of weed and think they are rebels, what will they use to rebel if grass is part of society, I dread to think.

• Greenie 1

If you stopped being Mr Angry and stopped ranting at everyone who disagrees with any of your points you might gain some support, for some of your ideas. As it is you put peoples backs up by your aggressive manner

How is what I'm saying ranting, but what you are saying is not? Serious question. You and few others have made an argument based on information that is factually incorrect. I have told you it is incorrect and you choose to argue that you are right and I am wrong, while I am doing exactly the same thing.

So how is it that I'm Mr. Angry and your Mr. Mellow? Granted, I'm blunt and straightforward and I call BS for what it is, but how does that make me angry? We are having a discussion/debate, aren't we? Do you expect me to agree with you when I know you are wrong? Is it just the act of telling you you're wrong that makes me angry? There's a big difference between being adamant and being angry.

I honestly have no interest in gaining support from someone like you. Maybe that is a piss-poor attitude on my part, and I'm sure my attitude is reflected in how I respond. I think it is obvious from your attitude, though, that you are not the least bit interested in even listening to information that conflicts with your thinking in this matter. Your mind is made up, that's all there is to it. You're not about to let a bunch of pesky facts conflict with your prejudices. I suppose I could try to nicely persuade you that you are wrong, but that would be a fool's errand because your mind is made up. Lacking any motivation to be persuasive towards you, I simply reply to your misinformation by challenging it. But that doesn't make me angry.

I seriously do not understand how, in this debate, I'm angry and you're not. We're both doing and saying the same (opposite) things the same way. How is one supposed to address misinformation except on a point-by-point basis?

How is what I'm saying ranting, but what you are saying is not? Serious question. You and few others have made an argument based on information that is factually incorrect. I have told you it is incorrect and you choose to argue that you are right and I am wrong, while I am doing exactly the same thing.

So how is it that I'm Mr. Angry and your Mr. Mellow? Granted, I'm blunt and straightforward and I call BS for what it is, but how does that make me angry? We are having a discussion/debate, aren't we? Do you expect me to agree with you when I know you are wrong? Is it just the act of telling you you're wrong that makes me angry? There's a big difference between being adamant and being angry.

I honestly have no interest in gaining support from someone like you. Maybe that is a piss-poor attitude on my part, and I'm sure my attitude is reflected in how I respond. I think it is obvious from your attitude, though, that you are not the least bit interested in even listening to information that conflicts with your thinking in this matter. Your mind is made up, that's all there is to it. You're not about to let a bunch of pesky facts conflict with your prejudices. I suppose I could try to nicely persuade you that you are wrong, but that would be a fool's errand because your mind is made up. Lacking any motivation to be persuasive towards you, I simply reply to your misinformation by challenging it. But that doesn't make me angry.

I seriously do not understand how, in this debate, I'm angry and you're not. We're both doing and saying the same (opposite) things the same way. How is one supposed to address misinformation except on a point-by-point basis?

Q.E.D.

• Greenie 1

I have told you it is incorrect and you choose to argue that you are right and I am wrong, while I am doing exactly the same thing.

Just as a matter of interest why is you saying somebody is wrong any more believable than them saying you are wrong?

I never ceased to be amazed at what people would imbibe for kicks when I was a serving police officer.

One day we caught two lads, one drinking battery acid and the other eating fireworks.

We charged one, but let the other off.

• Greenie 1

I never ceased to be amazed at what people would imbibe for kicks when I was a serving police officer.

One day we caught two lads, one drinking battery acid and the other eating fireworks.

clapping.gif

My fear on the legalisation of marijuana is it is a relatively safe drug and by bringing it into establishment control it becomes part of normal society.

When the young want to kick against society, today lots smoke a bit of weed and think they are rebels, what will they use to rebel if grass is part of society, I dread to think.

Lets hope they dont start using their brains to rebel against society or were all stuffed.biggrin.png

You get a greenie for that!

Was that the same day all the toilets were stolen from your nick??

;-)

We like a drink on the move, when the sun shines.

I make my own wine, because we drink more than we can afford to buy in the pub.

Any one who thinks an RV should be compared to a Narrow boat etc. should not be taken too seriously.

Let's all go for a pint to think this out.

I have told you it is incorrect and you choose to argue that you are right and I am wrong, while I am doing exactly the same thing.

Just as a matter of interest why is you saying somebody is wrong any more believable than them saying you are wrong?

Because what I am saying can be substantiated with scientific proof, while what they are saying is drug war propaganda with absolutely no basis in fact. How many times did I ask those disagreeing with me to post links to scientific studies that substantiate their viewpoint? How many people provided any proof whatsoever of their allegations? (None.) All I got was, "everyone knows..." and "Do your own research.".

I have been debunking drug war propaganda for many years. It just happens that the facts are on my side. Apparently facts just get in the way for some people, and there are those who are simply too insecure to be able to admit that they are wrong.

When the truth won't do, something's wrong!

• Greenie 1

Was that the same day all the toilets were stolen from your nick??

;-)

Yessir! A difficult case - we had nothing to go on. Eye thank yew.

Angus Prune show 1970 something?

Do you know the difference between a policeman's truncheon and a magicians wand?

If you use the Journal of Neuroscience search facility and type in "cannabis" you will find several studies which suggest that cannabis use causes changes to the brain. I'm sure that there even more which describe changes caused by alcohol, but the point that I am making is that such scientific studies do exist.

p.s when I was typing this the o.p. was reading this topic - the rascal!

Edited by billS

If you use the Journal of Neuroscience search facility and type in "cannabis" you will find several studies which suggest that cannabis use causes changes to the brain. I'm sure that there even more which describe changes caused by alcohol, but the point that I am making is that such scientific studies do exist.

p.s when I was typing this the o.p. was reading this topic - the rascal!

This was a recent Harvard study althougth the number of test subjects was quite low

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10768847/Even-casual-use-of-cannabis-alters-brain-warn-scientists.html

Yessir! A difficult case - we had nothing to go on. Eye thank yew.

Angus Prune show 1970 something?

Do you know the difference between a policeman's truncheon and a magicians wand?

Pedant alert!!!!

Aurther Askey: http://www.nndb.com/people/086/000107762/

Comedy partner with Richard Murdoch, for decades a household name in Britain. Starting as a standup comic, he was star of the early radio sitcom, Bandwagon. Askey is the originator of some ubiquitous catch phrases, including "Ay-Thang-Yew" (later used with effect by Mike Myers in Austin Powers), "Before Your Very Eyes!", "Hello, Playmates!", "Move along the bus please", and "Doesn't it make you want to spit?" Towards the end of his life both legs were amputated due to circulation problems.

Edited by Ray T

Pedant alert!!!!

Aurther Askey: http://www.nndb.com/people/086/000107762/

Comedy partner with Richard Murdoch, for decades a household name in Britain. Starting as a standup comic, he was star of the early radio sitcom, Bandwagon. Askey is the originator of some ubiquitous catch phrases, including "Ay-Thang-Yew" (later used with effect by Mike Myers in Austin Powers), "Before Your Very Eyes!", "Hello, Playmates!", "Move along the bus please", and "Doesn't it make you want to spit?" Towards the end of his life both legs were amputated due to circulation problems.

And he was very short to start with.

:)