Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

So if its all going that successfully, why arent you paying the money owed which CRT can use for repairs and maintenance. ?

Not silly question I presume....

I would tend to agree that there is a lot of speculative stuff on here re the management etc. However I'm drawn to the copy of the nasty diabolical letter that was sent by the marina to the previous customers that was copied earlier in this thread. It's not helpful to the marina's management "case".

Edited by mark99

As regard to the people on here who want to make negative remarks towards Paul Lillie, firstly I would like you to get your facts straight about his parents leaving the marina;

1, There are always 2 sides to a story and if anyone knows John Lillie they will know he has rather a violent temper and is not a reasonable man. So don't believe all you hear about how and why he left the marina after upsetting many boaters and many members of his own family-who at present none of his 3 children speak to him anymore regarding issues with him so work that out for all yourselves. (Personally I feel sorry for his wife who has to put up with his temper tantrums still at he age of 68 years old).

2, Paul did spend many hours and much hard to work both in setting up the business from day one and he has been successful in keeping things running smoothly after many set backs and many "trolls" trying to interfere and saying negative, untrue comments about Pilling's Lock Marina. Paul now employs many very competent and helpful staff here- a few being his family members who all work well in the successful running of the business. (And 1 Law student who has been an asset to the Marina).

3, The majority of the Marina's residents and users are all very happy with the service and they all clearly have very happy, eventful lives so therefore do not need to post silly comments on this Forum. (And they have been very supportive towards Paul).

4, The publicity has majorly benefited the Boat House restaurant which continues to thrive even in this economic crisis plus the boat sales and boat hire and apartment rentals have also continued to increase immensely.

So lets Stick the facts and the subject being the CRT fee and stop getting personal and making un-called for negative, untrue comments on here and all go out and get a life, because surely you all have way too much time on your hands and don't have much of a life if you are continually posting unnecessary comments on here.

If any of you have any other doubts please come down the the Marina for yourself and make your own judgments, and please ignore to few "trolls" on here who seriously have issues and need to get over their bitterness and try and say something positive in life! is it a wonder why you have had bad experiences with attitudes like that?

Happy Boating! smile.png

Welcome Help at hand. A different perspective is always helpful.

May I ask, which side of the entrance are you planning to be when the piling goes in on April 13th? Or don't you believe it will happen?

Thanks,

MtB

As regard to the people on here who want to make negative remarks towards Paul Lillie, firstly I would like you to get your facts straight about his parents leaving the marina;

1, There are always 2 sides to a story and if anyone knows John Lillie they will know he has rather a violent temper and is not a reasonable man. So don't believe all you hear about how and why he left the marina after upsetting many boaters and many members of his own family-who at present none of his 3 children speak to him anymore regarding issues with him so work that out for all yourselves. (Personally I feel sorry for his wife who has to put up with his temper tantrums still at he age of 68 years old).

2, Paul did spend many hours and much hard to work both in setting up the business from day one and he has been successful in keeping things running smoothly after many set backs and many "trolls" trying to interfere and saying negative, untrue comments about Pilling's Lock Marina. Paul now employs many very competent and helpful staff here- a few being his family members who all work well in the successful running of the business. (And 1 Law student who has been an asset to the Marina).

3, The majority of the Marina's residents and users are all very happy with the service and they all clearly have very happy, eventful lives so therefore do not need to post silly comments on this Forum. (And they have been very supportive towards Paul).

4, The publicity has majorly benefited the Boat House restaurant which continues to thrive even in this economic crisis plus the boat sales and boat hire and apartment rentals have also continued to increase immensely.

So lets Stick the facts and the subject being the CRT fee and stop getting personal and making un-called for negative, untrue comments on here and all go out and get a life, because surely you all have way too much time on your hands and don't have much of a life if you are continually posting unnecessary comments on here.

If any of you have any other doubts please come down the the Marina for yourself and make your own judgments, and please ignore to few "trolls" on here who seriously have issues and need to get over their bitterness and try and say something positive in life! is it a wonder why you have had bad experiences with attitudes like that?

Happy Boating! smile.png

Come on then - lets stick to the facts-

Moorers have paid the NAA fee within their mooring fees and it hasn't been paid to CRT- Fact!.

So how can the residents all be happy with the service when the NAA hasn't been paid and their futures have been placed in this situation. If someone had collected money from me and witheld - I wouldn't be happy with the service by any means and would certainly want my money back- That's sticking to the facts.

As you feel so strongly in defending the behaviour of PL- perhaps you could provide some facts- Do you moor there, have you any connection to PL, have you paid NAA fees that havent been paid to CRT??? etc etc..............

• Greenie 1

As you feel so strongly in defending the behaviour of PL- perhaps you could provide some facts- Do you moor there, have you any connection to PL, have you paid NAA fees that havent been paid to CRT??? etc etc..............

Looks like Help at hand has better things to do with her time than answer silly questions on the internet like this.

MtB

Happy Boating! :)

The gift that just keeps on giving!!

Moorers have paid the NAA fee within their mooring fees and it hasn't been paid to CRT- Fact!.

