Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I am starting to find the public one way spat between a father and son a bit uncomfortable.

Or unseemly anyway....

Paul Lillie is getting in his digs against John, either directly or through surrogates. John does seem to try to appear objective, but his emotions do creep through.

There's a saying among arbitragers that you always leave the other side with taxi fare home. The Lilies seem to practice more of a slash and burn philosophy.

What's really sad about this whole situation is Paul Lillie's seeming unwillingness to face reality. He seems to think that, if he keeps saying things are rosy enough times, then rosy they shall be. It's like a total disconnect from reality, and that's really bad for the occupants of PLM.

What's really sad about this whole situation is Paul Lillie's seeming unwillingness to face reality. He seems to think that, if he keeps saying things are rosy enough times, then rosy they shall be. It's like a total disconnect from reality, and that's really bad for the occupants of PLM.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

J Goebbels Esq.

As a moorer at Pillings may I say thanks to all those messages of support - we are not all mugs but honest folk who decided to moor here in good faith.

There is only one thing wrong with Pillings Lock Marina and that is Paul Lillie - I fervently hope that the Liquidators use all their powers against him (including criminal prosecution if possible).

I have already made arrangements to move elsewhere but there are many who are far more exposed than myself & my sympathies go to them.

Does anyone know where and at what time the Creditor's Meeting is to take place?

• Greenie 2

he started it- ref famous FB rant earlier!

As one father to another, and as one seasoned citizen to another, it is up to you to end it, John.

The up side to being the bigger man is that it not only gives you the upper hand, but it takes a lot of stress off your wife and that will take a lot of stress off of you.

• Greenie 2

It wouldn't be the first time that duplicate ID's have cropped up in threads like this either. Even the mod's checking out things like IP addresses wouldn't reveal them as it's not actually that hard to falsify that these days.

I need a computer whizzo to answer this one, but I believe that anyone using the marina's Wi-Fi would show up the same IP address.

I need a computer whizzo to answer this one, but I believe that anyone using the marina's Wi-Fi would show up the same IP address.

Good point but I'm not sure either TBH - Gibbo once did a good explanation about IP addresses though as I seem to recall they were traceable down to individual PC's, but my memory is possibly faulty.

I will see if I can unearth it

But anyone at the marina using a smartphone, tablet or 3G / cellular wifi dongle would have a unique and possibly dynamic IP address if the device is not permanently switched on.

As one father to another, and as one seasoned citizen to another, it is up to you to end it, John.

The up side to being the bigger man is that it not only gives you the upper hand, but it takes a lot of stress off your wife and that will take a lot of stress off of you.

Yankee man, him talk heap big sense.

Have a Greeno, bud.

I disagree with that Paul. Wouldn't the bigger man be; 1) not interested in having the upper hand; 2) not interested in being the bigger man?

The perception of "bigger man" being in the judgement of observers entirely

• Greenie 1

If this marina fails does that mean that CRT will reopen the on line long term moorings they supposedly closed.

Maybe we just need more on line moorings so CRT can get their money direct rather than as a byproduct of a private business who can apparently choose not to pay

I disagree with that Paul. Wouldn't the bigger man be; 1) not interested in having the upper hand; 2) not interested in being the bigger man?

The perception of "bigger man" being in the judgement of observers entirely

To be a Bodhisattva, one must forsake Nirvana, and yet, the goal of every Bodhisattva is to help others find the path there. The Bodhisattva does not seek to be known as a wise and learned man, he seeks to be a teacher, but, in teaching, he becomes known as a wise and learned man.

There are certain things that just naturally come along with decisions we make about the course we take in life.

Then again, "being the bigger man" may not mean the same thing to me as it does to you. To me, in this instance, it means rising above the animosity and putting that aside.

As a moorer at Pillings may I say thanks to all those messages of support - we are not all mugs but honest folk who decided to moor here in good faith.

There is only one thing wrong with Pillings Lock Marina and that is Paul Lillie - I fervently hope that the Liquidators use all their powers against him (including criminal prosecution if possible).

I have already made arrangements to move elsewhere but there are many who are far more exposed than myself & my sympathies go to them.

Does anyone know where and at what time the Creditor's Meeting is to take place?

Welcome to the forum. I dont think we yet know of the where & when, other than it's the 3rd or 4th Feb. Soz, its buried somewhere in this massive thread.

Good luck with your mooring.

To be a Bodhisattva, one must forsake Nirvana, and yet, the goal of every Bodhisattva is to help others find the path there. The Bodhisattva does not seek to be known as a wise and learned man, he seeks to be a teacher, but, in teaching, he becomes known as a wise and learned man.

There are certain things that just naturally come along with decisions we make about the course we take in life.

Then again, "being the bigger man" may not mean the same thing to me as it does to you. To me, in this instance, it means rising above the animosity and putting that aside.

i like the cut of your jib mrG

Interesting.

But

Where does having the upper hand come into the theory then?