Sod anyone else

Tuscan

Featured Posts

But what if it starts up between 20:00 and 08:00?

Ah, Chris Pink once asked the same pertinent question. Integral to the control system is a timer that prohibits the auto-start feature between these hours. Also, unless we were to use excessive electrical power during the evening, once charged during the day, the batteries retain enough energy to cater for our needs until the next day and that includes my curling tongues.

Edited by Doorman

Surely that is TONGS unless you are blessed in ways we can't even imagine. LOL

Lol, the wonders of modern technology!

These IPad thingies have a habit of predicting text and I have a habit of not proof reading my posts. Doh!

I shall leave it unedited just for fun, well spotted.

I prefer the sound of a gennie or splashing water cooled exhaust to that of those pesky 'pan pipe' groups that were all the rage in city Centre's a few years back.

Sorry......... I was just reading & thinking of a top ten most annoying sounds........ here goes (it's raining so a bit of fun).

1. Teenagers

2. Ice Cream vans in winter

3. David Cameron

4. 'Unexptected item in bagging area'

5. Screeching alternator belts.

6. Pan pipe groups

7. 'Slow the f@&£ down!'

8. Old men who moan about every pint they have poured in any pub ANYWHERE!

9. C&RT strimmers

10. the central heating system kicking in at home GULP!

10a. Windlass........ splosh......... Noooooooooooooooooo

Keep warm & safe everyone.

PS- 10.b DUBSTEP!................ with the greatest respect........ i do not get it

Edited by Lady Muck

1. Price of diesel

2. Ed Balls

3. 'Unexpected item in baggage area'

4. Young children at the bar

5. Gastro pubs with piped music

6. Badly tied boat moaners

7. Loud gennies

8. Arrogance

9. Met office forecasts

10. Lack of dredging

Not to far apart

Ten annoying sounds? Warning Adult content lol

1. 'Ahhhh! f£&@£kit! kicking table leg with poor toesies'

2. 'Ahhhh bollucks! hitting head on closed hatch!'

3. 'Stewart, where's the whaever-it-is-she-is-missing cause I always ALWAYS get the blame!'

4. Sound of dog peeing on someone else's mooring pin.

5. "F&@£ off!", sound of dog being found out!

6. Being on the K&A and forever being told tales of gloom by 'Dad's Army' impersonators

7. People saying things like "ok if you close it?" as they merrily jump onto their boat leaving me with an open electronic swing bridge, a queue, and no key to hand!

8. The sound of the know-it-all in the marina sounding off about all things he blatantly knows nuffing about! (Sigh! .... never mind)

9. The sound I make when I press the wrong button on the keyboard and yet again confine my important post into the shitheap of eternity!

10. the realisation that I dont count .... :(

Edited by Lady Muck

I prefer the sound of a gennie or splashing water cooled exhaust to that of those pesky 'pan pipe' groups that were all the rage in city Centre's a few years back.

Allways wondered about those groups no matter where in the world they all look the same all play the same, are they a franchise or cloned, something strange with them anyway.

Tea lights, the glow from the stove, kettle on top. What ells could you need until morning?

And as for disturbances; A friendly "Hello! Late home from work tonight?" should sort it. If not, a smartphone is a great tool to take angry notes. To chuckle at after breakfast.

Life's to short.

And the wonderful thing about boats is you can just move house although I take on board some of the commentslaugh.png

The ominous Thud thud thud thud thud trip! thud thud thud of the blasted jogger.

And if you are a happy, carefree and jovial type of person and are fed up with being so and wish to become deeply deeply depressed and suicidal simply get a copy of Mike Oldfields ''Tubular bells'', this appallingly boring and monotonous racket will surely be right up your street.

• Greenie 1

The ominous Thud thud thud thud thud trip! thud thud thud of the blasted jogger.

And if you are a happy, carefree and jovial type of person and are fed up with being so and wish to become deeply deeply depressed and suicidal simply get a copy of Mike Oldfields ''Tubular bells'', this appallingly boring and monotonous racket will surely be right up your street.

That's the worst music he ever made, I'd almost forgotten about how much I disliked it at the time, and still do now.

Peter.

, OH YES,I for got that album,..(I bet we all had a copy though).

Next to our Bay City Rollers , & The Long horned,one eyed giant purple people eater,& who could forget , je tombe (the French song that went on a bit),,jean michell jar.

