Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Nice Boat.

Someone will get a bargain I think if that is actually what they want. It won't be an easy Boat to own. Expect surprises. Pretty. 

Not sure about the engine. 

Good shape on these perhaps @pluto can comment on it. Could make a nice electric conversion plenty of space for the solar panels ?

@Pluto

Edited by magnetman
edit to alter the lights

10 hours ago, magnetman said:

Nice Boat.

Someone will get a bargain I think if that is actually what they want. It won't be an easy Boat to own. Expect surprises. Pretty. 

Not sure about the engine. 

Good shape on these perhaps @pluto can comment on it. Could make a nice electric conversion plenty of space for the solar panels ?

@Pluto

I did sort out the origins of the three remaining A&CN flyboats, of which Pauline is one. The two files below give details of most of the A&CN boats, one showing the fly and general cargo boats, the other showing the tugs and compartments. I probably have more details as I have copies of the Castleford gauging books, but have not done any significant work on them.

ACNFleet.pdf ACN boats.pdf

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, DShK said:

Now that's how you live on a wide beam!

It would actually fit on my mooring on the southern Oxford. 

Then with a max cruising range of about half a mile (between locks) I could start campaigning for a massively reduced licence fee! 

Nice wine, this. 

Pauline is a beautiful boat. Only seen it from the outside a few years ago but thought the lines and everything were magic. Never seen the inside before the current FB ad but it seems to live up to the exterior. Price gets you a load of boat but I imagine it will require one seriously skilled and enthusiastic owner to keep her in shape.

As an aside, I blooming hate facebook etc links where there is so much tracking cr@p in the URL that it takes lines to tell FB who referred who from what page and region etc. Not getting at our forum members, it's the big platforms at fault. For example, the straight link to the ad for Pauline is 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/775760507312896

• Greenie 1

I've had the pleasure of being invited on to Pauline several times in the past, and it is an absolutely lovely boat. Has been very well cared for whilst the family were living oboard and continues to be well looked after now.

Yes as with all old boats, a constant supply of care and maintenance is needed with a good supply of elbow grease needing to be applied but she's definitely been setup for a new owner to take on with no surprises.

Having been advertised for over a year, and having the price drastically reduced, I am completely and utterly at a loss why this boat hasn't been sold.

I think it is a little disingenuous to suggest there will be no surprises.

In this sort of situation it is regarded as wise to understand who might be looking at this kind of Boat given current circumstances.

I believe it is a difficult Boat to sell.

It is a nice Boat. Having owned a similar sized barge for ten yars I know it is too big for me.

Interesting  but it is a not something I would want to own 

Edited by magnetman

46 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Probably because it's only on Facebook , I havnt seen an advert yet that I can actually see the boat....along with millions of other normal people.

It's not just Facebook, it's been on a lot of others over the past 12 months or maybe more. I know it was on Apolloduck, Boats and Outboards, Find a Fishing Boat (?) and advertised through Boat Shed brokerage in a lot of places online and over in Europe too.

11 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I think it is a little disingenuous to suggest there will be no surprises.

In this sort of situation it is regarded as wise to understand who might be looking at this kind of Boat given current circumstances.

I believe it is a difficult Boat to sell.

It is a nice Boat. Having owned a similar sized barge for ten yars I know it is too big for me.

Interesting  but it is a not something I would want to own 

Might have been a stretch to say no surprises, but its definitely fair to may to say that the current owner would tell you everything that was wrong with the boat before he told you all of the good things. Maybe one of the reasons why the boat's not sold yet but the asking price comes 2nd to finding the correct person to take on the boat.

41 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

VESTA now reduced to 45k.

I know he's keen to sell and open to sensible offers, but could also do without the time wasters and dreamers.

He's slightly shot himself in the foot by keeping it so nice for so long!

I know I wouldn't be able to keep it that well so not a boat for me, much as I would like to own it. 

22 minutes ago, MtB said:

In what way is it a mystery?  The listing gives a lot of detail about what boat it is and what was done, by whom.

When I first looked it said details coming soon. About 2 hours ago. I knew what the boat was, just being stupid.

• Greenie 1

A bit funny having box handrails on the main cabin and yarwoods type handrails on the back and engine room. 

I think it would look better with the same handrails all over. It has of course been discussed on this thread previously in the current state. 

4 hours ago, magnetman said:

A bit funny having box handrails on the main cabin and yarwoods type handrails on the back and engine room. 

I think it would look better with the same handrails all over. It has of course been discussed on this thread previously in the current state. 

hydrus has box handrails through out its length or are you on about another boat

5 hours ago, Admiral said:

When I first looked it said details coming soon. About 2 hours ago. I knew what the boat was, just being stupid.

presenting info available at the time is not stupid, and presenting the link is relevant and helpfull

• Greenie 1

38 minutes ago, spud said:

hydrus has box handrails through out its length or are you on about another boat

My mistake. It just looks wrong for some reason not quite sure why it might be my imagination.

8131913.jpg

I am not sure butties like being cut

I remember it when it was moored above cassio lock it was motorised as a butty with an anti ventilation plate but I never saw it go anywhere.

23 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

Speedwell (1971 hire boat - but it's on the National Historic Ships Register; 50 year criterion is starting to cover that).

Yep, I've been pointing out for a while now that lots of Springers qualify as "historic" and ought to be admitted to the Braunston Show. 

Tempting - if it had been a Willow Wren wooden top I would have had a look at it. What should have happened is that it should have been restored to as near the condition it was in when UCC had it as a hire boat. There is a definite gap in the boating history - early hire boats are rarely kept in their original layout and finish.

• Greenie 2