So how can the residents all be happy with the service when the NAA hasn't been paid and their futures have been placed in this situation. If someone had collected money from me and witheld - I wouldn't be happy with the service by any means and would certainly want my money back- That's sticking to the facts.

Agreed it's ludicrous to believe boaters losing money would be happy. Having said that many seemed to be easily fobbed off with the Pillings management excuses putting the blame for their inadequate management and debt on C&RT, so I would suggest that boaters in the marina are either being mislead (brainwashed) or they are all extremely rich and gullible to be happy losing money.

• Greenie 1

[quote name="Help at hand" post=

"The publicity has majorly benefited the Boat House restaurant which continues to thrive even in this economic crisis plus the boat and boat hire and apartment rentals have also continued to increase immensely."

I'm glad that this part of the business has thrived but what a shame that this "immense increase" couldn't have helped him supplement the portion of the moorings fee that the boaters paid him so that he could pay CRT.

Without the marina and the boats how many people do you think would visit a restaurant in a field.

Ditto

[quote name="Help at hand" post=

"The publicity has majorly benefited the Boat House restaurant which continues to thrive even in this economic crisis plus the boat and boat hire and apartment rentals have also continued to increase immensely."

I'm glad that this part of the business has thrived but what a shame that this "immense increase" couldn't have helped him supplement the portion of the moorings fee that the boaters paid him so that he could pay CRT.

Without the marina and the boats how many people do you think would visit a restaurant in a field.

Aren't these type of enterprises often run as separate businesses though and by different people?

They often just rent the accommodation in the marina's and 'cross subsidy' wouldn't/couldn't happen. (I don't know about the specifics at Pillings but this is often how it works in other marinas by my understanding.)

Edited by The Dog House

Just out of interest - when this all goes to the meeting about liquidating and any subsequent proceedings, will it become public knowledge just how much money the directors and shareholders have taken out of the business in say the last couple of years?

Happy Boating! smile.png

This is an interesting post. Help at hand refers to PLM as "here", rather than there, and Hah has the same habit as Paul Lillie of using frequent parenthesis. Hah also seems to know a whole lot about the inner workings of PLM, and has an almost sycophantic admiration of Paul Lillie. To top it all off, Hah carries on about what a successful business PLM is - they just went into receivership - helllllooooo!

Just sayin'........

• Greenie 1

This is an interesting post. Help at hand refers to PLM as "here", rather than there, and Hah has the same habit as Paul Lillie of using frequent parenthesis. Hah also seems to know a whole lot about the inner workings of PLM, and has an almost sycophantic admiration of Paul Lillie. To top it all off, Hah carries on about what a successful business PLM is - they just went into receivership - helllllooooo!

Just sayin'........

You're not the only one to notice that. I also still have my suspicions about one of the others in this thread not being who they say they are (or rather being who they say they aren't).

Happy Boating! smile.png

I think the judgement has already been made - in court.

Sign an agreement, pay whats due. Don't move the goalposts just because you are crap at football

I think I'm about done with this thread, everything worth saying has been said so many times, and the people who have paid their dues to Pilling Lock Marina can't seem to understand that rather than pass on whats due to C&RT, the marina has pocketed their money and now proposes to liquidate the company so they can avoid their debts. And keep YOUR money. If you are happy with that, then as you say - Happy Boating in the lake.

• Greenie 3

You're not the only one to notice that. I also still have my suspicions about one of the others in this thread not being who they say they are (or rather being who they say they aren't).

It wouldn't be the first time that duplicate ID's have cropped up in threads like this either. Even the mod's checking out things like IP addresses wouldn't reveal them as it's not actually that hard to falsify that these days.

I think the judgement has already been made - in court.

Sign an agreement, pay whats due. Don't move the goalposts just because you are crap at football

I think I'm about done with this thread, everything worth saying has been said so many times, and the people who have paid their dues to Pilling Lock Marina can't seem to understand that rather than pass on whats due to C&RT, the marina has pocketed their money and now proposes to liquidate the company so they can avoid their debts. And keep YOUR money. If you are happy with that, then as you say - Happy Boating in the lake.

I would say its a pond.

We can have doubts that can't possibly be allayed by visiting the marina.

Are you disputing that the operators of the marina signed up to a deal where they should be paying the NAA fee to BW/CRT, but have not been doing so?

If the marina management have been collecting mooring fees from tennants, as well as payment for long term leases, then they should have been paying what they agreed to pay BW/CRT when they entered into a commercial arrangement with them.

End of, as far as I'm concerned.

To defend them is to defend the indefensible, surely?

in reply to HAH, some of that is true, as is the fact that just before Christmas, PL called all his staff to a meeting and told them that they were getting a pay rise,.......10p an hour! Then on the next payday-no payrise for at least one member of staff! nothing changes

...... Paul now employs many very competent and helpful staff here- a few being his family members who all work well in the successful running of the business...

Presumably, you are a member of his family working well to ensure the successful running of the business.

The measurement of success seems unusual by normal standards but if having the core element of the business converted from a marina to a landlocked pond by a creditor of the business is such a measurement then clearly the running of the business has been very successful.

Pillngs Lock Pond has a nice ring to it though.