Oh I need a headache tablet.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

, OH YES,I for got that album,..(I bet we all had a copy though).

Next to our Bay City Rollers , & The Long horned,one eyed giant purple people eater,& who could forget , je tombe (the French song that went on a bit),,jean michell jar.

Oh I need a headache tablet.

'Fraid so......Want a copy of T.B. in excelent condition?

The people eater was better than the road hog song. Beep Beep, Beep Beep. his horn went Beep Beep Beep.

Edited by Taslim

Back to OP, I beat you because here it is, 00:05 outside the Plough, Huddlesford and a chap who seems to be permanently ensconced on the offside at the bridge is still running his genny. I'll admit its a fairly quiet genny and not that loud for us, but glad we are not moored a couple of boats back right opposite. He is watching telly and presumably has no batteries, though you would think that for the cost of running a petrol genny all night he could instead buy some batteries!

Back to OP, I beat you because here it is, 00:05 outside the Plough, Huddlesford and a chap who seems to be permanently ensconced on the offside at the bridge is still running his genny. I'll admit its a fairly quiet genny and not that loud for us, but glad we are not moored a couple of boats back right opposite. He is watching telly and presumably has no batteries, though you would think that for the cost of running a petrol genny all night he could instead buy some batteries!

Must be a Huddlesford thing, we were ther the other week and at the LHCR do and the boat ahead ran his engine at about 6-30am and then again until about 11pm

I agree with Fudd, only one of these is a legitimate reason.

2,3,4 are not excuses for being a nuisance to others.

As someone who used to work dealing with noise nuisance, in most areas it's not the police who deal with this, it's the local council. The legislation used to enforce is generally section 79/80 of the Environmental Protection Act. This act was clearly not written with boats in mind regarding noise as it only refers to 'noise emitted from premises' and 'noise...caused by a vehicle, equipment or machinery in the street'. This means that councils may be reluctant to take action depending on their interpretation of the word 'premises'.

A way around this is to go to the local police station and ask if a bobby can accompany you as you would expect the offending person to cause a breach of the peace by his reaction. This is valid as if he had any consideration for other people he would not be acting in the way that he currently is.

Yes the guy was running his genny again until about 1am Friday , strange there are about another 3 boats nearer than we were on the same side so presume they are all happy with noise probably the wind was sending the noise our way. think all four were there when we came through a couple of weeks ago.

Yes the guy was running his genny again until about 1am Friday , strange there are about another 3 boats nearer than we were on the same side so presume they are all happy with noise probably the wind was sending the noise our way. think all four were there when we came through a couple of weeks ago.

I'm always tempted to wait until about five in the morning, drift alongside the culprit and start the engine. But of course that would just annoy every other innocent person for miles around as well, so I never do it. It's just life. More people = more irritation. And the older ones among us who have been doing this for years remember when it was actually quiet enough on the canal to hear birds singing. The new bods think ongoing noise is normal.

Must be a Huddlesford thing, we were ther the other week and at the LHCR do and the boat ahead ran his engine at about 6-30am and then again until about 11pm

Are there no battery suppliers in Huddlesford?

I'm always tempted to wait until about five in the morning, drift alongside the culprit and start the engine. But of course that would just annoy every other innocent person for miles around as well, so I never do it. It's just life. More people = more irritation. And the older ones among us who have been doing this for years remember when it was actually quiet enough on the canal to hear birds singing. The new bods think ongoing noise is normal.

Hi

I am in total agreement with you. I am a bit of a newbie myself as only bought my first boat as a liveaboard in 1989 but in those few short years the difference has become very noticeable. There are now many many more people living aboard for various reasons and many of them have no wish to comply with the few easy rules that we should all comply with and not making a noise charging batts between 8 and 8 is just one of those simple rules that is easy to comply with.

Tim

Thanks for the heads up. Just moored at Huddlesford as you were leaving, so I think we'll move on. I really hate people who run gennies and engines especially beyond 8.00, they should just sort out their electrical arrangements or,heaven forbid, cruise.Very selfish, it's a pity that they are never pursued for breach of licence conditions.

Edited by Billw
  • Greenie 1

It's the boat called argonaut on the offside. I have to admit that as genny's go, it was one of the quieter ones so unless you are within 3 or 4 boat lengths it probably won't be a problem. But its right opposite the 24 hr moorings so don't stop there!