BCN Challenge 2014 - 24 & 25th May

junior

Featured Posts

Ok I'm not even in Birmingham yet and I've had 2 different people shout "come on the baggies" at me. I hope this is not going to go on all weekend!

Ok so I'm looking on my Nicholsons, where is the NIA?

Ah just realised with your boat name you have a problem that the rest of don't, good luck with that!

The NIA is opposite the Sea Life Centre at Old Turn, go through Gas St Basin, under Broad St, past Bridley Place on left, ICC on right, and you come to Old Turn.

NIA%2C_Birmingham.jpg

Edited by john6767

Perry Barr Locks closed until further notice!! They may be OK by Saturday but won't know just yet. Fingers crossed.

Oooh, that's going to cause some lost sleep!

Richard

Three ways

Richard

Not really, in practice. If you go up Garrison you get to the GU and there is no scoring for Ashtead etc so whilst you could go 3 ways, why would you want to do some miles and locks on zero score?

Not really, in practice. If you go up Garrison you get to the GU and there is no scoring for Ashtead etc so whilst you could go 3 ways, why would you want to do some miles and locks on zero score?

Digbeth Branch Canal and Ashtead Locks 1 mile, 6 locks, 2 Bonus Factor

It's in the B&F plus Digbeth Branch section on page 1

Richard

Have a wander back the way you came, up the steps and along Broad street. Go left and you have the new library. Go right and you get a different kind of culture

Richard

We're going to do some planning?! ohmy.png

Yeah, like how we're going to get from our mystery starting point to Hawne Basin with minimum disruption to our original plan of maxo sleep, beeer and food? Plan A is destroyed, kaput, in tatters I tell 'ee ...

Right back to Spiers anf Boden. Jon Boden has had his hair cut off; probably best, the folk combover wasn't cutting it....

Have a wander back the way you came, up the steps and along Broad street. Go left and you have the new library. Go right and you get a different kind of culture

Richard

Mostly that grown in Petri dishes in labs. Edited by wrigglefingers

Yeah, lile how we're going to get from our mystery starting point to Hawne Basin with minimum disruption to our original plan of maxo sleep, beeer and food? Plan A is destroyed, kaput, in tatters I tell 'ee ...

Phew. I can get with that plan.

Is waiting till Thursday and coming up with Diesel and Dust an option, or will this mean you can't get to your desired starting point in time.

If not we can probably give you a hand, what time would you like to start.

We could probably help both up on Thursday morning if that works for you.

Sue

Only just picked up on this but if anyone wants to help us up Hatton tomorrow morning starting from about 9ish all help would be welcome!

Perry Barr Locks closed until further notice!! They may be OK by Saturday but won't know just yet. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know any more about this? Is it likely they will be open by Saturday? If not major re planning required!

Pate all done and chilling 8 x regular chilli pate and 8 x hot chilli pate.

The regular is made up of the usual pate ingredients chicken liver, onion, garlic, and of course chilli, then flambé with Martell Brandy, the hot is the same more chilli but flambé up with Jura whiskey.

If you fancy some just holler when you see me, although my route is ruined due to perry barr locks sad.png

PATE (Small)

Only just picked up on this but if anyone wants to help us up Hatton tomorrow morning starting from about 9ish all help would be welcome!

Does anyone know any more about this? Is it likely they will be open by Saturday? If not major re planning required!

I am in communication with Ian Lane who is temporary CRT area manager for the region. He has promised to keep me informed of progress on the Perry Barr Locks situation & I will post as soon as I hear from him.

I am in communication with Ian Lane who is temporary CRT area manager for the region. He has promised to keep me informed of progress on the Perry Barr Locks situation & I will post as soon as I hear from him.

So probably best to have a "B" plan in case they are still out!!

Oh yes you're right, although according to Ian's map there is a non-scoring bit but it's only 0.5 miles.

Thanks, btw, your comment made me notice I'd misnamed the junctions around that area. Given the usual level of pedantry around here (not a complaint, I'm all for pedantry) I'm surprised it went unremarked this long. Corrected now.